Furutech project V1

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Update. I changed the position of the V1. Now, as adviced by an excellent dealer, I put the V1 between the wall ncf and the pure power 6 NCF. From the pure power one Nanoflux NCF goes to my Nagra CD player, and one to my Humboldt. This cable is not an evolution: it is a revolution. Its unequaled transparancy combined with pure musicality puts it on top of the hill. Have I heard everything there is? No. Have I ever been more involved in music? NO. For me this is what the Horizon probably is to Steve, the Wadax is to Mike. I read their enthusiastic reports with great joy.
Thank you Furutech for this wonder of a cable! More to come...

rpk

Aug 30, 2020
Germany
Update. I changed the position of the V1. Now, as adviced by an excellent dealer, I put the V1 between the wall ncf and the pure power 6 NCF. From the pure power one Nanoflux NCF goes to my Nagra CD player, and one to my Humboldt. This cable is not an evolution: it is a revolution. Its unequaled transparancy combined with pure musicality puts it on top of the hill. Have I heard everything there is? No. Have I ever been more involved in music? NO. For me this is what the Horizon probably is to Steve, the Wadax is to Mike. I read their enthusiastic reports with great joy.
Thank you Furutech for this wonder of a cable! More to come...
There is now a second V-1 missing from the pure power 6 NCF to the Nagra CD player...... Best regards Rainer

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Furutech uses GC 303 EMI absorbing coating even in its low priced e-TP60 power distributor.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010

:p

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I have NEVER heard such an organic resolution from a power cable before. Forget "power cable", I mean ANY cable. Key words: 3D, truth in sound, emotionally addictive. If you test one, you will buy one. Will report in a month or so; cable is still breaking in. BTW, if you want one, look for it NOW because it is said they are extremely limited edition.
Have you listened to Hemingway's top cables? Echole's? Fono Acustica's?

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I think I have NOT heard 95% of the cables. It is all about the cables I have heard at home and their impact. The V1s do it for me in a BIG, BIG way :)

Reactions: SOS

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I think I have NOT heard 95% of the cables. It is all about the cables I have heard at home and their impact. The V1s do it for me in a BIG, BIG way :)
That's great, and they are cheaper than the three I mentioned, which based on my listening set the standard for "organic resolution". I have Echole and Hemingway PC's in my system.

Reactions: nirodha

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The 303 material does work really well, their new NCF power distributors are amazing imo.

To me, it seems like the biggest difference is the use of silver plated wire, this makes a massive difference in overall sound quality. The combination of copper and stranding of the wire sounds exactly like the current cable except for the silver plating on the UPOCC strands and 10g vs 11g. It sounds like you'll still get a dark character of sound which I think is a result of the carbon used in the sheathing, but in the current cables it adds a particular character, a "bloom" to the upper midrange which keeps it from being as neutral as I'd like. In general you'll get a sound that tends towards warm and dark with the top end Furutech PC and SC. This works great for a lot of modern systems using big SS amps and hard-coned drivers but they're not the last word on neutrality or clarity, they are fairly colored but they do maintain enough resolution to achieve a satisfying result. I seriously doubt their new cables will be anywhere close to a pure UPOCC silver cable in terms of overall clarity, neutrality and resolution though.

The new plugs will also make a big difference I'm sure, AC power plugs make a huge difference in general and the previous FI-50 NCF are in a league of their own imo, it will be interesting to see how the new plugs compare but I'm not sure when they will be available. Furutech USA has had no info to share except it might be a while, and this makes sense as I'd bet Furutech will like to keep them exclusive to their new cable for a period of time before they are released as the successor to the current FI-50 NCF plug.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Well I've ordered this Project V1 cord, before there are no more left. I'll be using it to go from the wall (Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets on dedicated line) into a S.I.N. Audio PSD-10 Anniversary conditioner that I just received. This is the 3rd PSD (power split device) unit and each one has performed better than the previous ones. (see attached pics). Should have the cord here in hopefully a week. Will report back after some burn-in.

(Dealer disclaimer) FB_IMG_1652177065132.jpg 20220511_112412.jpg FB_IMG_1652177072200.jpg

Reactions: nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
The 303 material does work really well, their new NCF power distributors are amazing imo.

To me, it seems like the biggest difference is the use of silver plated wire, this makes a massive difference in overall sound quality. The combination of copper and stranding of the wire sounds exactly like the current cable except for the silver plating on the UPOCC strands and 10g vs 11g. It sounds like you'll still get a dark character of sound which I think is a result of the carbon used in the sheathing, but in the current cables it adds a particular character, a "bloom" to the upper midrange which keeps it from being as neutral as I'd like. In general you'll get a sound that tends towards warm and dark with the top end Furutech PC and SC. This works great for a lot of modern systems using big SS amps and hard-coned drivers but they're not the last word on neutrality or clarity, they are fairly colored but they do maintain enough resolution to achieve a satisfying result. I seriously doubt their new cables will be anywhere close to a pure UPOCC silver cable in terms of overall clarity, neutrality and resolution though.

The new plugs will also make a big difference I'm sure, AC power plugs make a huge difference in general and the previous FI-50 NCF are in a league of their own imo, it will be interesting to see how the new plugs compare but I'm not sure when they will be available. Furutech USA has had no info to share except it might be a while, and this makes sense as I'd bet Furutech will like to keep them exclusive to their new cable for a period of time before they are released as the successor to the current FI-50 NCF plug.
How long have you had the V1 in your set?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
My VI arrives today, should take about 150-200 hrs to break-in then I'll report my thoughts.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Just arrived....the box weighed 22 pounds! Yes 22# just for an ac cord. Huge box, with wooden box inside double cardboard box, very nicely packed.

Attachments

• 20220520_124420.jpg
    20220520_124420.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220520_124830.jpg
    20220520_124830.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220520_124903.jpg
    20220520_124903.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220520_125159.jpg
    20220520_125159.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220520_125300.jpg
    20220520_125300.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
How long have you had the V1 in your set?

I thought my wording made it obvious that I don't have one yet, my comments are all about the changes in design and how they'll likely affect the sound vs the previous model. I'll be demo'ing the cable when Furutech USA can get it to me, but the chances I'll carry it are very slim. Furutech's top end cables tend towards warm and dark, but also maintain fair resolution, ZenWave is all about neutrality. I used to carry the DPS-4 as my warmer PC option, but it's been replaced by the ZenWave PCR copper ribbon power cable, which is warm but not as dark and overall less colored, without the upper midrange bloom the DPS has. I also offer a pure UPOCC silver cable that is much clearer, much less warm and much more resolving vs Furutech DPS-4 or previous Nanoflux, for about half the price of the V1. I think the silver plating of the V1 will make the cable more neutral than previous offerings, but the chances it'll come anywhere close to a UPOCC silver cable in terms of clarity and resolution are slim to none. Also, silver plating can have some downsides vs pure silver, but I'd guess the cable will be warm enough it won't be obvious. The V1 is sure to offer a warmer and darker presentation though, and some folks certainly prefer that. OTOH the V1 plugs are likely to remain as the best option on the market, imo nobody comes close to the FI-50 NCF and I'm sure we'll see a ton of cable companies using them on their top end cables. Also, the new NCF distributors are excellent and priced very fairly for what they are, especially the e-TP609 NCF. You get all GTX NCF receptacles, FI-09 NCF IEC inlet, GC-303 material and a solid chassis. The only thing I could wish for is a grounding post on the chassis.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I thought my wording made it obvious that I don't have one yet…
It was a bit of a joke. Give it a listen first, then reflect on importance of neutrality after you have recovered ;).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing