Daniele Cohen from Alsyvox visits Rhapsody.Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I really don't know of any music that doesn't sound great on any of the Alsyvox. Full scale orchestra, Rock/hip-hop/pop, jazz, folk/vocals, opera. All sound VG.

Yeah agree, played one track of AC/DC after which Roon suggested a Queen track, 45 minutes later :eek:, really have to get back to work now!

Reactions: ALF

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Latest Rhapsody.Audio Tintoretto X (with external Xovers) sale, just delivered yesterday. Still figuring out Xover placement as there is a door issue:) Yes, they already sound amazing even WITH the cabinet and TV in the center.

9image0.jpeg

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Really need to get the price down on those to something realistic such that more people can enjoy them.

Find a way...;)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Really need to get the price down on those to something realistic such that more people can enjoy them.

Find a way...;)

Daniele at Alsyvox chooses the current business model.. Daniele makes the Alsyvox by hand and enjoys manufacturing them in this manner. We are selling as many as he can make. If he brought out models at lower price points then manufacturing would have to ramp up. That is not the business model that he chooses.

I asked Daniele the question you propose the day after I first heard Alsvyox. His answer remains the same.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Well cheap planars then go Maggie I guess. But knowing what I know I am not sure the dealer margins can't be cut back a bit. But then I know you are NYC.

What I really want to see is excellence at about the £10-15K mark. So reasonable production levels with great designs. They exist and can excel enough to make you think why spend more?

What I really like about Daniele is he has done something that is truly great. Respect. It's up to Daniele who he associates and.sells with, after all.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Well cheap planars then go Maggie I guess. But knowing what I know I am not sure the dealer margins can't be cut back a bit. But then I know you are NYC.

What I really want to see is excellence at about the £10-15K mark. So reasonable production levels with great designs. They exist and can excel enough to make you think why spend more?

What I really like about Daniele is he has done something that is truly great. Respect. It's up to Daniele who he associates and.sells with, after all.

I like the Apogees. I feel very reasonably priced for the refurbished models. I think I owned six pair in the 80's/90s. I have a good friend that heard the Alsyvox at my place. He didn't want to spend the $$$ right now, but really liked the sound. He went out and bought a pair of refurbished Scintillas and loves them.

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi Bob,
Is it possible to share the impedance curve for the $80K model? A friend of mine was asking

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob,
Is it possible to share the impedance curve for the $80K model? A friend of mine was asking

Hi Caseser, There is not a published curve.
Impedance is higher than 4 Ohm (actually higher than 4.7 Ohm) at any frequency except going down to 3 Ohm at 20KHz and higher.
Also phase rotation is very small so any amp can drive them showing their different personality.

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thank you. On paper, it sounds like virtually every amp (other than flea watt amps) would be a match. Makes me wonder if any amps sound bad with the speaker, or if there are "synergies" that make some amps sound better than others.
Much appreciated!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thank you. On paper, it sounds like virtually every amp (other than flea watt amps) would be a match. Makes me wonder if any amps sound bad with the speaker, or if there are "synergies" that make some amps sound better than others.
Much appreciated!

My personal experience is that I have not heard the Alsyvox sound bad with anything from 50 Watt SET's (Kondo Kaguras) on up in power. Just different presentations.

Reactions: caesar

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013

Find a way...;)

Compare them to a pr of modified Diva’s or Duetta ‘s. That would be interesting to know the compare ..

Reactions: bonzo75

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013

While Maggies are great at their price point they really dont deliver at SOTA levels ..

BTW did you ever finish repairing your apogee’s ..?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What

What is the rated sensitivity Bob ..?

94db and as said nothing below 4.7 ohms. I've connected them to an ONgaku (27 Watts) and it sounded really nice, but not enough power. The Kaguras at 50 Watts sound VG. I like them with big SS power. The Pilium amps, even the integrated at 400Watts and strong power, is ideal for me.

The Constellation sounds good on them as well. I love the Pilium Elektra DAC into the Constellation pre/amp. Sounds really good.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congrats! Whats amps are those?

Thank you! It is the big T+A integrated. BUT it soon will have been the T+A integrated. The Pilium Alexander and Achilles are on order and will be delivered in the October/November timeframe.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thank you! It is the big T+A integrated. BUT it soon will have been the T+A integrated. The Pilium Alexander and Achilles are on order and will be delivered in the October/November timeframe.

Holy smokes! Congrats!

If you've heard his T&A, I'm curious how it sounds.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Holy smokes! Congrats!

If you've heard his T&A, I'm curious how it sounds.

I have not hear the PA 3100 HV T+A integrated. The client is keeping it until the Pilium arrives in a few months, then I will have it up for sale and probably a chance to listen to it prior to selling it. I've nothing but good things about T+A gear.

The client says the integrated sounds really good on the Tintoretto X, no issues, but wants to expand his horizons:p

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Bob,

Just out of curiosity have you tried the Botticellis with any high power push-pull tube amps (for example, ARC, Jadis, VAC, VTL)?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Dear Bob,

Just out of curiosity have you tried the Botticellis with any high power push-pull tube amps (for example, ARC, Jadis, VAC, VTL)?

Hi Ron,

Just with Jadis JA200's and the 90Watt Jadis I-88. Botticelli and Tintorettos sounded VERY GOOD. Daniele from Alsyvox was at my place and we were deciding what to use for this last postponed Axpona. One listen to the 90 Watt I-88 and Daniele and I both decided that is what we would use for the Botticelli X at Axpona. Then Axpona was cancelled.

Daniele liked the sound so much he went back to Spain and I introduced him to the Jadis folks and they were planning on showing together in a room at Munich 2020. Not sure which amps they were going to use, I think it was going to be JA-80s which are very nice sounding amps.

So, I would think that these experiences would illustrate how higher power tubes sound on the Alsyvox.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing