Gryphon North America

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Interesting developments on the Gryphon Audio Facebook page.
More to come I’m sure.

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
interesting

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
A3D297B6-F34D-4DA3-9F00-ADC502328B4F.jpeg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
O'Hanlon did a really good job putting Gryphon on the US high-end audio map, now they have some visibility he gets shafted. I doubt it will lead to lower prices for US customers, lets hope they at least manage to set up decent service and repair facilities stateside. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jeff1225

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
O'Hanlon did a really good job putting Gryphon on the US high-end audio map, now they have some visibility he gets shafted. . . .

I adore Philip, both personally and professionally. He does a fantastic job of taking care of his clients and his dealers.

I adore Rune, both personally and professionally. I could not imagine a better person to select as CEO of Gryphon Audio NA.

I am sure this is a sensitive development on all sides.

What is your basis for the assertion that Philip got "shafted"? Have you read the relevant contract, and concluded that in your opinion, as a matter of contract law under the law of the jurisdiction under which such contract is interpreted, Gryphon has in some way breached such agreement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W and Vienna

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I adore Philip, both personally and professionally. I also adore Rune, both personally and professionally. I am sure this is a sensitive development on all sides.

What is your basis for the inflammatory suggestion that Philip got "shafted"? Have you read the relevant contract, and concluded that in your opinion, as a matter of contract law under the law of the jurisdiction under which such contract is interpreted, Gryphon has in some way breached such agreement?
I'm sure it is all perfectly legal Ron, he is still getting dumped ! I doubt he woke up one morning and decided not to represent Gryphon anymore, after all the hard work he has done for them until now. :rolleyes: I guess it is just the development of the audio business in this day and age. First the distributors die out, then the dealerships, and finally direct sales only with a little online marketing in forums and publications.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . I doubt he woke up one morning and decided not to represent Gryphon anymore, after all the hard work he has done for them until now. :rolleyes:

On this I am sure you are correct.

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
O'Hanlon did a really good job putting Gryphon on the US high-end audio map, now they have some visibility he gets shafted. I doubt it will lead to lower prices for US customers, lets hope they at least manage to set up decent service and repair facilities stateside. :rolleyes:
They should remove the distributor mark up on their products. If they do not, then it's a pure margin grab.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
On that I am sure you are correct.
I personally have no knowledge of the inner workings however the rumors and innuendos that disparage one side or the other is really sad. None of us know the facts or the numbers. you know what they say about assuming :)

Reactions: knghifi and Bobvin

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
They should remove the distributor mark up on their products. If they do not, then it's a pure margin grab.
And what are you dreaming of during the night?

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
What are you dreaming during the night?
Dreaming about how to give better value to my business partners, distributors, retailers and consumers. Cutting a business partner that grew my business out and not providing better value to my customers would not be what I'm dreaming about.

I have sweet dreams....

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
It sure doesn't look very "friendly" towards all other participants except for Gryphon themselves and for their wallet.
Cutting out the middle man who placed the brand on the map is how it looks to me at least :rolleyes:

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: christoph

Davidz

Dec 12, 2016
I know zero about the personalities or the motivation behind this change. But one fact that seems to have been left out of the discussion is that Anthony Chiarella, who appears to have a long track record in the audio business, is taking over as the US rep. Whether he is "on staff" or a contractor for Gryphon, it's a fair bet he isn't working for nothing. "Changing the middleman" may be more accurate than "cutting out the middleman," and all it implies in terms of potentially leaving Gryphon US customers in the lurch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing