Does a Lumin APP for a PC running Windows 11 exist?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have a Lumin X1.
I am presently using a tablet to operate the Lumin. But my eyesight is not what it used to be.
I would like to use my PC with its 17" screen, but I can't seem to find an Lumin App that will work on my PC.
Does one exist?

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, without a reply, should I assume that the Lumin player cannot be used with a PC running windows 11?

ozzy

FDPDK

May 15, 2021
Denmark
Hi ozzy , i did a quick search on google and found this
i hope it will work for you.
Flemming

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you FDPDK, I just tried it, but that too doesn't work.

ozzy

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
This might be an option for you, but it’s not Windows.

Apparently the Apple M1 (and perhaps M2 as well - I just don't know) products can natively run iphone and ipad (iOS) apps. Theoretically you could get a MacMini or Macbook Air, plug in your choice of monitor and keyboard, and use the iOS Lumin app.

I have not seen this personally and don't know how it looks, but you might want to research it.

If you use an iphone, there are some really nice benefits of using a Mac rather than Windows.

Last edited:

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I sent an email today; I hope they respond. My vision is not too good with small print, so I need a much larger screen.

ozzy

Reactions: FDPDK

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I don't think it will work with a PC, thus my questions. Looks like it will work with Mac, Androids but no PC.

I sent a message to Lumin and got a strange reply that I don't understand. Either my question was deemed not important or confusing.

I think it is a straight question.
Can a PC running Windows 11 download the Lumin app?
Not using some other Frankenstein method to maybe get it to function.

ozzy

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
According to this link, M1 and M2 Macs (Mini, MacAir, etc) can run *supported* iPad and iPhone apps.

You might want to see if Lumin can confirm their iPad app will run on a M1 or M2 (Apple silicon) Mac. I think I have an M1 Mini lying around somewhere, so if you can't get a straight answer let me know and I'll try connecting that to my monitor and keyboard to see if the Lumin app installs and launches properly.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Still? Unable to work on a PC?

ozzy
I do not think they have an app for Windows. The link above was a tricky way to perhaps emulate the Android version, but I would avoid that as some of those links connect to malware.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Tuckers,

Thanks for that post. Yes, I agree.
I just Lumin would respond.

ozzy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing