David Karmeli's Natural Sound in Utah

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I thought there was suddenly some new insight into David's natural sound in Utah. See what you started Tango? You mention his incredible AS2000 and it spins off into videos of pole dancing and pictures of cute cats.

There does seem to be a bit of interest on WBF lately about power delivery, cables, racks and the importance of referencing live acoustic music. David figured all that out a while ago and it can be heard in Utah.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Mike,
I'm poking fun at Ron as he's always on me for talking politics and making "WFB like Facebook." I personally love the animal talk as I have to canine listening friends.

Cheers and have a great weekend listening to the SIT3, I know I will.
Jeffrey.. I get the ass of the day award ! My humble apologies for my knee jerk reaction. Pets and audio are a passion of mine…. you Have a good weekend as well..

Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Jeffrey.. I get the ass of the day award ! My humble apologies for my knee jerk reaction. Pets and audio are a passion of mine…. you Have a good weekend as well..
Is all good, I can easily see how my post could have been misinterpreted.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Howie video pole dancing will be my Gold Standard Reference. ;)
I’m fairly concerned that Howie’s pole dancing on video may not actually seem that natural… and of course unless his bass is very firm it could just all end a bit tipped up and unbalanced :eek:

Reactions: Lagonda

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Gonna be some red pencilling here when the SJW police catch up with this thread. Bad doggies.

Reactions: djsina2

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I thought there was suddenly some new insight into David's natural sound in Utah. See what you started Tango? You mention his incredible AS2000 and it spins off into videos of pole dancing and pictures of cute cats.

There does seem to be a bit of interest on WBF lately about power delivery, cables, racks and the importance of referencing live acoustic music. David figured all that out a while ago and it can be heard in Utah.
I would call this thread of yours very natural Peter. There is more practical normal life with some giggle here. No red carpet needed.

Now Let's get the thread back on track.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I’m fairly concerned that Howie’s pole dancing on video may not actually seem that natural… and of course unless his bass is very firm it could just all end a bit tipped up and unbalanced :eek:

I think in this case we definitely need a black foreground. Lights off. Luckily his body is diffuse with no hifi type etched outlines

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
You guys slay me. I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did and I read page after page with extreme interest and now I am stricken with visuals of Howie doing a pole dance with an audience of cats that I cant be unseen.

Peter, this is, was an amazing thread, hope the train can be put back on the tracks.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You guys slay me. I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did and I read page after page with extreme interest and now I am stricken with visuals of Howie doing a pole dance with an audience of cats that I cant be unseen.

Peter, this is, was an amazing thread, hope the train can be put back on the tracks.

Do you realize without the cat and Howie posts you wouldn't have noticed the thread? As a token of gratitude, tip Howie generously after the dance

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Thank you Hi-FiGuy. Do yourself a favor and visit David in Utah. Then you won’t have to listen to the videos I posted but you can hear the system for yourself. I suspect you will feel the urge to change your moniker to NaturalGuy. The air in that listening room is extremely refreshing.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol @ change to natural guy

Reactions: rando

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you Hi-FiGuy. Do yourself a favor and visit David in Utah. Then you won’t have to listen to the videos I posted but you can hear the system for yourself. I suspect you will feel the urge to change your moniker to NaturalGuy. The air in that listening room is extremely refreshing.
Its on my list! I was at Steve's one evening for a session and we had a tube issue and Steve called him at a evening hour and David answered right away and without any attitude helped us through, stand up guy!
I have several rooms I want to visit, Davids and Phillips place...and now maybe yours! Would also like to visit Ron's room.................someday, Keiths, The Big Dig and a few others.
I live in a "we are open" state and none of this will happen until I can travel to and fro freely in all respects.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Its on my list! I was at Steve's one evening for a session and we had a tube issue and Steve called him at a evening hour and David answered right away and without any attitude helped us through, stand up guy!
I have several rooms I want to visit, Davids and Phillips place...and now maybe yours! Would also like to visit Ron's room.................someday, Keiths, The Big Dig and a few others.
I live in a "we are open" state and none of this will happen until I can travel to and fro freely in all respects.
Utah’s an open and free state with none of the ridiculous mandates where we are!

david

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I never even considered the gold costume having a train.

At this level of artistry it makes sense to, in the opening stages, have it visually transform into a pavilion structurally supportive of a central pole (On the order of an Eduardo Tresoldi exhibition) for this au naturel performance.

The venue is even suggesting itself along with someone to hold the kitty.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am all in favor of animal posts -- but let's put them in the dedicated "Dog and Cat" Forum, please.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing