Center Stage2 "LS" Series Loudspeaker Feet

teeraash

Sep 12, 2021
So to be specific, the critical issue is acrylic. And I mean pure acrylic, not a mix of constituents part of which is a minor percentage of acrylic polymer.

The only components I know of that meet this standard are the Audio Research Ref6 pre and phono and ASR.

If you own those, I'm sorry but our feet are not a match.

I hope this helps.
The (bottom) borders area of AR Ref6 SE is metal which is wide enough even for CS2M 1.5. Would it be working if I put feet under these metal chasis?
P.S. I've ordered LS 1.5 from local dealer here in Bangkok and looking forward to try it on my SF Il Cremonese Ex3me.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Recently a Magico Q7 Mk2 owner good friend of mine installed CMS LS footers onto his loudspeakers.

They are big :

IMG_20230309_140843.jpg

The Q7 are heavy :

IMG_20230309_140831.jpg

Thomas from the local CMS dealer fine-tuning/levelling the speakers :

IMG_20230309_140807.jpg

Comments from my friend :

Screenshot_2023-03-09-14-16-53-212_com.whatsapp-edit.jpg
:cool::cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Recently a Magico Q7 Mk2 owner good friend of mine installed CMS LS footers onto his loudspeakers.

They are big :

View attachment 105808

The Q7 are heavy :

View attachment 105809

Thomas from the local CMS dealer fine-tuning/levelling the speakers :

View attachment 105810

Comments from my friend :

View attachment 105811
:cool::cool:
I’ve had 4 LS 1.5’s under my speakers since they came out. The change is profound. In fact I’ve stated here that one set of LS 1.5’s under my speakers probably produced as much a change as all of the CS footers I have under all of my electronics.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I’ve had 4 LS 1.5’s under my speakers since they came out. The change is profound. In fact I’ve stated here that one set of LS 1.5’s under my speakers probably produced as much a change as all of the CS footers I have under all of my electronics.
Agree 100%!
It's like upgrading the speakers to the higher model.
:cool:

Reactions: Holli82

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

When you say large change. Can you explain what it did to the sound of the speakers?
Thanks

Steve Williams

The sound floor with these is virtually non existent. so a huge improvement with top to bottom linearity. No coloration. Wide deep soundstage and amazing immersive effect. Best way I can compare is if you had one place to put a tube most people would say preamp as it confers benefit to all sources. So also for putting these under your speakers IMHO gives exactly what you would hear if you had CS footers under all your electronics. The other caveat is that the LS series was the first to have multiple contact points and trickle down technology poured over into the current CS Ultra TT and TD which is imo the best product Joe has released. If you ever see the LS 1.5 they are like cannonballs and must weigh between 4-5 pounds each. They also have manual leveling with high precision.

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Are the LS footers still be available with the new Ultra TT coming out? May I use the Ultra TT for my speakers instead? I have been saving up for the LS 1.5 for the past year and the Ultra TT is more approachable if they can do the job.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Are the LS footers still be available with the new Ultra TT coming out? May I use the Ultra TT for my speakers instead? I have been saving up for the LS 1.5 for the past year and the Ultra TT is more approachable if they can do the job.
dts-99

This is a good question. Unfortunately, the answer is no, the Ultra TT is designed for electronic components. They do not replace the LS series, which is very much available. Thank you for asking. I hope you move forward with the LS 1.5s. You will never regret having them in your system. They are the gateway to a much better understanding of what is possible in high end audio.

All the Best

Joe

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Steve Williams

View attachment 111073
My LS footers are completely screwed all the way down and I was lucky as my floor is flat and I did not need to extend any of my footers to achieve balance. What I love about the Ultra TT (not for speakers) is that they are auto leveling and hence no need for shims

Reactions: dts-99 and CKKeung

Steve Williams

What do you mean by “auto” leveling?
It’s the way they are made. it obviates the need for a shim. Plus the footer also has an extra 1:4” adjustable height which is somewhat similar to the LS series

Reactions: CKKeung

havocman

Aug 24, 2023
I believe there's something even better than the CMS LS footers for speakers and that is the Townshend podiums they isolate down to three Hertz, floating the speakers on air is going to isolate better than a spike in a cup which is what CMS uses, but I guess the only way to prove that would be to test them against each other.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
I believe there's something even better than the CMS LS footers for speakers and that is the Townshend podiums they isolate down to three Hertz, floating the speakers on air is going to isolate better than a spike in a cup which is what CMS uses, but I guess the only way to prove that would be to test them against each other.
I am so very sorry in advance and apologize for putting this so bluntly, however, I have no choice under the circumstances. Quite frankly, your statement is inane as written. To assume that longitudinal mechanical waves generated by loudspeakers can be prevented from pervading into any dimensional mass in a listening space is ludicrous. It is even more ludicrous to assume that locking entropy inside a vibrating and resonating loudspeaker cabinet is a good thing. What is abundantly true by your comment, and I apologize again for my directness, is that you have no idea how or why LS footers work. To be clear, I am NOT saying the product you cited doesn’t do something. I AM saying there is absolutely NO basis for comparison between the two approaches (from your post) and no foundation for your opening conclusion.

Munnich

Jul 2, 2022
i apologize in advance for asking in the wrong CMS thread but noticed that Joe was recently on.
I was wondering if Center Stage 2 footers would be compatible with Black Diamond Racing shelf as a base support. The shelf is made from carbon fiber.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
i apologize in advance for asking in the wrong CMS thread but noticed that Joe was recently on.
I was wondering if Center Stage 2 footers would be compatible with Black Diamond Racing shelf as a base support. The shelf is made from carbon fiber.
No worries at all. Yes, they would be compatible. You should place the footers on top of the shelf (directly touching the component chassis) for best results, imo.

Munnich

Jul 2, 2022
Thanks Joe,
I have two sets of CS2 (1) and a MSB Reference dac which is two units, the dac unit and the power base unit (they are not stacked). Would it be more advantages to use both sets under the two MSB units or split them between say the MSB dac unit and my Melco music server?

thanks again.

Last edited:

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
Thanks Joe,
I have two sets of CS2 (1) and a MSB Reference dac which is two units, the dac unit and the power base unit (they are not stacked). Would it be more advantages to use both sets under the two MSB units or split them between say the MSB dac unit and my Melco music server?

thanks again.
I would split them between the server and the dac (lowest is the stack). I hope this helps.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We have. To put it plainly we continue to support and distribute Townshend. Their crown jewel is the super tweeter. The pods' ameliorate shocks on sprung flooring but do a lot less in reducing signal hash from airborne, transformer or motor vibration and resonance. The pods also help in keeping neighbors under you from transmitted LF as opposed to no feet of any kind at all as testified by those living in the unit below my partner who used them under his semi active speakers that go down to 22Hz. Unfortunately the difference in sound transmission was almost insignificant compared to stock M8 spikes. Seeing expensive speakers wobble when nudged was also very disconcerting. Not an issue with the townshend equipment platforms which we sell easily. One thing for sure is that the before and after reactions of our customers is much more subtle with the Townshend. For many the change is enough but those that put more priority on vibration management invariably go for the full CMS rack and footer combination.

Historically we started with CMS first and picked up Townshend a year and a half later. Max had a lot of projects like cables and passive preamps aside from his iso products. This is why I say the Super Tweeter is the crown jewel. It is the area he had the most success with. Our sales reflect it too.

Last edited:

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
If low frequencies produced by a loudspeaker were prevented from exiting the cabinet into the floor, as you suggest, the cabinet would resonate (producing excess unwanted energy) at multiple frequencies (upper harmonics) throughout the cabinet structure. These entropic resonances would feed back into the drivers and degrade their performance by mucking up their stop/start capability thus generating excess heat.

Remember that crossover traces and wiring in crossovers are generally silver and copper. These metals are crystalline structures at the molecular level. Subjecting these crystalline structures to vibration, at the atomic level, causes the positive ions of the crystals to vibrate and interfere with the “drift” motion of the valence electrons (electrical signal) passing through the traces and wires thus causing an increase in temperature. Increases in temperature beyond the optimal performance design of a circuit cause an increase in resistance in the circuit, and entropy caused by increased resistance throughout the crossover degrades the efficiency of the circuit; the heat created by excess vibration causes the wiring and traces to function as resistors between the resistors and capacitors. This anomaly would also be present in the wiring leading to the drivers. So, if the mechanism you claim to be at work within this device is indeed the case, the loudspeaker crossovers and drivers would be subjected to a shitstorm of excess vibration and heat and therefore malfunction.

Who could possibly think this is a good thing?

Reactions: scottrogers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing