Doctor's Orders-Part Two-The New Listening Room Of Steve Williams

Sounds like a great time were had by all! :cool:

Steve, that's very kind of you. :b

I have a new teaching position and exigent circumstances of the job demanded attention the very last day and hour.
Sonny and I had dinner in Leucadia last night and have a place where maybe you, Cathy, Sonny, and I can enjoy a fine repast.
It's called Le Papagayo -- the last time I was there was over 20 years ago!

Hopefully, it won't be that long before we see each other at The Williams' Saturday Night Soiree at THE Show! :D
Albert is such a fun guy. :cool:

Thanks to Gary Koh I had the real Anne Bisson in my house sitting in the sweetspot in my sound room listening to a signed tape of her album Blue Mind and commenting about what she is hearing to a crowd of the who's who in the audio industry stuffed into my little room last night. How great was that? Thanks Gary and Anne

That must have been very fun. She seems like a nice lady.

So did she hear any differences - any critiques?

She was an absolute sweet heart and was completely engaging. She sat center seat and commented several times during the playing of the tape that she was hearing things she had never heard before such as her feet on the piano pedals and occasionally some inflection in her words but all in a good way

I -- we all -- had a wonderful time at Steve's house last night. Thanks to Steve and Kathy for hosting a great dinner and a fantastic evening!

There is no higher compliment an audiophile can receive than to have a professional singer listen to her own recording on the audiophile's system and tell the audiophile: "I can see myself and my band in front of me." That is the compliment Anne Bisson paid to Steve's system, and to Steve, last night.

Sounds like a great time!

Looks like I missed yet another great party!

Listening to this on vinyl for the first time. Haven't heard it for years but only on CD

Flight of the Cosmic Hippo is better on side B rather than the one on A

IMG_4544.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4533.JPG
    IMG_4533.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 370
Amazing albums!!! Here's another fun one.....

Attachments

• Cats-Are-Stealing-My-$hit!.jpg
    Cats-Are-Stealing-My-$hit!.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 338
One more photo that I just received, this one showing Joe Lavrencik from Critical Mass Systems and his wife Joy. The room is so packed that if you look behind the left side of the pictue behind Albert Porter's head you will see a wisp of blonde hair against the wall. That was my wife crammed in like a sardine

IMG_4545.jpg

some copper plate tube glow

IMG_4546.jpg

One more photo that I just received, this one showing Joe Lavrencik from Critical Mass Systems and his wife Joy. The room is so packed that if you look behind the left side of the pictue behind Albert Porter's head you will see a wisp of blonde hair against the wall. That was my wife crammed in like a sardine

Great to read about this evening. Congratulations, Steve!

Wow what a picture.

What were you listening to? No one seems very happy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing