Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner

Hi y’all, just a few words on what I think is a worthy alternative to the Audio Desk Systeme and KLAudio ultrasonic cleaners.

http://degritter.com/media-kit/

I’ve been a beta tester on the Degritter for the last few weeks, and am happy to offer my opinions and answer any qs for those interested.

I believe official launch is in early May, and at this stage after a couple of quibbles in day to day use, I’m planning to keep my unit, it’s been a pretty good success, and invaluable addition to day to day life as a vinyl addict.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mine for a few months now and it's awesome. A friend has both the degritter and audio desk and says it's no comparison for him. Degritter is justway better all around.

Reactions: rockitman
any new reports on degritter ? My KL audio just started to leak in the tank near the drain area. Is degritter the go to ultrasonic machine other than Audio Deske ? Thanks.
Oh no. I would have thought an O ring change or something simple would allow you to continue using the KLaudio. Would be a shame to waste it if it if the ultrasonic cleaning mechanism still works fine.

You get all these adapters with the Degritter.

My Degritter is working superbly. We've had a couple of software updates now, adding additional features and settings, so it wouldn't surprise me if a 'wash only' option couldn't be added very easily (though it's easy to do just set dry to zero as suggested above, or simply hit stop when the fan starts up).

I had a Loricraft PRC6 prior to this and also had a loan of the Audiodesk at the same time as the Degritter and PRC6. They all have strengths but the Degritter is, I would suggest, the best solution of the three. It's certainly the one I chose to keep.

any new reports on degritter ? My KL audio just started to leak in the tank near the drain area. Is degritter the go to ultrasonic machine other than Audio Deske ? Thanks.
I can only say that I haven’t turned my Audio Desk on since getting my Degritter. Hard to imagine anyone not being pleased with it. Good luck.

Reactions: rockitman
You get all these adapters with the Degritter.

My Degritter is working superbly. We've had a couple of software updates now, adding additional features and settings, so it wouldn't surprise me if a 'wash only' option couldn't be added very easily (though it's easy to do just set dry to zero as suggested above, or simply hit stop when the fan starts up).

I had a Loricraft PRC6 prior to this and also had a loan of the Audiodesk at the same time as the Degritter and PRC6. They all have strengths but the Degritter is, I would suggest, the best solution of the three. It's certainly the one I chose to keep.
I wonder if their adaptorz would work with the Klaudio? Thee Klaudio ones a a huge rip off.

Oh no. I would have thought an O ring change or something simple would allow you to continue using the KLaudio. Would be a shame to waste it if it if the ultrasonic cleaning mechanism still works fine.
Leaking in front right bottom corner of machine. Opposite side of the tank where the opening is. I think the tank weld has a split in the welded seam But will require major disassembly to confirm

Leaking in front right bottom corner of machine. Opposite side of the tank where the opening is. I think the tank weld has a split in the welded seam But will require major disassembly to confirm

Ultrasonic operation is hard on the tank where it occurs. Both the stainless steel and seams undergo stress and will wear. Better USC tanks have no seams or welds.

I've cleaned over 250 albums with my Degritter. On a very rare occasion I will run into an album that requires additional cleaning. I typically run the album on another 1-2 cycles on the Degritter and it solves the issue. 3 times I have run into an album that required a deep enzymatic soak on my ClearAudio Smart Matrix cleaner in order to get it clean - but these were all used record store buys and there is no telling what was used on the albums. I am considering getting rid of my Smart Matrix at this point because I use it so rarely and when I do it rarely helps (only 3 successes).

3 times I have run into an album that required a deep enzymatic soak on my ClearAudio Smart Matrix cleaner in order to get it clean - but these were all used record store buys and there is no telling what was used on the albums.

What determines when a record requires this extra step?

What determines when a record requires this extra step?
Each time it has been background noise between tracks that I thought should be less. 9 times out of 10 using an Enzyme soak and a traditional RCM does not help. 1 in 10 times it has helped (3 times total) where I used the AIVS Enzymatic Cleaner and literally soaked the album for 30-40 minutes per side before going through the regular AIVS 3 step process. In those 3 cases I was able to get the noise level between tracks nearly eliminated - but frankly it is not worth the extra effort unless it is an extremely special album.

Thank you. I have some albums that don't clean as well as I like (you know, you want silence but there's still noise in there) and I sometimes recelan but have yet to find an album where that improved things. It has either cleaned to silence or not on the first pass. But I'm still experimenting out of curiosity.

Has anyone tried other cleaning fluids with their Degritter besides the stock fluid? I'm on my last bit and I need to reorder but curious if there has been different results with different brands.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing