Does the Audiophile Community Have a Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
may be 30 -70 , 30 percent horns versus cones / planar transducers
Please don't mix my planar half with the cone-domes :eek:
I would rather have my planar half counted in with the horn dudes or if that is not possible, I would like my planar half to be an independent group ;)
I feel myself misplaced in the cone-domes corner :p

Last edited:
I have wanted to comment a few times, but every time I realize this thread is one of the most politically charged I have seen on an audio forum. The Author, W Jennings obviously has a bias. He speaks with a polished tongue while injecting rancorous dialogue. There is nothing good about this thread. If anyone were to truely express the depth of Jennings content, your site would divide.

I wouod suggest delete the thread or close it.

Reactions: K3RMIT
Please don't mix my planar half with the cone-domes :eek:
I would rather have my planar half counted in with the horn dudes or if that is not possible, I would like my planar half to be an independend group ;)
I feel myself misplaced in the cone-domes corner :p
No problem you can have your own planar group .

Me myself is in the victim group thats the" lowest of the lowest" and consists of people who due to financial issues are forced to listen to crappy cone speakers
They want to move up the ladder but simply are unable to :(

Me myself is in the victim group thats the" lowest of the lowest" and consists of people who due to financial issues are forced to listen to crappy cone speakers
The victim group is the worst IMHO
There are more than enough excellent used speakers for modest money.
And the term "crappy cone speakers" comes from you ;)

Last edited:
The victim group it the worst IMHO
And the term "crappy cone speakers" comes from you ;)
I meant this sarcastic christoph , come on . ;)
I can buy a pair of XVX s monday when the shop is open , johnny cash .
Money aint a problem.

I can also most certainly buy the best low powered flee amp / DIY horn possible if it floated my boat , but it doesnt

Last edited:
Absolutely if i wanted to buy a pair , id be a Magico V3 and if i want to spend a bit more i d be Wilson Alexandria / Maxx 3/ alexx, Kharma exquisite
Horns / planar speakers dont even come to my mind regardless of $$
Im in the cone camp , and i made what i personally like .

Last edited:
I have wanted to comment a few times, but every time I realize this thread is one of the most politically charged I have seen on an audio forum. The Author, W Jennings obviously has a bias. He speaks with a polished tongue while injecting rancorous dialogue. There is nothing good about this thread. If anyone were to truely express the depth of Jennings content, your site would divide.

Nah, you're being overly dramatic. I think the thread is chugging along just fine, certainly by WBF standards, and by more broad internet standards.

Since there are practically no women on forum boards, how is it that so many women have been abused and mocked for their hifi choices to demonstrate that so many men are audiophiles second, and sexist pigs first?
The article this whole thread is based on is pure fantasy/clickbait.
There was no Golden Age when women more generally took part in this hobby, so none have been driven out by our supposed locker room banter.
Women have better things to do w music than partake in this aspect of the hobby. Like dance to it, enjoy it on the radio driving the kids to school and shopping, whilst reading/cooking.
They're doing all these things so that men have the free time to...tube roll, try fuses, demo cables, replace the Pacific w Horizon sound unheard, and yes, partake on WBF.

Last edited:
Absolutely if i wanted to buy a pair , id be a Magico V3 and if i want to spend a bit more i d be Wilson Alexandria / Maxx 3/ alexx
Horns / planar speakers dont even come to my mind regardless of $$
Im in the cone camp , and i made what i personally like .

Andro, You express your preference with fervor. I appreciate your use of the term camp rather than cult. Audio is a big tent.

Amdro, You express your preference with fervor. I appreciate your use of the term camp rather than cult. Audio is a big tent.
No i m not sure peter , if i can refrain from that , as its my opinion
People can call my speakers total crap and i dont get offended .
In the end its only me thats the victim here lol ,as i have to listen to this " crap."
Im certainly not saying cones are " IT"

Reactions: PeterA

Ron said no politics period hahaha. if we examine even a tiny bit of most posts it’s a blend of politics and buy my stuff I’m the politically correct company.

Andro, You express your preference with fervor. I appreciate your use of the term camp rather than cult. Audio is a big tent.
"Camp", "Tent"...I'm getting it...

• Haha
Reactions: the sound of Tao

Money is not the hobby it’s sound reproduction that please us. it’s all the rest that gets said to make some feel less is not good.

We are all just walking out in the woods trying to find the right path back to our preferred cult.
Are those the snow-covered woods, Peter? Lol.
All I can say is it's very easy to get lost in the woods, whereas our women are safe at home, opening another bottle of wine, enjoying music for what it is.

Reactions: ddk and PeterA
Sure Peter. Of course some of us are stuck there, suffering hypothermia. And some have found the Blair Witch.

Yep, some guys have a life Lol.
Oh I have a life alright and it is HUGELY enriched by sweet sweet music, not by spending inordinate time on endless forums discussing minutiae on my latest ‘gear’ and detailing every nuance of the changes. If after years of research you STILL haven’t got a sound you’re happy with then maybe put doing the horribly corrupted hifi magazine you’re pouring over and find someone who knows how to put a music system together, and ask them to be your guru. Dealers are an option but be very very cautious. They often have zero idea what a hihat actually sounds like.

I’m sorry Ron i think this article is the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever read. The audiophile hobby is about GEAR as much as it’s about music. Please name one hobby that women are into that’s about gear. I can name more than a few gear based hobbies that are male oriented: motorcycles, cars, fishing, guitars, watches, bicycles, etc.

I can’t think of one primarily female hobby that is about GEAR.

This is more woke crap that ignores the biological gender differences between men and women.
no problem, I'll name one ............. cooking, tons of 'gear' involved !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing