Entreq Tellus grounding

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi ozzy
I was in touch with Entreq UK yesterday and I mentioned your problems.
They think Wynn Audio is the Canada/North USA US distributor but will check and get back to me, but in the meantime you may like to check that out
Barry

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks gents. I did send an email to Wynn Audio also got no reply. Perhaps due to the virus situation.
I have a Silver Tellus and I just picked up a used Atlantis RCA- spades. Should both spades go to different outputs?

ozzy

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks gents. I did send an email to Wynn Audio also got no reply. Perhaps due to the virus situation.
I have a Silver Tellus and I just picked up a used Atlantis RCA- spades. Should both spades go to different outputs?

ozzy

Well done
More than possible Wynn audio respose is delayed by current problems.
Either two to the same or separate.
The Entreq website has a guide manual which you might like to consult.
Let us know how it goes

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Barry, Thanks so much for your replies.
If the Atlantis ends can be joined together than why make separate ends? What's the point?
Also, I am finding that a 10-12 ga 9999 silver wire performs better than the Atlantis. Wonder what makes the Atlantis so expensive?

ozzy

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
You are most welcome Ozzy
I am not entirely sure re the two Atlantis ends, but I assume Per has a good reason. They don't suit all systems, but work well in mine. It is a good idea to experiment for as you have found the less expensive models do, not infrequently, perform better. System synergy remains something of a mystery.
Most of my Entreq cables are Apollos which I think are the sweet spot in the Entreq range.
I really have not found any better cables than Entreq including their i/cs, speaker cables and power cables so I can strongly recommend from years of experience.
I hope your Entreq journey goes well.

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018

ozzy
Ozzzy, Wynn Audio is the new Entreq distributor for North America and he should be very prompt to answer emails. What email address did you send your inquiries to?

BTW, the whole new Infinity line of ground cables are amazing, much better than the original model.

Happy listening.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Barry, I placed my enquiry on the Contact Us portion on the website.
ozzy

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
I believe you were at the wrong web site. The correct site for the Entreq North America distributor is wynnaudio.com in Canada.

The one you were at is wynnaudiousa.com in the USA, which is for something else.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks I believe your right. so there are no Dealers in the USA?

ozzy

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Exilibris
I am assuming you are referring to cables other than the Entreq grounding cables for whcih I am not aware of any obvious alternatives.
My experience of other manufacturers cables is very limited but other Entreq users may be able to be of more help. The entry level Entreq product is the Discovery range. I have not tried it but I have had a number of good reports about it so that would be my starting point. The only other ones I have tried were the higher end Tellurium cables which have a good synergy with Entreq cables and are pretty widely available used here in the UK at reasonable prices. I found them brighter sounding than Entreq cables.initially attractive but to my ears less musical than the Entreq cables, but that may be down to my personal taste.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful and like you I will be interested to read the experience of other Entreq users.

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
Hi Exilibris
I am assuming you are referring to cables other than the Entreq grounding cables for whcih I am not aware of any obvious alternatives.
My experience of other manufacturers cables is very limited but other Entreq users may be able to be of more help. The entry level Entreq product is the Discovery range. I have not tried it but I have had a number of good reports about it so that would be my starting point. The only other ones I have tried were the higher end Tellurium cables which have a good synergy with Entreq cables and are pretty widely available used here in the UK at reasonable prices. I found them brighter sounding than Entreq cables.initially attractive but to my ears less musical than the Entreq cables, but that may be down to my personal taste.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful and like you I will be interested to read the experience of other Entreq users.
That's correct. I bought the Entreq cables with the Silver Tellus. I later upgraded 4 cables but I'm in the market for a few more. I'm just wondering if there is something better than the Entreq cables for less money.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
As I have stated previously, using high quality solid silver wire 12 gauge 9999 with a TPFE jacket exceeds the performance of the Atlantis cable. Total cost about $100.

ozzy

Reactions: Exlibris

cedboe

May 27, 2019
Hi Entreq fans !

I need to simplify my system so I'll be selling all my entreq gear (Olympus Tellus, Konstantin Infinity speaker cables to name a few). Send me a pm if you are looking for something !

Thanks and take care with the covid !

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Correction:
I meant to say that using 18 ga pure solid silver wire in a teflon jacket is better than the Atlantis cable. IMHO.

ozzy

Reactions: Exlibris

cedboe

May 27, 2019
After switching to other cables I couldn't listen without getting tense...so I'll keep my entreq cables, even if it complicates cabling quite a lot ! Really love these cables !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing