Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

Strictly speaking it's not dropouts but a sudden complete disconnection . I have it occurring on my new 240. There is some discussion on the Stereoplay website about the ridiculous fact that the 240 still uses the D-Premier bottom cover , they could have managed a new board with correct inscriptions !

Strictly speaking it's not dropouts but a sudden complete disconnection . I have it occurring on my new 240. There is some discussion on the Stereoplay website about the ridiculous fact that the 240 still uses the D-Premier bottom cover , they could have managed a new board with correct inscriptions !

Do you mean that if you buy a new D240 is still says D-Premier on the bottom cover??

They say that the impending firmware and Air releases sort both dropouts and disconnects.

Do you mean that if you buy a new D240 is still says D-Premier on the bottom cover??
That's right. And so with the wrong (old) inscription for the ports - e.g. HDMI instead of USB and Ethernet. And they are using these old bottom plates for weeks now. So they do for the remote. Crazy, isn't it :-(

Hi folks! Apologies for changing the subject but has anyone out there managed to get AIR working with JRMC on a Mac? Have AIR working from iTunes but on the same Mac I get no sound when I try to play in JRMC after selecting AIR as the Core Audio output device in JRMC's tools/options. OSX 10.9/JRMC 19.0.055/AIR 2.1.

They say that the impending firmware and Air releases sort both dropouts and disconnects.

That's right. I have been testing the latest beta AIR (2.1.1 RC2) and firmware (6.0.10) in my D-Premier and aside from an issue with 192/24 all other issues seem to have been solved in my situation (Windows 8 Pro 64 bit JRiver MC19 & Foobar). They are now trying to reproduce the 192/24 issue. Next week I'll inform for an update because the last status update I got was sent to me last week.

Last edited:
I know some of you here already use a PS Audio Powerplant but two weeks ago I received my PS Audio Power Plant P3 and I couldn't have wished for better results than I got. I was really shocked (in a positive way) that the already so very good sounding D-Premier could improve this much from AC regeneration. Best of yet, the distortion of my AC was at an already low average of 1,6%. The P3 lowers it to 0,1%. Also I already had a dedicated AC circuit and above average quality power cables/AC receptables.

If you have the chance I would really recommend to try one for yourself. Macro&micro dynamics, soundstaging, ease, resolved detail, timbre, ..., all got noticably better. Especially the highs got much better. Connected together with my JL Audio Fathom F112 subwoofer and DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 DSP my systems consumes 67W average at normal listening levels so a P3 is able to provide more than enough of power (in 230V regions up to 900VA).

I know some of you here already use a PS Audio Powerplant but two weeks ago I received my PS Audio Power Plant P3 and I couldn't have wished for better results than I got. I was really shocked (in a positive way) that the already so very good sounding D-Premier could improve this much from AC regeneration. Best of yet, the distortion of my AC was at an already low average of 1,6%. The P3 lowers it to 0,1%. Also I already had a dedicated AC circuit and above average quality power cables/AC receptables.

If you have the chance I would really recommend to try one for yourself. Macroµ dynamics, soundstaging, ease, resolved detail, timbre, ..., all got noticably better. Especially the highs got much better. Connected together with my JL Audio Fathom F112 subwoofer and DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 DSP my systems consumes 67W average at normal listening levels so a P3 is able to provide more than enough of power (in 230V regions up to 900VA).

Hello Antoine, did you test P3´s "Multiwave" possibility ? Which P3 - power cable do you use ? Did you replace the 3 A fuse by a 6 or more A one ? Did you test other feet ?
best regards Jupiter

Anyone having issues after upgrading to Mavericks on Apples? I now have to start the music on the laptop, then enable the streaming function with Devialet Air, otherwise it doesn't seem to stream congruously.

Anyone having issues after upgrading to Mavericks on Apples? I now have to start the music on the laptop, then enable the streaming function with Devialet Air, otherwise it doesn't seem to stream congruously.
Yes since Mavericks and latest Itunes the interruptions are of a different nature, more like crackling or wobbling ( Devialet 500 now )

I was today at the local yearly Audioshow in Lisbon. IMHO the best sound of the show was clearly the Devialet 240 playing with the Wilson Duette II's - full bodied, detailed, dynamic and with an excellent balance all over the spectrum. The only embarrassing aspect was that the system was using a pair of Nordost Vallhalla II speaker cables - costing more than 60% of the price of the amplifier. I can not stop thinking about what would happen if the speaker cables were replaced by an entrance level more reasonably priced speaker cable.

Probably nothing ;-)

As I wrote before, we have tested cables between just a few euros and a few hundred euros a meter some months ago (Devialet D Premier with Gauder Cassiano Diamant) and we found no mentionable differences at all. In the end I went with a cable of a german manufacturer (WSS Platin Line) due to its very high flexibility (needed this 'feature' for conduid wiring about more than 6 meters each) and a very reasonable price offer for the required length.

Last edited:
I was today at the local yearly Audioshow in Lisbon. IMHO the best sound of the show was clearly the Devialet 240 playing with the Wilson Duette II's - full bodied, detailed, dynamic and with an excellent balance all over the spectrum. The only embarrassing aspect was that the system was using a pair of Nordost Vallhalla II speaker cables - costing more than 60% of the price of the amplifier. I can not stop thinking about what would happen if the speaker cables were replaced by an entrance level more reasonably priced speaker cable.

I saw a picture of that setup. Indeed ironic given that most of the products in Portugal are supplied by Absolute Sounds from London but they certainly don't do Nordost, at least in the UK.
I personally wouldn't be so sure that loudspeaker cables don't matter as the Devialet together with neutral speakers is extremely revealing , so any filtering properties of long cables should be very apparent. I use Transparent Reference but have to confess haven't tried anything else, but would like to experiment.

I've an other issue with Maverick and latest iTune version : If I set the buffer to 3000ms then I loose the last 3 seconds of the song... Not cool !
cheers
Yaduvent

Updated to all the new versions. Adjusted the tonal balance with sliders all the way to the left which seems to be producing a fuller, bigger sound. Only a few milliseconds of a drop on hi res music. I no longer have a delay when the music starts in iTunes and when I start hearing it. Before, I had a 3 second delay. Overall, quite pleased.

Any changes in sound quality - better or worse? The changelog does not mention improvements. But you´ll never know ;-)

Any changes in sound quality - better or worse? The changelog does not mention improvements. But you´ll never know ;-)

I think it sounds better, at least over AIR which is the only connection I've tried. Fuller bass and a softer more resolved treble, my system got a bit harsh up top on certain songs before this update but that seems to be gone.

I think it sounds better, at least over AIR which is the only connection I've tried. Fuller bass and a softer more resolved treble, my system got a bit harsh up top on certain songs before this update but that seems to be gone.

I agree, although I didn't have the harshness but it definitely sounds fuller on the low end with a bigger sound overall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu