MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Me tooooooo

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Me, four! Preferably with the other speakers out of the room...

• Haha
Reactions: MadFloyd

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2022-10-14 18.21.49.jpg I

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We got a great chance to hear a full 10 series mono set up , with P-1. L10 and Wadax with Server and Dac and top of the line Basis table. We got to hear with both our speakers and subs and with the previous system before we tore it down and set up ours.
I am a huge CH fan and I think they make some incredible gear, super well made, super flexible and built like a tank. Oh yeah only one pair of speakers were in the room at a time :)

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
We got a great chance to hear a full 10 series mono set up , with P-1. L10 and Wadax with Server and Dac and top of the line Basis table. We got to hear with both our speakers and subs and with the previous system before we tore it down and set up ours.
I am a huge CH fan and I think they make some incredible gear, super well made, super flexible and built like a tank. Oh yeah only one pair of speakers were in the room at a time :)
Dang! I'd really love to hear that, too! How did it compare to your home base, Elliot?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe RH will compare the XVX to the Goebel using the same electronics (CH 10 series). That would be very interesting to hear his take on how the XVX and Goebel compare to each other.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Dang! I'd really love to hear that, too! How did it compare to your home base, Elliot?
Well this was the first time I got to hear the Divin Noblesse with vittical bi-amping and also with the new subs. So this was quite a change from my own room. I have said that I feel my sound room is just a little too small for the big guys and although they sound very goo d here it takes a lot to make them sing and I do prefer whtm in a larger space. I liked what they were capable of doing at RMAF and at PAF even though those were less than perfect situations you could get the sense of what they might be able to do. In this room they really came alive as this is an excellent room driven by some of the finest componenets available along with the Wadax system and the Basis Trancendance TT with is a real piece of work. I am blown away by that puppy its so cool.
I wish that we had some more time to really spend ot make it perfect and to listen some more but that was not a reality for any of us. I was really happy with the result and I think this really showed me how much I could get. I suspect we will be able to really take this to the max in Oliver's two large new rooms at the new factory that will be open in 2023 and probably full blown by the Munich show. It could be seriously amazing.

Major difference:
More space and larger deeper sound stage. Incredible low level and macro dynamics and one gets really drawn into the music. The Divin can really show you the all of the music and do it in a way that makes you want to keep listening. I never get fatigue with Oliver's speakers and that I love.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Maybe RH will compare the XVX to the Goebel using the same electronics (CH 10 series). That would be very interesting to hear his take on how the XVX and Goebel compare to each other.
read the review and you be the judge after you read what he writes

Reactions: SCAudiophile

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I heard P10 will be in this year Munich show.
Yes, P10 is their next 10 Series product.
Hope that it will be debuted in the Munich Show 2023.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
He never compares anything anymore

I suspect it’s quite difficult for a reviewer to compare large speaker systems directly to each other. It’s also not good for business.

On the other hand, Tim and I directly compared three large speaker systems directly to each other in the same room and same system when we were out in Utah. It was relatively easy and very informative.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I agree, Lloyd — it’s very interesting.

On the crystalline purity point: I actually would solve for crystalline purity with OTL tubes — Atmasphere OTL or Einstein OTL.

PS1 I have never heard Tenor OTLs, unfortunately.

PS2: When I told Ralph Karsten that as much as I love the crystalline purity of OTLs I cannot cotton to the touch of leanness or less warmth I hear compared to other tube amplifiers. Ralph replied that I simply am addicted to the “warm, fuzzy sound of transformer-coupled output stages.” He’s very likely correct!
I dont find Atma-Sphere OTL Lean on 16 ohms Horn Speakers, however on 8 and 4 ohms they did sound leaner. Iv come to understand this is prob due to how the amp is driving the speaker. ??

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I would love to see if someone can compare the New TriodeFet Amps coming out of Aries Cerat vs the CH Stuff.

Single Ended Single Stage is something to explore from AC.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing