Hint of new Magico products

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
The Q5s is still a great speaker by all means. But the M Project is just better, on all areas. The first thing who struck me was the resolution, it almost felt like there was too much going on in the top. But after 4 hour listening at avrage 95 dbs, we still were clear in our minds and had no feeling of listening fatique. The new tweeter is electrostat/planer like in its performance and is probably the best I have heard!

Yes, I took the trip. Back and fort on the same day. My dealer here in Norway gave me a ticket, the christmas came early this year :).

Agree, a great shop and a charismatic, funny and down to earth owner. Great guy!

I really hope to hear them once. Unfortunately, Magico is not imported in the UAE, where I currently live.

Nice gesture of your dealer. But then, I guess he made a healthy profit on this sale ;-)

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
Do you have a pair already to listen too? If so what are they paired up with and how many hours on them.

The first pair are going to a lucky someone. The same will most likely happen with Pair #2. I'm a dealer so obviously the plan is to sell them, but boy do I wish I could keep a pair all to myself.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Well, as a dealer you don't pay list, so save your money and order a pair for yourself, and me. :)

Seriously though, it has been posted in the past that are 50 pair were accounted for. Is it still possible to get a pair?

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
I really hope to hear them once. Unfortunately, Magico is not imported in the UAE, where I currently live.

Nice gesture of your dealer. But then, I guess he made a healthy profit on this sale ;-)

Most likely. I do hope he makes some to, because good dealers deserve to make profit. But of course, everyone likes to be treated special and get god price on their investment :)

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
Well, as a dealer you don't pay list, so save your money and order a pair for yourself, and me. :)

Seriously though, it has been posted in the past that are 50 pair were accounted for. Is it still possible to get a pair?

Harry in Rhapsody NL has a pair which is available, as I understod.

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
You're probably right, Tommy. Let's hope you still like your electronics once you get your M's! :)

Sounds like the set up in Holland may have been lacking, although I am always suspicious of comments like “I could not fault it but somehow I was not drawn into it…” :rolleyes: Having said that, TAD electronics would not be my first choice on a speaker of this caliber.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Sounds like the set up in Holland may have been lacking, although I am always suspicious of comments like “I could not fault it but somehow I was not drawn into it…” :rolleyes: Having said that, TAD electronics would not be my first choice on a speaker of this caliber.

I wonder if there will be any M Project and Pass Labs combinations.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Sorry, Pass is not my cup of tea either. I prefer the Spectral and apparently, based on what I heard in Paris, the Soulution, by far ;)

Many Magico Q Series owners in Hong Kong pair their Magicos up with Soulution with satisfactory results but need carefully matching of cables and other components to prevent "clinicalness".

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
The first pair are going to a lucky someone. The same will most likely happen with Pair #2. I'm a dealer so obviously the plan is to sell them, but boy do I wish I could keep a pair all to myself.

What is that first persons associated gear? and what speakers are being replaced. I have interest would like to hear these speakers and why I was asking, "I recently sold my MBL's" specially being local.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Many Magico Q Series owners in Hong Kong pair their Magicos up with Soulution with satisfactory results but need carefully matching of cables and other components to prevent "clinicalness".

What cables do they typically use?

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
Soulution was never my favorite amplifier to match with Magico until I heard the latest 700 series: just fantastic. While with first Soulution generation I found the match a bit "cold" and analytical, it was not the case with the latest iteration of their amp. Very transparent, and best in class bass.
Both with Crystal and MIT cables, sounded great.

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
Has anyone heard the M-Pro in both Hilversum and Paris? It would be interesting to read a comparison between the two rooms.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Something new from Magico, scroll down and read the last paragraph.

http://soundstageglobal.com/index.p...e-listening-impressions-magico-q7-and-qsub-18

Intriguing because the suggestion is that the Q7 may soon no longer be the best sounding speaker. Magico just keeps raising the bar.

Ack started this thread when hints of the M Project were released. I was fortunate to hear the M Project the other day, not broken in yet, and it sounded fantastic. Here is what I wrote about the experience in another thread in the Magico Owner's Circle forum:

A big congratulations, Madfloyd. I remember vividly encouraging you to get these because I knew that it was likely going to be the only way that I would ever be able to hear the M Project in any setting, much less in a good friend's home system. I just never thought you would go through with it. So I jumped at the chance to help you uncrate them and watch the movers lug them into your listening room.

I agree with Madfloyd's initial impressions and will just add a few of my own. I understand that they will need 400 hours or so of break in and that the initial positioning is not yet ideal, but with those caveats, I have to say, hearing these M Projects has been sort of an epiphany for me. Today was the first time that I have heard symphonic music through a stereo system sound remotely like what I have heard at the BSO or the Vienna State Opera. The scale was huge and the sound was completely effortless and natural. Specifically, the sound was ultra coherent, seamless and tonally balanced. All I heard was the music, no system, no boundaries. Dynamics, macro, but especially micro were better than I've heard from any system, including the Q7 and Wilson XLF, both of which were in purpose built super demo rooms.

Madfloyd wrote of energy. I spent four days listening to rehearsals at the Vienna State Opera from the edge of the orchestra pit - full orchestra as well as individual solos. I also listened to cello and piano sonatas in a private living room four weeks ago. I have never heard that sense of pure energy exploding out of a speaker system before. It was startling, very realistic and yet relaxing. Absent was any sense of glare or harshness or discontinuity. Incredible detail, yet absolutely no fatigue. Very clean, smooth, detailed with vanishing levels of distortion, just music. Clean is the one adjective I would use to describe live symphonic music. This is what I heard today.

I should add that from initial impressions, the M Project is voiced to sound more tonally neutral, like the Q series rather than the slightly warmer and impactful bass of the S series. It seems to have a more extended and smoother bass than the S5. And the tweeter, which has gotten some attention, is truly extraordinary. It, too, is very smooth and extended, yet one is hardly aware of it, because it does not draw any attention to itself.

My previous two favorite speakers are the Mini 2 and the Q3. Both are extraordinarily coherent and tonally balanced with great dynamics. If set up properly, they can sound very natural and convincing, but compared to the M Project, they just sound small and medium, respectfully. The M sounds HUGE by comparison, with even more resolution. It was an experience I will not soon forget. I can't wait to hear them again after they are more broken in and positioned on their footers.

These impressions are early and based only on listening to acoustic music on vinyl. No digital, pop/rock or amplified music.
Great choice, Madfloyd. What an incredible speaker.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Something new from Magico, scroll down and read the last paragraph.

http://soundstageglobal.com/index.p...e-listening-impressions-magico-q7-and-qsub-18

My speculation is that Magico will revamp the entire Q line with the new tweeter from the M Project. This will reestablish the Q7 as their flagship speaker, already having slightly superior bass to the M Project but now with the same tweeter. Perhaps slight crossover adjustments for the new tweeter. I wonder if the outrigger feet will find their way into the Q line. They seem to add stability and easier leveling adjustability to the M Project.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing