HIFISTAY Vibration Control & Accessories

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Wow great write-up Golum - I'm going to get a set for 30-day trial underneath my Wilson Benesch Resolutions and will report back

@Hamburger - did you end up trying these beneath your Cardinals?
Please do report back and I hope your findings will be among the lines of mine:)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Most interesting indeed Goran... Do they produce a model that can handle up to 170Kg load speakers ?

Shouldn't you compare with Townshend?

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Most interesting indeed Goran... Do they produce a model that can handle up to 170Kg load speakers ?
I'm more than certain they do. I can provide you with direct contact and you can check all details.

Cheers

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I think they are rated >100kg for each device, so should be good.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
After reading about many vibration control devices and solutions and kind of taking a less obvious choices I landed with HiFiStay Stella 100 Triple Swing footers. Oh boy what a great great decision from many aspects. For me when buying a product personal aspect is among the most important ones i.e. when a human being is treating you as a human being and being nice, polite, approachable etc., and Mr. Pyun and Mr. John Lim have been all of the above and beyond that. Kudos to both of them!
Product - wooow - it does look impressive already on the screen but holding them and standing in front of you and below the speakers you can feel the quality, craftmanship and super dedication towards the details. I would say each pcs weights more than 1kg - just crazy for footer I would say.
With the help of my wife we placed them under the speakers and first thing you notice is that speakers despite the weight of almost 90kg when you gently move them start to wiggle on the footers.
Now the more important part - performance - well here things get really "hot" as this one exceeded all my expectations even my wife commenting out of the blue - wow this really sounds great and different now. So in nutshell bass got clarity and definition it never had, crispy, punchy, detailed and all this opened a space for cleaner and more intimate mids and HF. System is more musical and fluid and imaging was elevated to new level. So overall I'm honestly stunned with the improvement as I did not expect something like this.
Overall - what a great job done by HiFiStay and Mr. Pyun!!
Few pictures:
View attachment 81992 View attachment 81993 View attachment 81994 View attachment 81995 View attachment 81996
I still need to place in the system “Sound Wings” and this will be part two of the this system upgrade

I have THE KISS speakers too, but I have no chance to try HiFiStay under them.:oops:

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
Wow great write-up Golum - I'm going to get a set for 30-day trial underneath my Wilson Benesch Resolutions and will report back

@Hamburger - did you end up trying these beneath your Cardinals?

No, no chance to try them under my Cardinals, as the dealer here does not have them readily for demo or loan-out. :oops:

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Please do report back and I hope your findings will be among the lines of mine:)
I received a set of Ballerino triple swings late Friday but only got to install them Sunday and a quick listening session before heading off to see Elbow perform. Another short listening session tonight, so these are only provisional observations.

I concur with pretty much all you've said Golum - these are beautifully engineered and manufactured pieces, and the service from John @ Hifistay exceptional.
I'd also agree with your feedback in terms of the benefits these bring, although I should qualify that with limited listening so far. I would characterise these as bringing a closer insight into the music - there are more micro-cues about what is going on which give a greater sense of realism, and greater instrument separation too. As such, first impressions are very positive.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I received a set of Ballerino triple swings late Friday but only got to install them Sunday and a quick listening session before heading off to see Elbow perform. Another short listening session tonight, so these are only provisional observations.

I concur with pretty much all you've said Golum - these are beautifully engineered and manufactured pieces, and the service from John @ Hifistay exceptional.
I'd also agree with your feedback in terms of the benefits these bring, although I should qualify that with limited listening so far. I would characterize these as bringing a closer insight into the music - there are more micro-cues about what is going on which give a greater sense of realism, and greater instrument separation too. As such, first impressions are very positive.
I have to say I'm really glad you enjoyed the service from John and even more glad that the footers made some positive changes in your system. Would you have any pic of speakers sitting on Ballerino? BTW which one - 88?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
They are Ballerino 88's.

Reactions: Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
No standard ones.
From the website... "In the Resolution, three 28mm steel threads, each tipped with a 12.5mm steel ball, meet with three 12.5mm steel balls, held captive inside the floor protector."

Yours are sharp spikes? Not the Kinematic coupling? That's strange.

technology-kinematic-location.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing