Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Gosh Tang, I thought you were made of sterner stuff than this.
Haha. You make me smile again Marc.
I joined this forum without reading the term of agreement. Now that Steve and dminches pointed out some of them. I no longer want to share and participate. People have to respect house rules. You dont go into the house if the rules dont fit you at the first place. So..na na hey hey kiss you good bye Marc. It's been fun. :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I would kiss you too, Tang...but Ra would glare at us.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I learned a lot from reading ddk’s posts. While I understand his decision, I wish he wouldn’t leave. He’s not only an experienced audiophile that all may learn from, but I count him as a friend as well. I believe most of the forum understands the positives he brought to WTB. I think these should accentuated and leave the rest of the topic to rest.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
I joined this forum without reading the term of agreement. Now that Steve and dminches pointed out some of them. I no longer want to share and participate. People have to respect house rules. You dont go into the house if the rules dont fit you at the first place. So..na na hey hey kiss you good bye Marc. It's been fun. :)
Tango and Mark, you two too; you’ve made me smile again…

BTW, David’s shingle is still out…I’m buying and he’s sending me a couple of tonearms.
vbw,
-a

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Tom, I feel like you have a list of a “select few”. Of course the forum will go on without them. The members give the forum its value. Sure eyeballs drive ad revenue and there is value in that for the owners, but for the people who are here to learn things, it is the quality of the content and the information that is of value. We learn from those members who are willing to share their greater knowledge and experience with the rest of us. That is why some of the great content will not be deleted. That content is a gift from those who provide it and both the owners and the members are better for being able to access it.
Lets not forget that one of the reasons people keep returning to this forum, is the humoresques friendly banter and messing around that has been part of WBF the last many years. It is part of the formula that has made advertising a profitable possibility, how many will return long term, if all that is left is manufacturers/dealers posting to sell their goods ?:rolleyes:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
NO Tango ! Don't go !:eek:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Lets not forget that one of the reasons people keep returning to this forum, is the humoresques friendly banter and messing around that has been part of WBF the last many years. It is part of the formula that has made advertising a profitable possibility, how many will return long term, if all that is left is manufacturers/dealers posting to sell their goods ?:rolleyes:
Yes, iron sharpens iron. We learn thru debate.

Reactions: Amir and Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
Terms of service?
How convenient
As if that explains everything

• Haha
Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Steve and Ron, what did you two do to make David want to leave after all these years?

What is behind your assumption that I did anything at all?

I did not do anything.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Gregadd

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
You never did get an answer to your question.
Steve gave the answer, the only one that matters, David did not want to be moderated. no one made him tell Steve that. who knows all the reasons he left, only the final one was this.

David was never going to let anyone tell him what to do. ever. a bad thing. no, just a thing.

this is nothing new. 20+ years ago Romy the Cat did the same thing. he refused to be moderated in any audio forum, so went and did his own. now he is master of that forum. no one can tell him anything. i assume he is happy.

and those of us who are ok being moderated can choose from various forums where we have to live with that.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
[
Steve gave the answer, the only one that matters, David did not want to be moderated. no one made him tell Steve that. who knows all the reasons he left, only the final one was this.

David was never going to let anyone tell him what to do. ever. a bad thing. no, just a thing.

this is nothing new. 20+ years ago Romy the Cat did the same thing. he refused to be moderated in any audio forum, so went and did his own. now he is master of that forum. no one can tell him anything. i assume he is happy.

and those of us who are ok being moderated can choose from various forums where we have to live with that.

I expect you to be a Steve apologist, but this response tells me you don't understand the issues at play. There is more than a single-sided perspective to all of this.

Reactions: Amir and PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Excellent summary of the state of affairs.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
What is behind your assumption that I did anything at all?

I did not do anything.

We have discussed this at great length privately. I’m surprised you even asked that question. I told you what you did but you don’t seem to get it. Sorry Ron, we simply have a fundamental disagreement about this issue.

Reactions: tima

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

What Steve and Ron did was set up a terms of service and set of rules to govern the members. They then installed an autonomous panel of monitors to enforce the set of rules on the members. A lot of people don’t like being monitored. That was not the reason David left the forum. It was a higher principal.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
What Steve and Ron did was set up a terms of service and set of rules to govern the members. They then installed an autonomous panel of monitors to enforce the set of rules on the members.

It all sounds so matter-of-fact but what is missing is judgement. The idea of mediation is missing.

But these are the surface issues.

Reactions: Amir and PeterA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
[text omitted]
With that said, it would be nice if he (as well as the other valuable members WBF has lost over the years) simply took a break instead of all the drama and joined back in with the discussions when they felt they were ready. There is no harm or shame in that .[emphasis supplied]

Tom
When I got my three-day suspension. I was pretty mad because I thought it was not warranted. But eventually I came back. I have moderated several disputes. Some successfully.

Reactions: DaveC

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
What Steve and Ron did was set up a terms of service and set of rules to govern the members. They then installed an autonomous panel of monitors to enforce the set of rules on the members. A lot of people don’t like being monitored. That was not the reason David left the forum. It was a higher principal.
i did not claim to know why he left, and i said exactly that. i only what he told Steve about it. i've known David for a few decades but don't presume to know his thinking. i'm sure he is doing what he thinks is best for him.

not liking being moderated, but living with it's realities, is normal stuff. a matter of trade-offs. that covers most of us.

Reactions: Glide3 and hogen

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It all sounds so matter-of-fact but what is missing is judgement. The idea of mediation is missing.

But these are the surface issues.
Does everything you post have to be in such a snarky legal sense? Mediation smh.

it’s an audio forum, Tim. Be nice and don’t talk about politics, religion, or guns. It’s not that hard to follow these simple rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing