Denafrips product owners please fall in

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Abyss,

Please let it slide ... I had stated my preference and made my decision in earlier posts.

It is you and your comment thereafter about your thinking on SLT and their capability in response to my posts that is not appreciated at least by me nor helpful ... please dun bother (me) anymore.

Cheers.

Richard
I suggest you go find your own thread then.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys,
Look what came back after a short hiatus. I missed her, but she’s just a temp. LOL.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Blake and CKKeung

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Hi guys,
Look what came back after a short hiatus. I missed her, but she’s just a temp. LOL.

YESSSS!!!!!!! THE PARTY IS ON. CONGRATS RAJ!

Are those the Furutech footers you mentioned earlier?

I did check out the Furutech NCF Boosters and the YouTube videos. I think I might try some out- you are a bad influence for my wallet :p

Right now I am using an old antique wooden box to keep my speaker cables off the ground.

Attachments

• Cable-1.jpg
    Cable-1.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: Abyss Man

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Blake,
I feel the Boosters make a bigger impact compared to the signal booster, but having said that, please try to get an audition to hear it for youself before taking the plunge and I'm so sorry for your wallet. Oh ya, please get them from authorised Furutech dealers as there are known fakes/clones floating in the market. Please be very careful sir.

With regards to the Iris, yes sir.....its definitely back on, the party........I am still in awe that an entry level DDC can sound this good after re-clocking by the TP. I sure am glad we decided to go with the TP/Gaia combo.

alvin1118

Nov 2, 2015
Singapore
www.vinshineaudio.com
Reactions: Blake and Abyss Man

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys,
Review of the TP from Mr. Steven Guttenberg

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
So waiting of more then two months is over as my Avatar landed at my door steps yesterday.
Initial impression is absolutely positive from packaging perspective, look & feel perspective (it does look & feel much more expensive then it really is) and from the SQ perspective after initial few hours of listening it seriously kicks some a.s.
I’ve read that it takes quite some time to settle/break in, so I won’t be writing much about sound at the moment.
I need to mention two more things - back panel which is full of freaking options to connect it to DAC which I would say is a massive bonus.
Second thing - many producers today don’t take care about is readability of display and here the situation is perfect, as you can see the track number and elapsed time from several meters away. Thanks god somebody is still using common sense (not all of us have a Superman vison).
Two small things which are negative - no user manual supplied and not available for DL at the Dena website and no battery supplied in remote control (even no clue which one goes in as its button type one). Otherwise remote control is impressive as well and can be easily used instead of baseball bet if by chance you don’t have one near you at the moment of need.

Few pics for illustration purposes.
EA8C2357-14FB-4B86-84E9-9B332AC55BBC.jpeg 41BE6041-FD19-4119-B6E1-262653500BF2.jpeg F34B7EBA-739F-477C-B752-A9BF540D012F.jpeg 7E2D78BD-350D-45F6-BBB8-E2B0E0FFEF88.jpeg DE3D7B76-9AF5-42A7-855C-20A8A223C0EB.jpeg

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Very nice system @Golum !

The Avatar looks to be very well built from your pics. Looking forward to your reports.

Reactions: Abyss Man and Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
It is actually build beyond my every expectation and seems like guts inside are not a sluch either.
I’ll get back when it collects some hours under the belt..

Reactions: Wouterk

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Very nice system Golum. It must be lovely sounding.

Reactions: Golum

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hot off the oven. Wooohooo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Blake

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
I tried not to say anything, but damn.........WOW. If it doesn’t make you dance, You are not human. LOL. What a combo? Ok enough, better STFU before I get flamed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: kennyb123 and Blake

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
I tried not to say anything, but damn.........WOW. If it doesn’t make you dance, You are not human. LOL. What a combo? Ok enough, better STFU before I get flamed.

The TP + Gaia is an "end game" combo, no doubt!

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
I did it again. :D And bought the new Terminator Plus. I was able to trade in the previous Terminator at the dealer. The TP is played from the fanless fis Audio PC below with the HQPlayer and the high-precision DSD modulator ASDM7EC / DSD 256.

That sounds very good. But I have the feeling that there is still room for improvement. Burn-in has just started.

My questions to TP users:

1. Can Clock Out also be switched off? I am not currently using this.

2. Can the spikes be unscrewed and replaced by others without opening the chassis?

Thank you

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
I did it again. :D And bought the new Terminator Plus. I was able to trade in the previous Terminator at the dealer. The TP is played from the fanless fis Audio PC below with the HQPlayer and the high-precision DSD modulator ASDM7EC / DSD 256.

That sounds very good. But I have the feeling that there is still room for improvement. Burn-in has just started.

My questions to TP users:

1. Can Clock Out also be switched off? I am not currently using this.

2. Can the spikes be unscrewed and replaced by others without opening the chassis?

Thank you
Hi,
Welcome to the club. Sound decision in getting the TP. As for your questions,
Clock can be turned on/off, please follow the steps available on Denafrips webpage.

The footers can be changed out, it’s just placed there, it’s not screwed on or anything like that.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Congratulations @StreamFidelity! Looking very good.and yes, welcome to the club.

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
Thanks all

Clock can be turned on/off, please follow the steps available on Denafrips webpage.

I really tried hard to find the clock out switch and even did something men never do: read the instruction manual. :cool:

Where can I read that?

The footers can be changed out, it’s just placed there, it’s not screwed on or anything like that.
Are the feet just glued on?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
@StreamFidelity

In order to engage the clock output feature of the TPlus, you first have to install one or more clock out cables to the upstream device, and then you also need to do some button pushing sequences on the TPlus (and, if your upstream device is the Gaia there are a few sequential button pushing steps on that unit as well to sync the clocks between the Gaia and TPlus).

New, out of the box the TPlus clock outputs are not engaged, so as of right now, your clock output is not engaged.

You will know when the clock out is successfully engaged as the clock out light will be illuminated.

Check out Vinshine's Youtube channel for helpful videos (there are several, including guides for the Gaia and clock output from the TPlus to non-Denafrips upstream device):

Last edited:

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
@Blake

Thanks for the video. I finally found the Denafrips manual page. For me, the LED at the clock output was on. I learned that it increases the SQ (Sound Quality) if all inputs or outputs that are not needed are deactivated. Fewer electrical signals improve the noise and conserve the energy balance.

According to the instructions below, I pressed mute and stopped with input- at COAX. As a result, the LED was still on. In effect, the clock output was probably deactivated. I find that confusing.

So I tried the setting with I2S-A and now the LED is off. Obviously, the designer has considered two settings for No clock output: COAX with LED on and I2S-A with LED off. I don't really understand why? But I think I solved the problem.

DENAFRIPS Terminator-Plus Clock Out setting

1. Press Mute button to engage mute/setting mode
2. Press Input- button momentarily multiple times. You will see the LED light up in the following sequence as you press/release the Input- button
  • COAX (No clock output)
  • AES1 (44.1K/48K)
  • AES2 (24/25Mhz) <- for Soundaware
  • OPT (45/49Mhz) <- for GAIA
  • I2S-A (Clock out disable, note that CLOCK LED will be off too)

Reactions: Blake

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing