Diptyque Audio DP=160 The New Reference ?!..

LOW SENSITIVITY IS deemed as being inferior so everyone is fudging these days , its not 1957 , power is available , match amp to load and roll ..!

Regards

Here's a Amazing Review on the new improved Diptyque DP-140MK2's "WINDOW TO AN LIVE EVENT"!:) They said the Built Quality is SO GOOD that they could last you a LIFETIME now !!:D They now use these speakers in their Reference System !

https://www.hometheaterhifi.com/rev...io-140-mark-ii-isodynamic-loudspeaker-review/

The new improved Diptyque DP-160MK2's was picked as one of the best sounding speakers at Munich Highend Show 2024 !

https://www.atelier13-usa.com/diptyque-dp160

https://www.atelier13-usa.com/diptyque-dp140

WOW !

WOW! Soul Note Reference Gear with the Diptyque Reference Loudspeakers ! Perfect Match !!
Indeed they sounded superb and probably the Best Buy at the show. Driven by Kora hybrid monos that also delivered. My favorite planar at the show by far!

First, sorry for the late replay. Have been using my time for a few life changing things.

What can I say about the 107 I had. Well the thing is, I just loved the speed and accuracy and speed of them. The deep and detailed bass, the superb top end. They are just amazing. I had the Magnepan 1.7i at the same time. These migth mot be a direct comp because of the price difference. But the Diptyque absolutely blew the Maggies, not only out of the same court, but the building, City and country. The difference is shockingly huge. The Maggies was like a small plasic speaker..

Im now looking at getting a pair of 140 Mk2. Thats how good the 107 was.
Here's the all new Diptyque DP-1115's WOW !

Last edited:
Both Diptyques sounded great this year. There is a lightness of touch, speed, great openness, and sense of ease which makes them highly addictive to listen to, and in these areas I think they may outperform Alsyvox and Clarisys. I had the References at home for a while last year and loved them - if they did a model above the reference that had more bass impact I would seriously consider them.

Along with bass impact, the other criticisms are that despite only being 1dB less efficient than my Wilson Benesch they needed probably 10dB more gain on my pre-amp to drive the room, and the relatively short height of the tweeter ribbon means listening height is critical - stand up and you lose a lot of the treble.

Ha - interesting indeed. I've asked the UK importer to see if there are any plans to build a bigger model, or perhaps do a separate bass panel to augment the Reference model.

Reactions: Audio_Karma
Here's a all new model, the Diptyque DP-115 !

Diptyque DP-107's WOW...

Last edited:
These Diptyque Loudspeakers COME ALIVE with SoulNote Gear ! :D

Diptyque DP-140MK2's with SoulNote Gear

Last edited:
I heard the 140 and I’m wondering if they were not being paired with gear that shows them off to their fullest? Dartzeel integrated and Hegel Dac. I mean they didn’t do anything wrong, were easy to listen to but perhaps I was expecting Alsyvox like performance in a much lower priced product. They definitely needed subs. Alsyvox is one of the few speakers that could tempt me away from my TAD’s, and unfortunately at least in this demo, the 140’s could not.

I heard the 140 and I’m wondering if they were not being paired with gear that shows them off to their fullest? Dartzeel integrated and Hegel Dac. I mean they didn’t do anything wrong, were easy to listen to but perhaps I was expecting Alsyvox like performance in a much lower priced product. They definitely needed subs. Alsyvox is one of the few speakers that could tempt me away from my TAD’s, and unfortunately at least in this demo, the 140’s could not.
They need to use Dartzeel Gear at the upcoming shows maybe it's a better match !

SOUNDS AMAZING with TUBE GEAR ! Line Magnetic Audio LM-805ia Tube Integrated Amp. ! :eek::oops:

Last edited:
A lot of people were raving about the Diptyque Room and was one of the very best rooms at Munich !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing