Dyson Vacuum Cleaners

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
We've used a MooSoo for a number of years. We chose it after reading reviews of many of the portable stick vacs. The reviews on the Dyson's had way too many 1's and 2's - lots of complaints. The MooSoo had almost zero complaints.

Tried the previous generation Roomba and it was close to worthless. It kept trying to go under our sofa and got stuck; we have a Golden Retriever which creates LOTS of hair (daily) which kept sending the vacuum back home having only finished a small part of it's job.

We use the MooSoo every few days (weighs about 4 pounds and love it.

One of our Sharks (we have two - upstairs and downstairs) quit and we were told by a vacuum repair gut to consider it a throw away. He also thinks ALL bagless vacuum cleaners put too much dust (he specifically said the Dyson and Shark) back into the air - and said if we want the best, get a Mele.

I did buy my wife the Dyson hair dryer and you would have thought I bought her a 4 carrot diamond ring!! She comments regularly how much she loves it!!

I found the following two charts on Consumer Reports interesting!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.40.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.40.37 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
After my third Dyson failed (poor batterie technology) I switched to the new LG. Far superior to Dyson in features, technology and most importantly fit and finish.

Just got one, $219 on Woot. Very good so far, but needs to be emptied often. It's great not having a cord but I hope the batteries last.

I have an LG front load washer and a 34" 2K 144 Hz monitor, both are excellent.

Reactions: jeff1225

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Bought a Riccar last week. Made in USA, completely serviceable, lifetime belt. 7 year warranty and 17 years of free annual checkups (with a free HEPA bag each time). They’ll even polish the scratches out of it.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We have switched to using a Sebo after the Roomba stopped working.
Dyson stick is for the quick little things that happen, so far so good.
We have a Sebo, and it is going strong after 7 years. We just got a Dyson stick after the Black & Decker lasted 5 months, and after 12 emails and so many minutes on hold on phone that it turned into hours, we got sick and tired of them just avoiding the warranty. Ridiculous.

The Dyson just arrived and happened to see this...wonder if perhaps we might think about Miele given that it is available from same department store company.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we have had 2 Dyson vacuums. Both were a POS and we dumped them for the Miele Earth. Having said that I remain convinced that the best vacuum we have ever had has been a robot. We have had 3 different ones. Presently we use a Neato D8 Connected. You can construct your own floor plan for it to clean.They can be used upstairs and I love watching it approach the top of the stair case and turn around. They have different cleaning cycles such as gentle, turbo and eco as well as spot cleaning. Mine requires 2 passes to complete vacuuming the downstairs and I love watching it return to home base to recharge so that it can finish the floor plan I created

Finally if you have a pet IMHO there is nothing as good as this Neato in turbo mode as it cleans better than our cleaning lady who uses the Miele. She does everything but if I run the Neato afterwards what it finds under chairs desks, beds, sofas etc is truly better than any vacuum I have ever owned

We have owned the D5 and D6 and now the D8

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing