DCS Vivaldi

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
dCS Vivaldi system was launched in 2012. After 8 years, dCS will launch a new flagship series very soon. Rumor is this year, but given the current pandemic, the launch will probably be delayed.

Another reason to stop the Vivaldi series is new disc transport mechanism from Esoteric is no longer available. dCS is using up her warehouse stock at the moment and has to leave some for future maintenance. Vivaldi transport will soon discontinue. Vivaldi One uses transport mechanism from Denon which is certainly not on the same league.

For those who are considering to upgrade to or going to buy Vivaldi, these are the factors to consider.

I am not close enough to the company to know when they will replatform their top of the line. I will say as a. Vivaldi owner who purchased in 2012....they have provided some significant upgrades over the last eight years that has allowed my stack to advance with the industry. I think you may have Rossini transport confused with Vivaldi One In your statement above.....the Vivaldi One uses the Esoteric VMK3 transport

i think a question is whether the next replatform by dCS even uses a transport....will be interested to see. DCS also offers one of the best trade in programs....they take care of their customers

i will say since I have more free time than usual...I went back and read this thread from the beginning. Interesting to watch the discussions evolve.....hard to believe this is an eight year old product....but still one of the best I have heard. YMMV

Reactions: drunkenspyder

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I am not close enough to the company to know when they will replatform their top of the line. I will say as a. Vivaldi owner who purchased in 2012....they have provided some significant upgrades over the last eight years that has allowed my stack to advance with the industry. I think you may have Rossini transport confused with Vivaldi One In your statement above.....the Vivaldi One uses the Esoteric VMK3 transport

i think a question is whether the next replatform by dCS even uses a transport....will be interested to see. DCS also offers one of the best trade in programs....they take care of their customers

i will say since I have more free time than usual...I went back and read this thread from the beginning. Interesting to watch the discussions evolve.....hard to believe this is an eight year old product....but still one of the best I have heard. YMMV

I have to agree with you on multiple points. With the pace of digital advances, the Vivaldi is hard to beat, and for some of us, it can't be beat. Your prophecy is likely right on, any future dCS flagship platform likely won't have a transport.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
You do not have to buy both the Vivaldi clock plus another. The Vivaldi Clock handles the duties nicely. I would start there and see if you want to try something else later.

Reactions: drunkenspyder

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Another reason to stop the Vivaldi series is new disc transport mechanism from Esoteric is no longer available. dCS is using up her warehouse stock at the moment and has to leave some for future maintenance. Vivaldi transport will soon discontinue. Vivaldi One uses transport mechanism from Denon which is certainly not on the same league.

Can you confirm the statement in bold? As far as I know the Vivaldi One uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo™ mechanism, the same mechanism as the Vivaldi transport. It was one of the reasons why the Vivaldi One was a limited edition.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Can you confirm the statement in bold? As far as I know the Vivaldi One uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo™ mechanism, the same mechanism as the Vivaldi transport. It was one of the reasons why the Vivaldi One was a limited edition.
Vivaldi One still employs the Esoteric transport mechanism, but only the 2nd best model of the previous series, not the current new VRDS-Atlas transport mechanism.

Also, due to unpredictable supply from Esoteric, Vivaldi One is a limited edition model.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW

Vivaldi One uses the same transport as the Vivaldi transport used. VRDS Neo....

Marck1973

Aug 11, 2017
Anymore updates on the below. Do you know if it is part of the line or all of the line:

dCS Vivaldi system was launched in 2012. After 8 years, dCS will launch a new flagship series very soon. Rumor is this year, but given the current pandemic, the launch will probably be delayed.

Thanks
Marc.

Marck1973

Aug 11, 2017
The new series will be launched next year. It has a controller, a processor, two mono DAC and a clock with no transport in the beginning. Controller is a network bridge which has a smaller box. Processor is the largest which has upsampling function.

Vivaldi One uses the same disc mechanism as Vivaldi transport. My apology for giving incorrect information. Vivaldi One has completed its 250 pieces production, only small amount of stock is still available in dealers.

So 5 boxes excluding the transport?!!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
The new series will be launched next year. It has a controller, a processor, two mono DAC and a clock with no transport in the beginning. Controller is a network bridge which has a smaller box. Processor is the largest which has upsampling function.

Vivaldi One uses the same disc mechanism as Vivaldi transport. My apology for giving incorrect information. Vivaldi One has completed its 250 pieces production, only small amount of stock is still available in dealers.

Are you sure about this info on the new series? Can you share your source? I'm not trying to make a dispute, I'm a Vivaldi owner and a likely upgrade candidate. This kind of information also makes other buyers hesitate whether to buy now or wait for the new thing. Just looking for accuracy. Thanks

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
"My friend also mentioned a name for the new series, something starts with a D, the exact name I can’t recall. "

Do i hear an advance on Dvo?ák?

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia
Anymore updates on the below. Do you know if it is part of the line or all of the line:

Thanks
Marc.

Given the upcoming release, is it still worth considering the current Vivaldi DAC? Or is there competitors which have caught up since the Vivaldi was released all those years ago.

I noticed they still have not released an updated for DSD256, even though they have stated the HW is capable of DSD256 and more.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Given the upcoming release, is it still worth considering the current Vivaldi DAC? Or is there competitors which have caught up since the Vivaldi was released all those years ago.

I noticed they still have not released an updated for DSD256, even though they have stated the HW is capable of DSD256 and more.
This one is difficult to answer. With the current pandemic, the launch of new flagship will probably be delayed. I was told the new series will be much bigger in size and much more expensive.

Firmware 3.0 has been in the pipeline for some time, it should further enhance the Vivaldi DAC.

If you want a good DAC, try to get a used Vivaldi in the 2nd hand market.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

It will depend on your preference and system. If you like master tape sound carrying all the information and extension and then building a compatible system IMHO a DCS Vivaldi with the clock is still on top. The Taiko Extreme is an excellent match with it. Some people whose opinion I consider tell me that the top WADAX Reference matches or even surpasses it, I hope to listen to it soon - just audiophile curiosity, the price it is out of my reach.

Reactions: BMCG

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia
I would be willing to invest in the current Vivaldi 'IF' DCS would release a firmware for at least a DSD512 support. I assume they will, but they would also want users to move to their new series.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing