Hissing or "White noise" problem

Ratatheim

Jan 29, 2019
Hi everyone, first i would like to apologize if my english is not very good since i'm french.

Here is my components :

Audio card : Behringer U-phoria UMC22 (I also have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4)
Monitoring headphones : Beyerdynamic DT 1770 pro
Speakers : Behringer MS40

So here's my problem. I make music on FL Studio, and until now i was using my Speakers with a virtual audio card and it was working fine. I just received my Monitoring Headphones today, so I wanted to use one of my two audio cards to plug both my speakers and monitoring headphones as i wish to do music, mixing and mastering. The speakers work just fine on both audio cards, and i don't hear any "white noise". But when i want to use my headphones, i have the hissing or "white noise" when my headphones are plugged to my speakers. I noticed several things :

- If i plug my headphones to te audio card, there is no white noise, but i don't have the same sound as if my headphones were plugged to my speakers. Meaning, I don't benefit from the "bass" and "treble" sliders (I think it's called sliders ? If you know what i mean it's the 2 "buttons" i can slide to boost or reduce bass and treble) But i want to benefit from those, since i want them to be exactly at the speaker markers for my mixing and mastering.

- The white noise is reduced or amplified when i turn down or up the "treble button" from my speakers when my headphones are plugged to my speakers.

- I checked with my two audio cards, same problems, no difference.

Can anyone help me ? I would like to use my headphones plugged to speakers to benefit from the trebel and bass buttons while completely removing the white noise.

Thanks for your time !

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Impedance mismatch?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Try another headphone. Even an earbud with a 1/4" jack adapter.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Do you use a laptop? If so unplug the charger and see if it's there. Ground loops are a big problem in small setups like this.

Ratatheim

Jan 29, 2019
I'm not on a laptop, and for the other headset, i'll try it and let you know what happened.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing