Hot Pressings

Kenny Garrett "Seeds From The Underground", Mack Avenue, 2012

[video=vimeo;39036668]http://vimeo.com/39036668[/video]

DSCN0040_zpsdff1b733.jpg

DSCN0041_zps10d08ac9.jpg

Original Dutch 'thin' pressing, Heard it at Jack's place the other day. WOW!

Vijay Iyer Trio "Accelerando", ACT, 2012

41fWPMmPiDL._SY300_.jpg

Something old, something new...

"Statements" Milt Jackson Quartet, Impulse A-14, 1962, mono

51tVlLkTpML._SY300_.jpg

With Tommy Flanagan (p), Jimmy Heath (ts) and Connie Kay (d). Great, blowing session with fantastic sonics. Ask Mike Lavigne...it doesn't sound like mono. Absolutely prodigious bass.

"Woman" Rhye, Republic Records, 2013.

61crFejHwdL._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Mike Milosh's otherworldly and closely miked vocals dominate this disc of good old 60's pop/soul/electronica. This duo has tried to create a buzz by keeping their identities mysterious and releasing their first singles over the internet without attribution.

'Open' is a great single but there is a better NSFW version on their website: http://www.rhyemusic.com/

Excellent sonics with the caveat that my first copy was noisy and had to be exchanged for a fine sounding 2nd copy.

Hadn't played this one in a while...WOW! Actually double WOW!!

duke.jpg

Attachments

• photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 183
Keb' Mo - Keb' Mo' - Pure Pleasure Records

Keb Mo - Keb Mo.JPG

I won't duplicate what I said in a few short words on the SH forums, but this darned thing rocks to high heaven! Beautiful beyond description! It has everything!

It has just rocketed into my Top 10 list of best recorded LP's in my collection. :D

61iZA9s7ifL._SX300_.jpg

David Murray "3D Family", Hat Hut, 1978

Four sides of terrific live improvisational music featuring Johnny Dyani on bass and Andrew Cyrille on drums. Fabulous sonics.

I won't need the digital reissue... Some are still sealed. I just forgot them. The announcement by Wilson Audio about the reissue reminded me that I had some hidden gems somewhere...

image_zps2f0a4ff8.jpg

Congratulations John. I'm happy you are enjoying the PP release of this album.

Dre

Keb' Mo - Keb' Mo' - Pure Pleasure Records

View attachment 11703

I won't duplicate what I said in a few short words on the SH forums, but this darned thing rocks to high heaven! Beautiful beyond description! It has everything!

It has just rocketed into my Top 10 list of best recorded LP's in my collection. :D

John-I don't know if the picture of your cartridge playing the LP is causing an optical illusion or if you have a hair on your stylus because it looks like your cantilever is bent to the left.

John-I don't know if the picture of your cartridge playing the LP is causing an optical illusion or if you have a hair on your stylus because it looks like your cantilever is bent to the left.

I noticed the hair or piece of fiber after I posted the pic and was too lazy to take it again. I did clean the stylus upon noticing it, so no worries.

I noticed the hair or piece of fiber after I posted the pic and was too lazy to take it again. I did clean the stylus upon noticing it, so no worries.

Cool. Better that it was a piece of debris clinging to your stylus than having a bent stylus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing