Helps with listening and speaker positioning.

arq.jp.robles

Jun 30, 2024
Sucre
I hope everyone is very well.
I am new to this world, I will soon receive a couple of CSS audio towers and I want to start accommodating my environment in the most optimal way.
I have read and seen many guides on positioning hifi speakers, but I think I have many problems with the shape of my room, in general it is square but thanks to a wall and the change of cover it somehow also becomes a rectangle and not I am clear about which would be the best wall to position the speakers and start there.
My initial idea was to use the "rectangular" shape that the room could have, but I think there are many walls missing on that axis so that it can have symmetry, if I don't sit at the height of the small wall there is and glue the speakers close to my position, all scenic sensation is lost, the problem is that if I move to the left or right, nothing being so close, I only listen to that speaker and everything is lost, I feel that if I move the seat further back, the sound is lost. It turns off too much, I'm not sure whether to start from the listening position and from there start moving the speakers until you reach something, I've already tried several options but they all sound too different and make my head dizzy worse.
In my case I can move everything where I want except the TV because it doesn't fit into another wall, maybe move the speakers to the wall where the window is?
I think that with all their experience they can help me choose an initial listening position and what would be the best wall to put the speakers so that from there I can start testing the positioning of the speakers.
As an additional note, there is a melamine wall that has a height of 1.32m where a map is hung, I put that plaque, behind that wall there is a bookcase, if necessary I can remove it and thus leave that part free.
Thanks for your time.
And sorry for the English, I'm using the translator.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 17
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.13 (1).jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 18
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.13.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 17
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-30 at 14.49.12.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 16
That's a tough looking room! Think I'd have gone with a speaker that is guaranteed to work against a front wall like Audio Note. Most floorstanders like a bit of space to give there best. Good luck, hope the new speakers work out

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu