Attachments

• D1AEA8A0-B7BC-4617-B0CF-453A0A9EADA9.jpeg
    D1AEA8A0-B7BC-4617-B0CF-453A0A9EADA9.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 43

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I will comment on what has been my experience with, Entreq.
I have owned Silver Tellus, Silver Minimus, Poseidon, Olympus Minimus and Olympus Infinity boxes and Eartha Apollo Infinity, Olympus Infinity cables and borrowed for evaluation, Atlantis Infinity.
The terminations of the cables have been: RCA, female XLR, USB, Spades, RJ45 and Schuko.
In my System, and this is important because maybe in other systems things may be different, they have not worked for me: the cables with RJ45 connector to Router or Switch, the connections with Spade connector to the chassis screws of the LPS that feed My Router or Switch and I even ended up removing the connections to the negative terminals of the amplifier. In all these cases there was always a feeling of initial improvement with greater resolution, but in the medium term I realized that the sound was tiring and that was unacceptable. My current configuration consists of 4 boxes (3 Olimpus Infinity and 1 Poseidon) 8 Eartha Olympus Infinity cables and 8 Everest. Each box is dedicated to a device with two cables: 2 XLR female to the analog outputs of the DAC, 2 USB to ports of the Server, 2 RCA to analog inputs of the Pre Amplifier and 2 RCA to analog inputs of the DAC.
My conclusion regarding these Entreq products are the following:
The Silver Tellus and Minimus, Poseidon and Olympus Minimus (1/3 of Poseidon) boxes play in the same league, but of course they are not in the same position in the classification. Poseidon is much better than Silver Tellus. Olympus Infinity is on a different level, in fact my next step will be to change Poseidon for Olympus Infinity.
The same can be applied to cables until reaching Atlantis with respect to Olympus Infinity.
Although the Olympus Infinity box has two terminals, never mix two devices, if you want to use the two terminals use two cables to the same device, it improves the sound even more.
I think that with the Olympus Infinity models, Entreq has started a new way that produces a really impressive sound.

Last edited:

Ricardo007

Nov 13, 2015
Nos ancêtres les Gaullois
AC cleaning with Entreq.
In the 2014 Audiobeat article of Roy Gregory there is mention of using a silver tellus connected to the grounding post of a Nordost qb8 powerstrip.
Since then Entreq introduced the cleanus and silver cleanus, which can be optionally connected to a grounding box like tellus or silver tellus with a SS eartha cable for further results.
Does anybody can report on these 3 various ways to treat AC current?

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
AC cleaning with Entreq.
In the 2014 Audiobeat article of Roy Gregory there is mention of using a silver tellus connected to the grounding post of a Nordost qb8 powerstrip.
Since then Entreq introduced the cleanus and silver cleanus, which can be optionally connected to a grounding box like tellus or silver tellus with a SS eartha cable for further results.
Hi Ricardo 007
All I can tell is the way I treat my AC ground. I currently have an original Silver Tellus (all connection points are common, unlike latest version) boosted by an Atlantis Tellus. All connection points are further enhanced by the fitting of Everest's. This is connected to the Furutech wall plate via an Apollo Infinity Earth cable. The reason behind using the Silver Tellus instead of Silver Cleanus or similar was because I already had the Silver Tellus and didn't want to lose money on selling it. I then had the chance of adding a Atlantis Tellus at a later date. I'm sure a Cleanus will be very similar. In my system it has made one of the most significant upgrades of any Entreq items. Don't think I could live without Entreq in my system.

Reactions: Jazzhead

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
AC cleaning with Entreq.
Hi Ricardo 007
All I can tell is the way I treat my AC ground. [...]
Same here. I have an Audio Sensibility distribution box's grouding post connected to Silver Tellus via an Ocellia grounding cable. The Silver Tellus is only carrying 2 Everest knobs now. No booster box either. An Atlantis Tellus won't work here because it will block the infrared remote control signal to my DAC. Will likely get an Atlantis Minimus and the remaining 2 Everest down the road if opportunity arises. The distribution box is connected to a Furutech stack on the wall via an Ocellia power cable. The power amps bypass the distribution box and go directly to the Furutech stack via a twin headed Ocellia power cable. Both plugs connecting to the Furutech stack are clamped together and supported by a Furutech NCF booster. For filtering, there is an Audio Prism LF-1 Mk III parallel filter on one of the sockets in the distribution box. There is an Ocellia filter in series with the DAC and nothing else. A Blue Circle Yellow Banana surge suppressor is plugged into the distribution box when the system is not in use. Nothing other than incandescent light is allowed on the same power circuit as the system. TV and Bluray player have their own surge suppressoing powerbar but the whole thing is on a separate power circuit, with the Bluray box sending audio to the main system via a glass Toslink cable. I don't listen to TV through the main system that all much but I do have a cheap driver and power tubes for such occasion just in case.

The stuff works. I'm afraid that's all the reporting I have :)

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
I live out in the country, all newer underground wire, my own dedicated transformer for our house, etc,, so I thought trying an ENTREQ couldn't help much. I bought a used Olympus Minimus and plugged it to the outside barrel of my Audio Research Anniversary 40 and wow, just wow! Good, bad, thick, thin, huge soundstage for a full 48 hours. That gave me time to read about these things. I am absolutely shocked at the level of improvement at this point. I'll be buying another for my phono stage.

Yeh it is kind of addictive? Every time you add another box it just improves more and more.

Reactions: Jazzhead

fayerichard

Dec 7, 2019
Hi Dan, Tony is my friend.
He is using Olympus Tellus now. At least 5 people have 1 Odin as ground cable, mix with V1 & V2 in Vancouver. At one point, Tony used 4 Odin ground cables. Now back to only 1 Odin.

Edmund
How do you get these Nordost grounding cables? Nordost does not sell/ produce it themselves?

fayerichard

Dec 7, 2019
They were taking odin power cords and modifying them with spades and other connectors, I believe.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the original poster or anyone with this kind of experience can comment on the sound quality of these diy methods vs purposely built grounding cables from Entreq. Given that Nordost and especially Odin cables (2000usd) are expensive, versus grounding cables from Entreq (under 1000usd). Is it worthwile?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
You can try the new Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity cables. The change with the Apollo Infinity is amazing.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
My last and I hope that final, purchase of Entreq.
My system is left with 4 Olympus Infinity boxes, with two Olympus Infinity cables to each of the 4 devices and 2 Entreq Everest for each box.
83879601-B906-436C-99F5-0CFFF625D84C.jpeg By the way, 2 Eartha Apollo Infinity cables have been available. One has RCA termination and the other with USB. If someone is interested in buying them at 50% of the fare price, PM to me.

Redphu

Sep 24, 2018
I just solved a nasty ground loop with a furman ref20 and happen to have the Challenger Powerus on hand. Anyone one know if theres a benefit adding it to the chain?

shapo

Jul 5, 2018
90399162_3162758380403103_1005107782753452032_n.jpg

Entreq is coming out with a Network switch! I wonder how it would compare to the current offerings

Attachments

• 89962805_3162758430403098_2242657125392187392_n.jpg
    89962805_3162758430403098_2242657125392187392_n.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
Just a short update on Entreq customer service.

I've sent back most of my power cords back to Sweden for shorten to 110cm length as standard length was too much in my system and I had problems with cable dressing. On the way to Sweden DHL passed my parcel to local carrier and it got lost. During this hard time with Covid PO found time to look after my parcel and supported more than it's his job - finally it got lost at local post office.

I've got all my cables back after just a few days and toke the chance to upgrade and attach Infinity tubes on my non-infinity Challenger level power cables. Unbelievable what happend - everything is just so much more transparent and 3d - never thought it will change so dramatically with just adding tubes on it and be ablet to have a much neater cable dressing.
On my Brinkmann Spyder desk I replaced the standard Grounding cable with an Entreq Infinity Apollo eartha cable connected just to a very basic diskon Grounding box - shared the port with Lumin U1 Mini that is also grounded - it offers such a more black background now when listening music.

Finally I would like to thank to PO for his Special effort - Entreq offered me best customer service I've ever had and was best decision to go full Entreq loom! In times of Covid I enjoy every minute listening for hours to my system without getting bored - it makes me happy every day and was worth every pence so far!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
He corroborated what Maragoo says. When I had Eartha Apollo cables, I sent them all to Entreq for upgrade to Infinity. They were also lost in Sweden. Although I was 15 days without news of them, P.O finally managed to locate them.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have sent many emails to Entreq for information and have NEVER received a reply. I live in the USA.

ozzy

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have sent many emails to Entreq for information and have NEVER received a reply. I live in the USA.

ozzy

Sorry to hear that ozzy.
Not my experience
I am not sure if Entreq got a new distrbutor in the US after Stillpoints relinquished it but their website should have that info.
It might be worth approaching a dealer or distributor in Europe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing