Dartzeel LHC-208 Streaming Capabilities Updates?

Glad to. I’m a huge David Sylvian fan from Japan days, Rain Tree Crow and esp. Solo. His sonics are great so I know it sounds good. I have a 7 hour playlist of Jansen, Barbieri, Karn & Sylvian I regularly play on random shuffle so I can attest good fit but will do an audition to give you an audiophile review not a fan review.
Before the Bullfight (Gone to Earth)...great presence on the drums in the intro; atmospheric; lots of layers, synthesizer in intro is a bit aggressive but not problematic; Sylvian's voice mixed back; guitar high's sparkle (gotta like Bill Nelson); bass full, layers clearly delineated. its a murky song; but all the pieces are clear, presence but carry the smoky feel of the song; voice carries very well....8 out of 10

Every Colour You Are by Rain Tree Crow: the guitar intro very present, smooth, bass line solid; synthesizer again, a bit sharp; good presence, Sylvian's voice more forward than the previous song but still not as far in front as his earlier cds; electric guitar incisive but not sharp; snare drum... sounds like a snare drum. Karns bass snarls - this is great. 8 out of 10.

This got me playing some other DS, like Brilliant Trees (The Ink in the Well) , Secrets of the Beehive (September), Dead Bees on a Cake..... they are even nice than the above.

Delicate by Damien Rice: guitar gentle/ exquisite, voice emotion carries well, plaintive; strings nicely mixed into the middle, not over powering the voice; second harmonics in the quiet part of the song present, carry the emotion.... I dont usually listen to music like this, but I have to admit, its giving me chills, poignant music! 9 out of 10 sonically!

So overall.... this is my stereo, not yours but I think Sylvian's music is generally well produced and on the DZ it sounds like it should. Now if you had a pair of speakers which emphasized the high end (e.g. B&W), it might not wear as well. My Peak Consult are full bass, smooth mid and mellow high end.

Reactions: Terrycwk
Wow, really big hats off to you Ron! So now I do get a better picture of how the LHC-208 mk2 would sound or better yet, the sound characteristics of darTZeel in a more general sense. The speakers I’m using now is the JMR Abcisse and if the darTZeel does possess tube characteristics, I would tend to think this combo should work well together. In any case, many thanks again for your input and I will think hard on what my next move should be.

Wow, really big hats off to you Ron! So now I do get a better picture of how the LHC-208 mk2 would sound or better yet, the sound characteristics of darTZeel in a more general sense. The speakers I’m using now is the JMR Abcisse and if the darTZeel does possess tube characteristics, I would tend to think this combo should work well together. In any case, many thanks again for your input and I will think hard on what my next move should be.
I’ve had many tube amps and I would not say it is euphonic the way some tube amps are but rich, yes. The difference in this amp is how real everything sounds. And smooth enough to be tolerant of bad recordings. See earlier note.

You’re welcome but be sure to take the above with two grains of salt: my room, my ears, my stereo, my preferences, but I have heard enough equipment to know that the DZ is compatible with this type of music (and all other from my experience).

Reactions: Terrycwk
You’re welcome but be sure to take the above with two grains of salt: my room, my ears, my stereo, my preferences, but I have heard enough equipment to know that the DZ is compatible with this type of music (and all other from my experience).
Duly noted Don and there surely will be a lot more research to be done before my next move. Nevertheless, I really appreciate your help and thank you so much again!

The LHC-208 mk2 is fantastic, not in small part due to its digital section. That alone makes it a good buy vs the CTH-8550 mk1 *if* you don't have a quality DAC already.

Can't wait for the Roon ceritification, as networking is definitely the way to go, but UPNP is a pain (USB being an even bigger pain)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu