Doctor's Orders-Part Two-The New Listening Room Of Steve Williams

Steve, Check this disc out...Matheny experiments with different types of guitars and microphone technologies. The first cut is a real eye opener as the release of energy into the listening room through out the sonic spectrum is really something. In comparison the last cut is pretty conventional.

What's_It_All_About_Pat_Metheny.jpg

Not that I'm aware of.

Thank you...thought that this process of material layer stabilization, bonding, etc...could be hastened with higher mass componentry. Great whitepaper by the way. Thanks to Steve for posting it and taking the time to speak with me via length yesterday! I have a close friend who happens to also build all the power cords, interconnects and speaker cables in my systems; spoke with him yesterday and on several other occasions as he has a very high opinion of your racks and platforms and has several in his system. I have alot more research to do obviously......

If you have time to speak this morning, please PM me with a phone# and I'll give you a call.

Are you aware of any issues bringing up http://www.criticalmasssystems.com/ in Safari, Chrome or Firefox on MacOSX? I cannot seem to get to your website today or for the last 2-3 days;
all it does is download a file "download.gz" containing a text image to your website. Please let me know how I can get your website accessible...

Hmmm works fine on both Safari and Chrome for me.

* proud to be Joe's first ever international distributor :D

If you have time to speak this morning, please PM me with a phone# and I'll give you a call.

Are you aware of any issues bringing up http://www.criticalmasssystems.com/ in Safari, Chrome or Firefox on MacOSX? I cannot seem to get to your website today or for the last 2-3 days;
all it does is download a file "download.gz" containing a text image to your website. Please let me know how I can get your website accessible...

Our phone number is: 630.640.3814.

I'm not aware of an issue. I clicked on your link and it took me to the site. I also clicked on the link under my signature and got the same result. I don't manage my website so I have to check to see if there could be issues.......

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Thrilled to have been on most of the ride Joe. The evolution has been really great to witness. Now, what could you possibly be cooking up? :D

Our phone number is: 630.640.3814.

I'm not aware of an issue. I clicked on your link and it took me to the site. I also clicked on the link under my signature and got the same result. I don't manage my website so I have to check to see if there could be issues.......

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I'll give you a call later today or after the holiday (leaving for vacation early in the morning) to talk racks and platform tech and Q&A.

The website issue I am seeing could be a question of route prescribed by Charter in this part of the state or the fact I am currently also on a VPN related to work though
I can get to any other website I normally use on VPN or off VPN; should not matter.

The site works perfect for me

Thanks to Jack for not only being Joe's first international distributor but also going so far in saying that CMS is their best kept secret. Jack and Joe.......I swore I would never be back on this ride again but thanks to Jack's perseverance in making me aware of this wonderful product made by Joe as this rack has brought me closer to the sound of my system. Next up for me is to take delivery in a few weeks of some of Jack's second best kept secret, namely MB cables. I am convinced that once installed my quest is over wrt any further upgrades as the sound I am hearing is better than anything I have previously heard in my system

The site works perfect for me

Thanks to Jack for not only being Joe's first international distributor but also going so far in saying that CMS is their best kept secret. Jack and Joe.......I swore I would never be back on this ride again but thanks to Jack's perseverance in making me aware of this wonderful product made by Joe as this rack has brought me closer to the sound of my system. Next up for me is to take delivery in a few weeks of some of Jack's second best kept secret, namely MB cables. I am convinced that once installed my quest is over wrt any further upgrades as the sound I am hearing is better than anything I have previously heard in my system

Steve,

Thank YOU for the opportunity!

Even better Joe, thank you for spending a weekend here with Joy setting up this new rack. These past few weeks have been almost habit forming for me as I have enjoyed the sound of my system more than ever before. It is difficult to make someone a believer in the changes in the sound from these racks without them being able to have extended listening sessions in their rooms before and after CMS.

As for the soundstage changes I find it mesmerizing because after a while I gave up trying to guess what is going on with these shelves and just became immersed in the sound.

As for the white paper Joe, I have read it several times but finally I have an understanding of the virtues of these racks

BTW one thing I haven't commented on is the absolute perfection in ht away every piece is milled and machined. Every screw hole is perfect and everything assembles without a hitch. Even the way the rack arrived on a palette wrapped perfectly was a site to behold as the shipping weight was 850 lbs.

Joe has also spent long hours investigating the different sonic attributes of each component used in the assembly right down to the type of alloy used in his screws as well as the type of tungsten used in the bearings upon which every shelf is supported. I got a lesson in Tungsten from Joe that was amazing that he figured it out

So yes Jack hearing the changes to the sound in my room came as a result of your familiarizing me about Joe's product. I am so glad that I not only listened to you but also heard a full system done with CMS as both you and Jimmy did. That was a revelation for me to have heard. To Jack and Jimmy I say " Salamat po"

You're very welcome Steve. :) Over here it is considered the rack system to die for since it is exposed in showroom and in shows. Not quite a secret. They are expensive for this market, much more so than the US wit its much greater buying power. An interesting tidbit is that over here a big chunk of our CMS clients are in the industry themselves and use them in their personal systems. Talk about a picky bunch! The big jump came when Joe migrated from the fixed frame system to the modular XK systems. This allowed shipping costs to come down as well as providing much more flexibility.

:D

Even better Joe, thank you for spending a weekend here with Joy setting up this new rack. These past few weeks have been almost habit forming for me as I have enjoyed the sound of my system more than ever before. It is difficult to make someone a believer in the changes in the sound from these racks without them being able to have extended listening sessions in their rooms before and after CMS.

As for the soundstage changes I find it mesmerizing because after a while I gave up trying to guess what is going on with these shelves and just became immersed in the sound.

As for the white paper Joe, I have read it several times but finally I have an understanding of the virtues of these racks

BTW one thing I haven't commented on is the absolute perfection in ht away every piece is milled and machined. Every screw hole is perfect and everything assembles without a hitch. Even the way the rack arrived on a palette wrapped perfectly was a site to behold as the shipping weight was 850 lbs.

Joe has also spent long hours investigating the different sonic attributes of each component used in the assembly right down to the type of alloy used in his screws as well as the type of tungsten used in the bearings upon which every shelf is supported. I got a lesson in Tungsten from Joe that was amazing that he figured it out

So yes Jack hearing the changes to the sound in my room came as a result of your familiarizing me about Joe's product. I am so glad that I not only listened to you but also heard a full system done with CMS as both you and Jimmy did. That was a revelation for me to have heard. To Jack and Jimmy I say " Salamat po"

Spending the weekend was our pleasure........ Hey, and don't forget the meatball soup!

Since visiting Jack , Jim, Sam, Jerry and Phil in Manila in August as most know I went gaga over the sound I heard at Jack and Jim's houses due to the use of Master Built cable. After returning home I contacted Leif from Von Schweikert Audio to arrange a demo of these cables. Wow, did that ever shake up my impressions of what a cable can do. My impressions with the cable that Leif brought is documented here in my system blog and in short it was nothing short of revolutionary. My system never sounded as good as it did with the MB cable Leif placed on loan in my system. The killer however was when Leif had to come pick ups the cable to take to the Singapore Audio show. Putting back my existing cable into the system although satisfying was just not even close to the level it had been with the MB Cables

Well I took the plunge and purchased a full loom of MB Ultra cables. The SC and IC's arrived a few days ago and there are a pair of Ultra PC's due to arrive soon. Presently the cables won't be introduced into my system for other week as the cables are spending a week on Leif's cable cooker at VSA.

Suffice it to say I can't wait to gradually introduce each cable into my system with the icing on the cake to be the pair of Ultra PC's for my amps.

Give me a few weeks before I post any further thoughts on this cable

As I told Leif I had sworn to myself that I would never go down the cable path again however these MB Cables are so perfect in every way that they made my system perform at a level that I never knew to be possible. Stay tuned

IMG_5077.JPG

Congrats Steve. Just when you thought you finished the journey something always pull you back in :)

Congrats Steve. Just when you thought you finished the journey something always pull you back in :)

Thanks Joshua

And this comes from a guy who promised himself he would never go down the cable path again. Suffice it to say that IMHO these MB Ultra cables will truly rock one's beliefs as they are the best cables I have personally ever heard

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing