Hello from the beautiful city of Lindau in Germany

manisandher

Feb 7, 2011
www.the2ndtier.com
Recently listened to Tune Audio Anima. Found it very interesting.

"Interesting" is an interesting word :).

FWIW, the Animas are my final speakers. Apart from the missing bottom octave (which I can live without), I find myself longing for nothing and totally satisfied with the sound across all genres... though classical and jazz seem to be particularly impressive.

(But they seem to be very sensitive to which amp they're being driven with.)

Mani.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li
Hi Bill,

NOS R2R DAC, USB and Coax inputs. Separate power supply for the tube output section and digital section. The latter again separated for receiver and DAC. Pricing is not finalised yet. Will be about 25k. Early adopters who order within the next month will get a significant discount. Silver and differential versions will follow

BR

Thomas

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Bill,

NOS R2R DAC, USB and Coax inputs. Separate power supply for the tube output section and digital section. The latter again separated for receiver and DAC. Pricing is not finalised yet. Will be about 25k. Early adopters who order within the next month will get a significant discount. Silver and differential versions will follow

BR

Thomas

Will you be demoing this at Munich?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
No, not yet since I have a coexhibitor who will show his digital products and we won't be competing at the show

Ah understood. Is the r2r board something you have developed bespoke for this project?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
O
Hi!

The photo was meant as a tease. I will launch this as product maybe in June when more info will be given. Until then early adopters get the chance to pre order at a price significantly below final price.

Thomas

Okay well good luck.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Wow, a DAC from you?
I would have thought that hell freezes over before you come up with a DAC :eek:
What's next, a remote control? :oops:;):D

Christoph - I think a big shootout of GG, Pacific, Kassandra, and the Mayer is in order :oops::eek:

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
That would be a very interesting comparison. Maybe Taiko can host? He has a world class server and 130db snr Audionet amps so the respective qualities of the different dacs would be easily highlighted. He also has TotalDac twelves to provide another benchmark.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That would be a very interesting comparison. Maybe Taiko can host? He has a world class server and 130db snr Audionet amps so the respective qualities of the different dacs would be easily highlighted. He also has TotalDac twelves to provide another benchmark.

To highlight the world class qualities you will have to do in different systems.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Christoph - I think a big shootout of GG, Pacific, Kassandra, and the Mayer is in order :oops::eek:
Except for Thomas Mayer, this shootout already took place in 4 acts ;)

Reactions: MJG and bonzo75

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Sounds good Mark. This should be done level matched and blinded too!!!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

If the Mayer dac comes to the UK, can shootout with the GG in UK Paul's Martin Logan system and in dctom's system (where GG excels with 242). Apart from a full Mayer system of course

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Except for Thomas Mayer, this shootout already took place in 4 acts ;)

Yeah but this should be done with rigour this time - level matched and blinded.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing