Count Basie

Welcome, goldeneraguy and tubedoctor!!

Is that the power of Count Basie? Getting lurkers to come out of the woodwork :D
Hi Gary,It just might be.
Have been thinking of posting here for a while but wanted to be sure posts don't become a battle royal as they do on a-gon

Hi Gary,It just might be.
Have been thinking of posting here for a while but wanted to be sure posts don't become a battle royal as they do on a-gon

I hope so too!! There are already threads that I don't even bother visiting. I hope that they don't multiply.

:(

I hope so too!! There are already threads that I don't even bother visiting. I hope that they don't multiply.

Yeah, I need to stay out of more threads myself.

On-topic: Thanks for the suggestions, I need to stock up my Basie CD collection. Took a look last night and it's scary how many times I have performed the music relative to the one or two CDs I have... Need to listen more so I'll perform better!

On-topic: Thanks for the suggestions, I need to stock up my Basie CD collection. Took a look last night and it's scary how many times I have performed the music relative to the one or two CDs I have... Need to listen more so I'll perform better!

:)

I have several of the Basie AP 45 rpm reissues. The original Pablo pressings are no slouch either, if you can't find or want to pay for the OOP AP45s. These are a lot cheaper than original Blue Note or Impulse! albums.

I have several of the Basie AP 45 rpm reissues. The original Pablo pressings are no slouch either, if you can't find or want to pay for the OOP AP45s. These are a lot cheaper than original Blue Note or Impulse! albums.

Shhhh! You don't want to drive the price of original Pablo pressings up :)

I have a bunch of the Pablos, and bought a 45 rpm copy of Basie St. Also found a few others used on vinyl that are on their way. Will be pulling a listening session tomorrow. Thanks for the insights, all.

This one ain't too shabby either.

View attachment 7007

It always annoyed me that Princeton stuck price stickers on the covers, at least on the cheaper records that used to be in the stacks. (As I remember, the fancy records were kept behind the counter). My mono Starker Dvorak on Mercury has a Princeton sticker that can't be removed without damaging the cover. I guess it's a badge of honor because I think I paid $4.99 for the record.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing