I wasn't sure adding an external server would make a difference so I tried for myself

Synaxis

Jan 3, 2024
USA
Hi Guys,

So I honestly wasn't sure why adding an external server (Antipodes Audio K41) to a very good streamer/Server (Antipodes Audio K22) could make a difference.

I understand it's more power, yada yada yada, but per the monitoring app on the K22, I was only using a small % of the CPU on the K22, so why would I need more?

But I decided to try for myself as I like to experiment with such things and try for myself / decide for myself.

All I can say is holy cow. What a difference.

I used a cheeky title on the video I recorded of my thoughts:

Perhaps you could tell us your results here? I come to this forum/webiste to spend time here, not be redirected to another site as a statistic.

Perhaps you could tell us your results here? I come to this forum/webiste to spend time here, not be redirected to another site as a statistic.

My sincerest and deepest apologies if a personal, fun video sharing love for music bothered you. That was not the intention of my sharing my passion.

Respectfully though, are you aware how this - or any forum works?

Your clicks, views, and interactions are all measured stats that are used to share with advertisers. Literally every click and page you visit, every time you hit the like button is a measured and available statistic. Nothing you do on line isn't measured and shared or available info to advertisers. You don't think WBF doesn't share some statistics with their advertisers (nothing sinister about that - it's just how things work)?

If you don't want to be a statistic, I respectfully suggest you simply stay off the internet.

Your post to me is literally a statistic on this site measured most likely as some form of user engagement.

Here are the cliff notes of the video: I liked it a lot.

I'll happily add you to my block list so as not to upset you in the future. I honestly don't care if people watch my video as I don't make money off them or any of their stats. I'm not a "reviewer" or "creator" trying to monetize anything. It's only meant as a fun creative outlet for me as someone who loves using the camera as an outlet to share my love for audio.

I know it's tough to hear tone on a forum post. It is not my intention for this to come across as rude or condescending. I'm too old and too busy to waste time getting into arguments on a forum regarding a hobby that is supposed to be fun. I'm simply pointing out the irony of the statistic comment you felt so strongly about to then become something you were trying to avoid.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
It seems a nerve was touched.
If you made the video for fun or for passion - that's perfectly fine, kudos to you. I have no issue with this. But my original comment still stands and this was not the point of my comment.
I came into this thread because I was interested based on the subject, only to realise I then had to leave WBF and go somewhere else to get YOUR answer. Therefore, why do I even need to be on WBF in the first place if all the answers to these questions are answered on Youtube? I'll tell you why - I like to read books rather than watch the movie. Understand?
I understand how the internet works, don't make uneducated assumptions about others. I come to WBF of my own volition and understand the statistics I create, contribute or become part of.
A better look would be to just post your findings in the same post and let people decide if they want to pursue a more "visual" answer to the question that you pose and jump into your video on another platform.

It seems a nerve was touched.
If you made the video for fun or for passion - that's perfectly fine, kudos to you. I have no issue with this. But my original comment still stands and this was not the point of my comment.
I came into this thread because I was interested based on the subject, only to realise I then had to leave WBF and go somewhere else to get YOUR answer. Therefore, why do I even need to be on WBF in the first place if all the answers to these questions are answered on Youtube? I'll tell you why - I like to read books rather than watch the movie. Understand?
I understand how the internet works, don't make uneducated assumptions about others. I come to WBF of my own volition and understand the statistics I create, contribute or become part of.
A better look would be to just post your findings in the same post and let people decide if they want to pursue a more "visual" answer to the question that you pose and jump into your video on another platform.

I'm very sorry that you have been triggered so bothered by my post. Thankfully with proper balance in my life, my nerves are not touched by a forum posts.

We all have choices as adults - I chose to make a video and you chose to not watch it. Thankfully it's that simple in life. I don't need to share my passion in the format you choose.

I'm about to go outside and enjoy some great Texas weather, mow the lawn, have a cold drink and just be happy. I'm not here to feed into people who need to start and feed off a forum post war. There is much more to life than that.

I do hope you have a great Saturday. Thanks agains for sharing your feelings.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing