I bought my dream speakers...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! I have yet to hear but have heard the original Alexia many times, and it is a tremendous speaker with version 2 apparently even more amazing. Enjoy and look forward to comments when you have them up and running.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes! I am super excited.

If you decide to cut the 1.7's loose let me know.
Congratulations on the upgrade!

Sure, I will let you know.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Congrats! :D

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Congratulations on the Alexia 2s. I’ve been very happy with my original Alexias and feel the 2s are better. Enjoy in good health.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congratulations. A fine speaker. Warning! Be patient when trying to turn your fantasy into reality. Give it time to catch up with your expectations. Smile.

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wilson+alexia&&view=detail&mid=46BC22BD8DBC815DDA2346BC22BD8DBC815DDA23&&FORM=VRDGAR[/video]

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Congrats Lee, a tremendous speaker that will surely serve you well....

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Congrats Lee! I was never a Wilson fan until attending local dealer's Sabrina and Alexx demos. They sounded excellent with A'gastino Momentum and VAC.

Are you planning to upgrade your amp?

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Look forward to your findings when they arrive. As mentioned earlier, give it time.

Great move and Congratulations. Happy Listening!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Congrats Lee! I was never a Wilson fan until attending local dealer's Sabrina and Alexx demos. They sounded excellent with A'gastino Momentum and VAC.

Are you planning to upgrade your amp?

Yes, I am waiting on the stereo version of the Ref 160M. But this was a big purchase so I am a year out on the amp. Maybe January.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Hi Lee,

I am happy you now have a great set of speakers to listen to. Congratulations and happy listening. Loved the pic of you and the dog on FB! ;)

Vern

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi Lee,

I am happy you now have a great set of speakers to listen to. Congratulations and happy listening. Loved the pic of you and the dog on FB! ;)

Vern

Thanks Vern! Appreciate that.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I read so many reviews criticizing Wilson speakers for being too clinical, bright, etc but every time i've heard them i've been floored by the sound and at axpona this year they were really enjoyable to listen to, in fact sunday they had to turn the equipment off to get me to leave, I guess they wanted to go home. Congrats and enjoy! they look like there built to last a lifetime.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I believe those brightness comments are stale and no longer valid, having been vanquished by Wilson’s switch to a soft dome tweeter.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I read so many reviews criticizing Wilson speakers for being too clinical, bright, etc but every time i've heard them i've been floored by the sound and at axpona this year they were really enjoyable to listen to, in fact sunday they had to turn the equipment off to get me to leave, I guess they wanted to go home. Congrats and enjoy! they look like there built to last a lifetime.

15 to 25 cents on the dollar. Sometimes extremely expensive equipment has a problem that is simple to fix. Buy on the used market and change out the tweeters. Many times extremely expensive equipment is devalued due to cosmetic damage; sometimes easy to fix to the 95% level.

zz.

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
Wilson owners and I am one of three sets are all set up. Focal tweeter is as good as it gets when done right !

I have no aversion to the new silk tweeter but find it a tad reserved. I could live with them all day as they sound REAL !

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
You will have to post a pic of that cool topaz color, when you get your new speakers set up. So we can all check it out, congrats.

I will try to do that. Topaz is rather cool as it changes throughout the day as the light changes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing