Contenders for Best Tube Integrated Amp? Only the best elements of tube sound!

cdp2727

Feb 27, 2016
I really have enjoyed the Line Magnetic 219ia integrated tube amp. Very detailed resolution, solid bass, with a ground sound stage. I use with Wilson MAXX2's and it has no problem driving them. I also own the ARC VSi75 integrated tube amp and this sounds much better to my ears. LM 219ia 3.JPG

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I just got the Absolare Passion Signature Integrated and it is by very far the best amplifier I have owned. I hear details in the music I have never heard before and know very well. Depth, soundstage, musicality etc are simply world class. I believe that this is as good as it gets and it is no miracle that Kerem at Absolare get BOS in shows all over the world. Outstanding stuff. I use it with the Verity Parsifal Anniversary speakers and APL dac.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Slcaudiophile;

I have been an audiophile/music lover for more than 35 years and I have had many expensive high end amplifier and equipment in general. So yes, I have some experience. This integrated is truly something very special. IMHO.

newmill

Jul 30, 2015
ok. ive been holding off replacing my audio research integrated because the next one i buy will be the last. which dealer did you work with for the viva?

I have been trying to find info on the VSI75 but not much out there. What are your impressions? Is it smarter to save up a few more pennies and go higher in the line up?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
my apologies. maybe it was.

That's very nice of you. Apologizing is an honorable thing to do - especially on an online forum - which is surprisingly uncommon..

Coming back to the subject, the Absolare Passion Integrated is very, very special - I can assure you. That said, there are of course others to consider at different price points - for different listeners.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Absolare 200w integrated sounded good at Munich and was quite compact.

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
I have been trying to find info on the VSI75 but not much out there. What are your impressions? Is it smarter to save up a few more pennies and go higher in the line up?

sorry i missed this ...

if i were you i would wait and buy the new foundation stuff. i keep hearing the foundation stuff is awfully close to their ref stuff. and the arc ref stuff is really hard to beat if you like the tube, 3-d realistic, * holy s*** experience listening to music.

i keep judging sound based on my good friends system (in the pic) and this system is without a doubt the best sounding thing i have heard. and he doesnt use use the cd8. he uses the amg v12 turntable with the ref3 phono stage not seen. it is the most amazing thing to listen to, full stop. so if you can ... save and get the foundation stuff. i think they are ~ $7500 a piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0610(1).JPG
    IMG_0610(1).JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 916

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
That's very nice of you. Apologizing is an honorable thing to do - especially on an online forum - which is surprisingly uncommon..

Coming back to the subject, the Absolare Passion Integrated is very, very special - I can assure you. That said, there are of course others to consider at different price points - for different listeners.

well you were right ... i was being a bit of a jerk. it happens ... i blame it on inadequate mothering :). im just teasin! but no, thank you for pointing it out and setting me straight. im sure it is a amazing amp. i learn a lot from everyone here so thanks!

newmill

Jul 30, 2015
sorry i missed this ...

if i were you i would wait and buy the new foundation stuff. i keep hearing the foundation stuff is awfully close to their ref stuff. and the arc ref stuff is really hard to beat if you like the tube, 3-d realistic, * holy s*** experience listening to music.

i keep judging sound based on my good friends system (in the pic) and this system is without a doubt the best sounding thing i have heard. and he doesnt use use the cd8. he uses the amg v12 turntable with the ref3 phono stage not seen. it is the most amazing thing to listen to, full stop. so if you can ... save and get the foundation stuff. i think they are ~ $7500 a piece.

Thanks very much for the reply. I have not heard of the foundation line, but will look into this. Sounds like great advice, and yes the ARC gear that I have heard is quite magical indeed.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The Absolare 200w integrated sounded good at Munich and was quite compact.

I thought it sounded far inferior to their all tube amps.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Absolare Integrated vs Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated? Anybody has experience with both these units? Look similar from spec point of view. Heard the Phaethon in my system which sounded superb, but willing to explore the Absolare option.
Thanks, Tim
From what I have heard so far the Phaeton is better.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought it sounded far inferior to their all tube amps.

I meant for an integrated, that compact. I don't expect integrateds to sound as good as separates

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The best integrated a I have heard so far:
KR Audio VA680 and SXi
Ayon Crossfire III
NAT symbiosis SE (but only after at least 2 hours of continuous playing)
Ypsilon Phaeton
KR Audio VA350i

Soon I will be demoing the Aries Cerat Diana ( I have it now but must get the beast in place). Will it crush the rest?? Time will tell...

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I meant for an integrated, that compact. I don't expect integrateds to sound as good as separates

I think they can and maybe Diana will prove it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing