Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

Yes since Mavericks and latest Itunes the interruptions are of a different nature, more like crackling or wobbling ( Devialet 500 now )

Installed the new firmwre and air. I am getting the same crackle sounds like bad radio reception. With the previous version I had only the rare connection loss but no dropout. I am still with lion osx, no mavericks. Sounds is better, basses more defined but Air is still a pain.

I wrote to Thierry about this but so far no reply.
PS Got a reply from Thierry, he recommends using Ethernet (DHCP) between Airport Express and 240. Will try that.

Last edited:
Frustrating.
I would have reverted back to the previous version as the disconnection for me were very rare and there were no drop-out during the play, if wasn't for the fact that the sound seems more balanced in this version, a bit more punchy on the basses and less harsh on the highs. At least with my speakers.
I am so looking forward to upgrade my Devialet and switch to ethernet connection, my house is all cabled and the cable for the devialet is sitting there waiting....

Well if you have the 240, ethernet connection will solve all your problems, I have the D-premier so until the update system is not available outside France I am stuck.

Last edited:
Kind of contradictory. They are promoting AIR instead of any cable solution (the best cable is no cable) and at least AIR ist the only connection with steady issues for months now. I just ordered a Mac mini for media and I guess I will put it right beneath the Devialt and connect it via a short USB cable - as their seem to be no audible differences - instead of dealing with all that AIR stuff. Maybe I give AIR a try, too - as strangely enough AIR is working in some combinations without any flaw.

another topic: Who of the "upgraders" have compared an upgraded vs a normal Devialet Premier ?
Could somebody tell here, how old is your D-Premier and how much was the discount ?
They offer me gratiously a discount of 150 Euro for full-upgrading of my Devialet (No. 339). The first customers are always the stupid ones, aren´t they ?

another topic: Who of the "upgraders" have compared an upgraded vs a normal Devialet Premier ?
Could somebody tell here, how old is your D-Premier and how much was the discount ?
They offer me gratiously a discount of 150 Euro for full-upgrading of my Devialet (No. 339). The first customers are always the stupid ones, aren´t they ?

A discount of 150 € on which price for the upgrade ? mono or dual-mono ? The discount was proposed or requested ?
Thx
Best Regards
Yaduvent

A discount of 150 € on which price for the upgrade ? mono or dual-mono ? The discount was proposed or requested ?
Thx
Best Regards
Yaduvent

I wanted to upgrade my Premier No. 339. The upgrade-list-price is 3450 E. I tried to make the whole upgrade formalities per internet. I could not see any "discount code".
After asking why, a mister Quentin Bernard from Devialet wrote "unfortunately your D-Premier is to old to get a discount, but I´ll give you one of 150 Euro. That is 4,3%
Months bfore an other guy from Devialet wrote: Dear etc. etc. because you are one of the first-time buyers, you get of course a discount.

Therefore i am interested to know how much discount they gave other customers with similar "old" D-Premiers.

best Jupiter

I wanted to upgrade my Premier No. 339. The upgrade-list-price is 3450 E. I tried to make the whole upgrade formalities per internet. I could not see any "discount code".
After asking why, a mister Quentin Bernard from Devialet wrote "unfortunately your D-Premier is to old to get a discount, but I´ll give you one of 150 Euro. That is 4,3%
Months bfore an other guy from Devialet wrote: Dear etc. etc. because you are one of the first-time buyers, you get of course a discount.

Therefore i am interested to know how much discount they gave other customers with similar "old" D-Premiers.

best Jupiter[/QUOTE

The hole point was that customers who bought thei d premier just before the change to 240 (6 months) was suposed to get a spesial deal,based on the date you purchased your d premier

I hope they stand by their words

Wrote to devialet today concerning much too high standby power consumption:
Hello!

We recognized a very high power consumption of the Devialet in standby from 8-9 watt. Thats shocking. What the hell is the Devialet doing when set to ´standby´? Can´t be a standby by definition at all. That is definitively too much. That should be done with 0,1 up to 0,3 watt at a max. Please let me know, what processes are still running or what assemblies are active and - especially - why?! Such a power consumption in standby mode is far away from beeing contemporary and all standards. Devialet should work on that issue very soon. As more as there is obviously no possibility to switch the unit completely off?!

Thank you.

Wrote to devialet today concerning much too high standby power consumption:

May be it is needed to keep good sound immediately after power-on, and it improves reliability, as it avoids thermal cycles. This is less than 80kWh per year - less than $10. IMHO, compared to cost of the unit or the environmental costs of producing it is insignificant.

One view on it. If every unit in the house would handle its standby consumption this way, you would wonder about the costs at the end of the year.

One view on it. If every unit in the house would handle its standby consumption this way, you would wonder about the costs at the end of the year.

True ... but most will only care about their key sound system. I don't care much about my second system, my radio, any video system, my computer(s), my iThings, or anything else that is mains powered. But I'd sooner my hifi sounds optimal as soon as i turn it on and if I'm wasting £10 a year as a result I'm not fussed at all.

Last edited:
No answers?
How much discount for your "old" Premiers ?

best Jupiter

Has anyone here tried streaming to the D-Premier via the ADHOC wifi link? I can't seem to nail this one, my iPad's Devialet App "sees" the D-Premier, can control the volume and sources, but the music just won't stream. I switched over to AIR 2.1 on my MacBook and got worse results, AIR won't even detect the Devialet.

I am using firmware 6.0.9 on D-Premier.

Thanks for any input.

Has anyone here tried streaming to the D-Premier via the ADHOC wifi link? I can't seem to nail this one, my iPad's Devialet App "sees" the D-Premier, can control the volume and sources, but the music just won't stream. I switched over to AIR 2.1 on my MacBook and got worse results, AIR won't even detect the Devialet.

I am using firmware 6.0.9 on D-Premier.

Thanks for any input.

Download and install Air 2.1.1 and firmware 6.0.10.

Last edited:
Download and install Air 2.1.1 and firmware 6.0.10.

Just did it. Needless to mention, it did not solve the problem. On the contrary, now my D-Premier is still visible from the iPad application, but iPad cannot adjust volume and/or switch sources. Funny enough, when I make adjustments using D-Premier remote, they show on the iPad. Other ideas?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing