Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Supreme German engineering!!!

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
The only video that I could find with the arm in action ...
No remote control for people with huge rooms?

I love this design, kind of similar to my vintage Pioneer PL-L1000.

Is there a difference between a laser and an optical sensor?

I think there are 6 optical sensors on my old table.

Compared to the price of the table this arm will probably be put on it looks to be a real value.

Yet another time I wish I had the money.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
My friend, that is one sweet automobile and would cause quite a stir at a car show even in the USA. By the way, check out Coker tires, they specialize in vintage replacement tires and should have them in your size. And yes, they have the big white wall as well, even in radial.

I take it you have a back ground in both engineering and manufacturing to design and build that tonearm. Not an easy feat by any means.

What are you using to measure the displacement of the arm, a laser? Another method is to use a metal target and measure the capacitance between the tonearm and target. That would have to be converted to a digital value for the control board using a ADC.

The emergence of CD's killed all the development that was going on in Japan for the best TT back in the early 80's. It was a race between manufactures and a source for much pride. Tables such as my Yamaha PX-3 were the last dying gasp, a shame because we were cheated out of the designs that the best engineers had to offer. I believe that you showed us what would have come forth if the CD revolution hadn't arrived. My hat is off to you sir!

BillWojo

FYI: a thread below discussing our turntables and the Sony equal.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/shootout-pioneer-pl-l1000-vs-yamaha-px-3.260233/

All comparable, condition of machine being the more important factor considering their age.

Seems to me if you love those old designs, this new design is the cats meow.

Did I hear right in the Fermer video VTR and not VTA?

As an owner of a vintage Porsche I like the automobile analogies.

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
the arm comes with remote
Jürgen we need one of your comprehensive reviews of this arm, Rainer should recognize the value, and lend you an arm for a few months. Let’s hear how it cooks in your “ kitchen” ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: shakti

Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
You might find this interesting...

In the past weeks we have made a few small improvements.
We have integrated a PID controller into the software.

This enables us to read out the course of the grooves even more sensitively.
We have played many records and empirically found the best setting.

Here is a measuring protocol of an Inside Out Cut record.
The scales at the bottom and left have no values. They are for internal evaluation only.

InsideOutCut.png

All linear tracking arms that are delivered will get an update via internet.

Thanks for your attention,
Rainer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing