How do I keyword search a specific thread?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tima, maybe you should try to search for set horns instead of Wilson, might get better results

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
He's off the grid til Wednesday

There's nothing wrong with the code as best I know as I get the same results as Bonzo

I never said there was. I was hoping to learn what the expected forum response is.

Yes I get results on searching for Wilson on that thread. It is quite straightforward.

On top of the page hit the magnifying glass.

Hit that small wheel on the right so you get the drop down menu.

Put Wilson in the top text box, then select "this thread" instead of everywhere.

You should not have the member box clicked.

You need to do this after clicking on Keith's thread

View attachment 54345

One browser window open. I followed the instructions to the letter.

WBF Search 00.jpg

Here is the result:

WBF Search.jpg

The text in the white space below "Oops! We ran into some says:
The following members could not be found: Wilson.

Edit: the forum response is kinda what might be expected because the simple search input box says: 'Member' in light grey lettering.

WBF Search 2.jpg

Fwiw, the results reported here are the same as I've been reporting all along. Thank you Bonzo, Micro, astrostar for helping.

The admin may have access to logs that give information about the problem.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tima... You are entering Wilson in the member box.

You have to enter it in the top text box. If you want enter it as soon as the text box appears after you click the magnifying glass.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Well ... I guess that's my stupid. <banging head for not seeing the obvious> That works. Thank you for your patient help.

My suggestion would be for the return message not to say "Oops we have a problem." and respond about the member name. Instead say: "No search term entered."

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well ... I guess that's my stupid. <banging head for not seeing the obvious> That works. Thank you for your patient help.

My suggestion would be for the return message not to say "Oops we have a problem." and respond about the member name. Instead say: "No search term entered."

Technically you are entering a valid search. If you put in the name of an existing member, it would return his posts.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

No problem. Helping you search is easier than helping another Wilson owner search amps, one day he will also bang his head for not seeing the obvious

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
No problem. Helping you search is easier than helping another Wilson owner search amps, one day he will also bang his head for not seeing the obvious

Heh. The Crusade Persists. ;-)

Okay - what speaker made in the US and currently available do you think should replace my Alexia 2s - and that will work well with my Lamm M1.2 monos?.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heh. The Crusade Persists. ;-)

Okay - what speaker made in the US and currently available do you think should replace my Alexia 2s - and that will work well with my Lamm M1.2 monos?.

Those are still hybrids. There you are fine.

If you get to lower power SETs that will be interesting. You will have to audition some to see your balance of nuance, tone, large scale slams. For your music I have no doubt it is SETs and horns, just that there are different types.

It is like a guy new to carts saying which carts. There is more than one good one, but they have a different balance and some people can be turned off but one attribute one component has vs another.

I hope to hear lamm hybrids on three different speakers in a few months

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Lamm hybrids stay in the family character. If I changed amps, which I'm not planning to do, I'd look seriously at the 18W ML2.2.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

As far as I know this owner is now only looking for cables.

IMHO in order to be of any help in this hobby you have so share some preferences in equipment and music, or have a minimal technical expertise. Unfortunately you do not fulfill none of these conditions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing