HI End Ethernet Cables

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Even worse, as a reviewer for 3 different magazines, he could be called upon to review these cables. Then what?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I bought an Audioquest USB cable once. I was working at the store, the employee price was 5% above cost, and the mark-up on the Audioquest cable was so punitive that the drop from retail to 5% above cost was a sky dive without a parachute. It was still a little more expensive than a simply well-made USB cable, but it was sooooo pretty. It had little gold ends and everything.

And I can honestly say it didn't sound a bit worse than the black plastic USB cable that came with my external hard drive.

Tim

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I tried the Diamond in my system for 2 weeks. Couldn't tell the difference between that and the $3 cable I got from Fry's.

Did 2 recordings and they nulled to INFINITY!!

Don't waste your money!!!

Reactions: bluekris

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
The Diamond nulled to infinity. Is it any wonder then, that the reviewer linked to above only heard a difference in the much lower level cables when he gave himself enough time to talk himself into it? Give me a sighted cable comparison and a quarter; I'll give you 25 cents.

Tim

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I tried the Diamond in my system for 2 weeks. Couldn't tell the difference between that and the $3 cable I got from Fry's.

Did 2 recordings and they nulled to INFINITY!!

Don't waste your money!!!
But Bruce that was sighted not blind, so we have to ignore the fact you heard no differences :)
Just playing around but glad you posted as it is an example how sighted/cognitive bias control mechanisms are possible to reduce or eliminate biases.
To a certain degree anyway (as an example still not sure about overcoming speaker location bias preference as that seems to relate to correlation between sight-auditory cortix for location).

Cheers
Orb

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
But Bruce that was sighted not blind, so we have to ignore the fact you heard no differences :)
Just playing around but glad you posted as it is an example how sighted/cognitive bias control mechanisms are possible to reduce or eliminate biases.
To a certain degree anyway (as an example still not sure about overcoming speaker location bias preference as that seems to relate to correlation between sight-auditory cortix for location).

Cheers
Orb

Well the measurements confirmed what I was hearing

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
For sure,
but I am right in assuming you did that to validate what you heard, which was no differences and you did not know that until you listened to both.

I just wanted to emphasise your post because it is a great example how audio auditioning related cognitive bias can be overcome even sighted with a methodical mind and mental process with experience.
Cheers
Orb

rsrzr

Jun 22, 2017
I wish I would have $1 for every post on an audio website that bashes anybody that can hear a difference between cables, I'd buy a new AQ Diamond ethernet cable

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Agreed, but I would get a Shunyata cable. The funny part is the naysayers think we know everything about electronics and audio, and our current technology can measure it. However, we are just getting started in understanding electronics, and, most likely, have decades to go before we have a solid grasp on it.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
A friend tried these with great results... Entreq Primer Pro with dedicated ground box ... Retail 800$ 20191229_121214.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing