Doubtful about cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiohobby

Jun 19, 2012
As an audiophile I am always looking to improve my system and I have considered spending a lot of money on cables (mainly interconnects) however I am very dubious about all the cable reviews. Quite frankly I feel that there is no difference and that it's just a piece of wire which carries the voltage and current and no measurable differences exist. I've also tried to hear the difference between cables but in the end I just can't hear any. Yet I am still curious. So what evidence is there? What are your views on what I think?

As an audiophile I am always looking to improve my system and I have considered spending a lot of money on cables (mainly interconnects) however I am very dubious about all the cable reviews. Quite frankly I feel that there is no difference and that it's just a piece of wire which carries the voltage and current and no measurable differences exist. I've also tried to hear the difference between cables but in the end I just can't hear any. Yet I am still curious. So what evidence is there? What are your views on what I think?

How many times has this subject been brought up? It's beating an old, dead horse, no one will change their mind and it's a good troll tactic.

and how often is the word troll used thesedays? More often than is appropriate no? Every time someone posts something which is even slightly disagreeable or provocative it's trolling. Which is unfair for those that are genuine and not trolling.

and how often is the word troll used thesedays? More often than is appropriate no? Every time someone posts something which is even slightly disagreeable or provocative it's trolling. Which is unfair for those that are genuine and not trolling.

Well as they say, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. It certainly is interesting for a first post but if I'm wrong, I apologize.

It also is meaningless to talk about cables without some idea of your setup first, what cables you've tried and compared, your source material, etc.

Seems Audiobobby isn't keen on WBF in light of a recent PM he sent me. This topic has been beaten to death and in order to avoid the diatribe that a topic of this sort brings, consider the thread closed

Audiohobby, feel free to search WBF threads for similar such duscussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing