Can You Believe This-The Government Wants Us To Go EV but In So Doing They Will impose a gas surcharge

as a quick aside, there have been many comments about autopilot cars and the future. I thought Tesla was the only one but a quick search revealed

Many major automotive manufacturers, including General Motors, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, and Volvo, are in the process of testing driverless car systems.

Do you think the innumerable gasoline filling stations in America will become EV charging stations?

They will hopefully close, with some being converted to long-distance cross-country charging. Most local stations will disappear with people charging in their garages.

Reactions: NorthStar
And because people charging in their own garage @ home, plus charging stations available with parking meters in city streets, parking lots of shopping malls, grocery stores, etc., the infrastructure is going to be completely different than what it is today with gas stations.

Fifty years from now we won't be here to see that all gas stations in America will be part of museums across the country with charging stations in the museum's parking lots.

You are already seeing charging stations appearing at gas stations in Europe. Shell has already started in the UK for example. Small and slow to be sure but they will be expanding rather quickly.

Elon Musk will reveal Tesla's 'Cybertruck' all-electric pickup on Nov. 21

Elon Musk will reveal Tesla's 'Cybertruck' all-electric pickup on Nov. 21

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Wednesday that the company will unveil its all-electric "cybertruck" November 21 in Los Angeles near the serial entrepreneur's other company, SpaceX.

The date just so happens to coincide with the LA Auto Show. However, this is a Tesla event and not associated with the auto show in downtown Los Angeles.

Instead, it appears Musk is tying the reveal on the same date that's listed in the opening title for Blade Runner. Hmmm ... perhaps Musk wants us to walk away mumbling to ourselves, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Musk has talked about producing an all-electric pickup truck for years now. In December, Musk resurrected the idea, saying that Tesla might have a prototype to unveil in 2019.

Musk mentioned on Twitter the desire to produce a pickup truck way back in April 2017, before the first Model 3 sedans had been handed over to customers and the CEO had entered production hell. At the time, Musk tweeted that a pickup truck would be unveiled in 18 to 24 months.

Musk had hoped to unveil the truck this summer, but it was pushed back to fall.

Little is known about what this cybertruck will look like, although there has been plenty of speculation. In an earnings call in January, Musk said it will be "unique."

Last month, Musk said the cybertruck doesn't look like anything he's seen on the internet, a reference to the numerous speculative renderings out there.

Reactions: DaveC
. . .

Many major automotive manufacturers, including General Motors, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, and Volvo, are in the process of testing driverless car systems.

I think Tesla has a lot of formidable competition.

(I am hoping the stock goes down from here.)

I think Tesla has a lot of formidable competition.

(I am hoping the stock goes down from here.)

Why do you hate Tesla so much?

Elon has been bold enough to make a difference in the ecology of the planet, while improving radically vehicle safety and performance. He is also pushing battery technology, which will ultimately benefit the power infrastructure of the US. Many car companies are copying his technical advancements even in ICE cars. He makes most of his patents public so the technology proliferates.

I think it's a great stock to own not withstanding all of the idiosyncrasies of Musk

If you got in at the right time you have made some money

Tesla Inc TSLA $338.10
2:26 PM +11.52 +3.53% $326.58 $0.00 $338.04 $338.14 $379.49 $176.99 12,036,607

Sitting at $338 today with a high this year of $379 and a low of $176

I feel there is still some gain to realize

I think it's a great stock to own not withstanding all of the idiosyncrasies of Musk

If you got in at the right time you have made some money

Tesla Inc TSLA $338.10
2:26 PM +11.52 +3.53% $326.58 $0.00 $338.04 $338.14 $379.49 $176.99 12,036,607

Sitting at $338 today with a high this year of $379 and a low of $176

I feel there is still some gain to realize

I was one of those that sold Amazon at $190.00. I should have had more patience.

I am having more patience with Tesla.

Why do you hate Tesla so much?

. . .

I am genuinely baffled. What in the world would make you think I “hate Tesla”?

I think Elon Musk is an amazing technological visionary! Tesla literally created a new product and a new market and a new thought process! I think Musk is a technological force for good in the world!

Reactions: christoph

I think Elon Musk is an amazing technological visionary! Tesla literally created a new product and a new market and a new thought process! I think Musk is a technological force for good in the world!
I think what Ron is saying is that he is hoping for a dip in TSLA and to buy it on the fall rather than the rise

Yes, strictly business, strategy....Tesla is the perfect stock to play with.

And looking in the long run ...
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/25/tesla-chairman-on-musk-promises-audacious-goals-drive-success.html

"Tesla is the most heavily shorted stock in the U.S., and the most heavily shorted automaker in the world. Those who short a stock borrow shares in hopes of buying them back in the future at a profit after the stock drops.

Ark Investment Management founder and CEO Catherine Wood told CNBC that Thursday’s surge in Tesla stock is just the beginning of an eventual rise to $4,000 per share and possibly beyond."

First you said he is getting competition and then you insinuated that the stock was overpriced. Just my impression of the post. My bad.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing