Experiment: Sound with or without speaker cabinet

Randy Fucce

May 26, 2023
Guangzhou China
www.ausman-audio.com
I think many people may have already done this experiment.

It is to test the sound difference between the speakers with and without the speaker cabinet.
When we take the driver unit out of the speaker casing, we can clearly feel that the low-frequency effect disappears instantly.

Therefore, the function of the speaker cabinet is still very important. The box material tested is PP plastic.

Randy Fucce

May 26, 2023
Guangzhou China
www.ausman-audio.com
Sure. Is there something to be learned here?
I think many people don't know the role of speaker cabinets, and this is indeed the case in reality.
Different materials sound different, for example, solid wood/MDF/Plastic PP and ABS.
This experiment can display the results clearly without requiring much explanation.

Of course, we also conduct many small experiments, such as the impact of speaker volume and board thickness on sound.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I’m not sure if his complete intentions but anyone who has made a complete diy speaker must do this
it shows by ear peaks or harshness
Anyone agree on this alone ?

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
I’m not sure if his complete intentions but anyone who has made a complete diy speaker must do this
it shows by ear peaks or harshness
Anyone agree on this alone ?

I build DIY. The only reason I run a woofer out of the box is to look at Fs and get impedance curves. How it sounds???? Why it won't be used that way and any upper range peeks that you may hear should be well above the crossover or be suppressed with a notch or steep slopes.

Rob :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing