Eye Candy

Yes pride of ownership counts! ;)

-----Doesn't make the music sound better though. ;)

Pride of good deeds for the world is much more precious (rings right) than pride of possessing nice looking material things. :b

Last edited:
IMG_0834.jpgIMG_0835.jpgIMG_0836.jpg

Listened to this system last night and the sound was glorious. Speakers were Grand Slamm Series III.

That certainly is a looker. I see one in Christian's future! :)

I can but dream and drool and have to console myself with this old tart I built 21 years ago.

Mr Bojangles

Attachments

• IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 926
She's a beaut!

Thanks Myles. I am steaming up courage to fit an ET2 arm there soon. I'm not sure if this will be a good match though.

Regards

Mr Bojangles

The Statement you say ? Lol. I'm happy with my junior statement....better footprint too.

Own up to it Christian! There's no room left. It's the table or you in the room :)

Agreed. Mr. B- you said you built it, what's the plinth? And what's the badge on it?
Well done.

Thanks for the kind interest, whart. 5 x 10mm sheets of layered acrylic, bolted down with 4 replicated stainless steel Garrard-style bolts and nuts. It's heavy, weighing in at 27kg. Each suspension leg features butyl rubber pads above and below each corner. The legs are further isolated by butyl tube, through which longer, 8mm stainless threaded rod runs, attaching each leg to the plinth corners.

Inside the plinth, there's a clean ac power supply providing power to the turntable, as well as to the strobelight on the left, for the lit mono button on the plinth's top right and mono switching (by solenoid and reed switch) also located inside the plinth.

Switch gear for these accessories are attached to the 301's chassis underside by double sided tape and the deck can be restored to stock without leaving any marks.

I applied the badging at the time I made the plinth with the intention to eventually supply plinth kits. I received good feedback and expressions of interest but got too busy with other projects. So the deck as shown remains a 'one off'.

Regards

Mr Bojangles

My TW Acustic Raven AC with TW Acustic Raven 10.5 tonearm and Ortofon PW. It is my most current setup, since I have sold my Breuer 8C MKII and Allaerts.View attachment 5286

I'm still waiting patiently to buy that clamp off you ;) , I saw some pics on Agon of your new set-up. Looking sharp, I need to take a drive and have a listen once your speakers are broken-in.

Hi David

I would have thought you would have a clamp by now. Thanks for the compliment. We need to see a picture of your rig here now.
You are welcome to visit, maybe you can bring some of those other TO guys down with you.
I will be up your way for the TAVES show.

Hi David

I would have thought you would have a clamp by now. Thanks for the compliment. We need to see a picture of your rig here now.
You are welcome to visit, maybe you can bring some of those other TO guys down with you.
I will be up your way for the TAVES show.

Actually already is posted but there have been some changes, http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?5895-My-VAC-journey

No but I've been waiting for you to sell yours to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing