CH Precision 10 series

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Congratulations, Elliot!
Congrats to CH Precision. I am just a lowly dealer :) They are on a role with both Harley and Gregory going crazy over the gear with two different speakers.

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just posted the cover. I did not post the entire review

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The M10 has motivated me to go do some audio work and so today I reset up the Divin Noblesse with the Wadax Reference gear and my M10. This is the first time I have had this combo set up and playing in my room. I have spent most of the day working on it and I about 90 percent there.
I will let then play over night and get some hours back on them after sitting for a while . I also want to get the M10 temperature up there in the high 40's - 50's so I can dial them in totally.
I love the Divin Marquis and they work really well in my room. I have forgotten I guess what the Noblesse can do and now with this new gear ZI am hearing them like never before. I remembered the difference in dynamics and in the utter bottom levels but this is just so much more and so much fun.
More to come as I get them "prefect" LOL

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
The M10 has motivated me to go do some audio work and so today I reset up the Divin Noblesse with the Wadax Reference gear and my M10. This is the first time I have had this combo set up and playing in my room. I have spent most of the day working on it and I about 90 percent there.
I will let then play over night and get some hours back on them after sitting for a while . I also want to get the M10 temperature up there in the high 40's - 50's so I can dial them in totally.
I love the Divin Marquis and they work really well in my room. I have forgotten I guess what the Noblesse can do and now with this new gear ZI am hearing them like never before. I remembered the difference in dynamics and in the utter bottom levels but this is just so much more and so much fun.
More to come as I get them "prefect" LOL
Eliot, you mention the operating temperature. Can you please comment on the amount of heat generation that these bring to a room when running for a good while? I am curious to know how much of a room heater a stereo unit might be. Thanks!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-12-14 11.53.05.jpg
Eliot, you mention the operating temperature. Can you please comment on the amount of heat generation that these bring to a room when running for a good while? I am curious to know how much of a room heater a stereo unit might be. Thanks!
The CH amps do not generate a lot of heat in the room. They are only warm to the touch however the amps operating temperature as it plays will warm up . The amps sound their best in the high 40's to low 50's degrees C. I am sure it does send some heat in the room but it is certainly not like a tube amp or some of the really hot running amps from the past.

Attachments

• 2021-12-14 13.03.02.jpg
    2021-12-14 13.03.02.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2021-12-14 13.03.19.jpg
    2021-12-14 13.03.19.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 31

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-12-15 10.32.47.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
FYI I am still working on finalizing the set up and so have not done any adjustments or settings other than working on speaker placement etc.
I do plan on trying a little feedback and have a set of custom made EVP planks to put under the speakers when I am done with the positioning.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Setting up large speakers is always challenging and takes more time. They are hard to move around and all the little things are just not easy. I spent half the day today working on finalizing the speaker location and getting the leveling feet set properly. The Noblesse really moves a lot more air than the Marquis and really pressurizes my listening room. The sensation of space and air with the dynamic bass response of the Noblesse is really cool and so finding the proper balance of that with getting the voices localized and sounding " real" does take some time in a room my size.
The Marquis is relatively easy to set up in my room the Noblesse not so much. I should be able to finish the set up tomorrow time permitting. I am excited as some of the larger pieces of music today really sounded AMAZING.

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
Just saw that on Wilson FB. I know it's just a video, but it seems to support some of the findings discussed here. Looks like a similar system RH has.

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
Just saw that on Wilson FB. I know it's just a video, but it seems to support some of the findings discussed here. Looks like a similar system RH has.
this is consistent with what I experienced when I went and heard them

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Anyone know a way to read this online without a paywall?

A digital signature of TAS is almost free (less than $1 per issue) and this issue has plenty of other interesting articles. The review is exhaustive and long - it will cost less than 10 cents per page! :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-12-20 15.00.36.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Today installed the custom EVP planks from Norm Varney. Now its time to try to finish dialing the system in and doing all the "little" things

Reactions: ACHiPo

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
A digital signature of TAS is almost free (less than $1 per issue) and this issue has plenty of other interesting articles. The review is exhaustive and long - it will cost less than 10 cents per page! :)
I checked into it and did the math last week, so I took the plunge. I really don't read the magazines anymore, and mostly am fine with that, but I was curious to read Robert Harley's take on the 10's. I opted out of the auto-renew!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
It is truly difficult to explain what the EVP do under speakers( really make a huge difference in this area)
I had Norm make a pair of custom EVP planks to handle the Noblesse. He delivered them at CAPFEST and I finally got the opportunity to install them this week under the large Divin Noblesse. MY thoughts are if you haven't tried this you should. I'm not a technical person so I wont comment on what they actually do as Norm is the scientist and he measures etc., I just listen and these things really work under every speaker I have tried. The Noblesse being the largest was the last one I got to try. I had issues the last time I set the speakers up in my room truly getting them to couple in the room and disappear. I have since then added the Wadax and now the M10 of course and I am thrilled with what I am achieving here. The EVP just seem to let the magic happen. The bass is deeper and cleaner, the sound stage is more transparent and you can really "see" the performers and the space around and between them. I highly recommend them and I think I am going to have him custom make a couple of them for some other items I have in mind.

Reactions: cmarin and ACHiPo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing