Entreq Tellus grounding

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Was under the impression that Infinity cables released , were only the Eartha variety and not the signal cables .

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
+1.

I have 8 Infinity series cables incoming.....a week or two away.

and btw; eating is overrated.;)

Thank you Mike.
What Infinity cables are you getting?
I am sure you will not be disappointed with them.
I moved from a Dire Straits SACD to Radio 3 FM prior to starting to prepare a meal and caught a live interview prior to a piano performance and the voices were simply uncannily realistic.
Not sure I agree that food is overrated when I'm feeling as hungry as I do.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Was under the impression that Infinity cables released , were only the Eartha variety and not the signal cables .

No signal cables as well. New connectors which can be factory changed on existing cables so very affordable and cost effective.
A real bonus for existing owners!

Mossback

Small world. Hi Edward, this is Dan from south of Seattle hope to visit you again soon. :cool:
June 2016 I met Tony C in Vancouver and bought a used Silver Tellus and Atlantis from him. Edward I think you know him. Tony is a great guy with amazing gear but more than that he is very knowledgeable to do with Entreq he was the one who showed me the Nordust V2 cable mod. WOW great sound. When I first saw all the cables it took me back. I have to say the BC group know what they are talking about.
Any of our group visiting south of Seattle I would be pleased to host a listening to my modest setup.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Small world. Hi Edward, this is Dan from south of Seattle hope to visit you again soon. :cool:
June 2016 I met Tony C in Vancouver and bought a used Silver Tellus and Atlantis from him. Edward I think you know him. Tony is a great guy with amazing gear but more than that he is very knowledgeable to do with Entreq he was the one who showed me the Nordust V2 cable mod. WOW great sound. When I first saw all the cables it took me back. I have to say the BC group know what they are talking about.
Any of our group visiting south of Seattle I would be pleased to host a listening to my modest setup.

hello Dan, I live in North Bend, just east of Seattle.

Edward will be visiting me in North Bend in the next few weeks. you would be most welcome to join us when he visits at my room. you can PM either Edward or myself and get the information for get together.

I have some Entreq stuff too.

best regards,

Mike

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi again.
As promised some photos of the new Infinity cables IMG_0080 (2).JPG IMG_0083 (1).JPG IMG_0084.JPG
All bedding in very well and will post my considered impressions after a bit more listening but extremely happy so far.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Mike.
What Infinity cables are you getting?
I am sure you will not be disappointed with them.

I'm converting 4 cables from RCA signal cables to Infinity grounding spades; (2) 1.5 meter Eartha Atlantis and (2) Eartha Apollo. these will be used with my Studer RTR decks and King Cello.

then updating 4 more Eartha cables to Infinity level; (2) 1.5 meter Eartha Atlantis spades, and (2) 4 meter Eartha Discovery spades. these are now used grounding the negative speaker terminals and my bass tower amplifiers.

I moved from a Dire Straits SACD to Radio 3 FM prior to starting to prepare a meal and caught a live interview prior to a piano performance and the voices were simply uncannily realistic. Not sure I agree that food is overrated when I'm feeling as hungry as I do.

agree, just giving you a bad time.:D

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I'm converting 4 cables from RCA signal cables to Infinity grounding spades; (2) 1.5 meter Eartha Atlantis and (2) Eartha Apollo. these will be used with my Studer RTR decks and King Cello.

then updating 4 more Eartha cables to Infinity level; (2) 1.5 meter Eartha Atlantis spades, and (2) 4 meter Eartha Discovery spades. these are now used grounding the negative speaker terminals and my bass tower amplifiers.

.Why you not upping to the Olympus Infinity Eartha . Not that much of a stretch from the Atlantis.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Also you can specificy the Atlantis Infinity Eartha to be single pronged or forked into two as of now, as an option . Tests show not much difference . Frees up more binding space .

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

Thanks Mike
Yes that does seem a very good move and will look forward to reading the outcome once it is all up and running
Yea no offence taken on the food and taken in the spirit intended.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
.Why you not upping to the Olympus Infinity Eartha . Not that much of a stretch from the Atlantis.

well.....budget. I have smashed my piggy bank big time with my recent acquisitions. doing these upgrades was already something I had not anticipated.

Also you can specificy the Atlantis Infinity Eartha to be single pronged or forked into two as of now, as an option . Tests show not much difference . Frees up more binding space.

they will be used on the Studers and King Cello, plenty of post space. already have the Everest's. and considering the location not much else around that spot that I can use it with.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
From the Entreq website.

Eartha Infinity line.
The new link to a solid music experience.
When we worked with develop our RG 45 line we find many new details that have effect on sound quality who we have missed before
During that work we learned that the drain conductors have far more impact on the final result then we ever even could imagine before. The knowledge we get from this project we now use in our new Eartha cable line and the result are stunning.
In the production process we expose the conductors for a very high pressure. This process seems to reduce the resistance in the Eartha cables and the result is in our opinion absolutely stunning. You get far better flow and musicality. We mean that already the new Eartha Discover Infinity beat the old Eartha Apollo in many ways when come to musicality.
And how do the new Eartha Apollo Infinity and Atlantis Infinity perform comparing to the old line?
Well, sometimes it´s only stupid to try find the words. Especially when you, like me, not *are so familiar with the language. *
You better try yourself.
All of you who already use Eartha cables today should know that we are working on a solution that will make it possible for us to offer all of you who use Eartha *cable a possibility to upgrade your existing Eartha cable*to the same level of the new Eartha Infinity for a reasonable price.
More info and price for upgrade will be published the nearest weeks on our web site.
2017-10-19

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Dumb question - why doesn't anyone measure EMI before buying one of these boxes. Isn't there an easy way to tell if my system has bad RF/EMI issues?

Also, has anyone measured RF/EMI pre and post insertion of the Entreq or Troy?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
There is a very easy and reliable way Keith which most Entreq/Tripoint users have employed.
You just have to listen to your system with and without.
I'm not being smart ass or, heavens forbid, trying to revive past controversies but in my experience it really is as simple as that.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Dan, Tony is my friend.
He is using Olympus Tellus now. At least 5 people have 1 Odin as ground cable, mix with V1 & V2 in Vancouver. At one point, Tony used 4 Odin ground cables. Now back to only 1 Odin.

Edmund

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
why doesn't anyone measure EMI before buying one of these boxes.
Have you ever measured EMI/RFI in your system?
If you have I would be very interested to hear how you conducted that measurement.
I made THD and other measurements in my system, but how to measure EMI/RFI in a hifi setup?

I know several guys who had more THD with a power conditioner than without (i.e. junk from their own equipment). But by methodic and sensible rearrangement of power supply, distribution, filters, earthing etc you may control or minimize disturbances.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing