Identification of members

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Some members prefer to be un-known and it does not mean they are fake or they are not honest or they are trying to advertise for some brands in hidden way.
I think It is about privacy and we should regard it.
I had not good feeling when two members posted here about Amir Audio (my audio distribution activity) and I think we should care about "what members think/says" "not who are they" .

I have read this forum and find what david (@ddk) says is very accurate , when I learn from David then It is not important David is active in High end industry or not. If david likes CEC transport or Lamm amplifiers then you can not say david likes those components because he is Lamm distributor and he is trying to promote Lamm.
No it is not a right way to judge David ideas.
He’s a dealer and was personal friends with the owner. All of his comments are highly biased must be judged through this lens.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Its starts with the illusion of being honest. I think all posters accounts should be validated so we dont have the kind of thing that happened yesterday with the Physco person and otheres who have hiden agendas. as posted above those who have industry credentials are all devils unless their gear is owned by the consumer posting. Perhaps there are Industry professionals that know something or is that only given to the "popular" ones like Taiko or wilson or Magico. SO which way is it? free speech for all or only for some?

Elliot, I want you to verify and validate me for the forum. Let’s put your money where your mouth is. If you accept the challenge, I will call you and exchange my address and contact information. Bring the Wadax combo over to my house and we can compare it to my current set up. If I have and I’m everything that I say I have and I’m, you leave the Wadax set up at my house and issue a public apology to me on this forum. Let’s see how confident you are that I’m a fake, college dropout living in my mother’s basement. Come on tough guy, you can validate me for the rest of the forum to see who is and who is not intellectually honest. I’m waiting on your response, let’s see how your cheap talk hiding behind the keyboard stacks up in real life.

Elliot, the rest of the forum and I are waiting for you to man up and put your money where your mouth is. A troll can type words that are cheap and easy to hide behind, it’s time for you to back them up!

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I had a similar problem with the girlfriend/wife alibi defense. She is at both the most able to verify the defendant whereabouts. At the sametime the most likely to assist in a fabricated defense.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Elliot, I want you to verify and validate me for the forum. Let’s put your money where your mouth is. If you accept the challenge, I will call you and exchange my address and contact information. Bring the Wadax combo over to my house and we can compare it to my current set up. If I have and I’m everything that I say I have and I’m, you leave the Wadax set up at my house and issue a public apology to me on this forum. Let’s see how confident you are that I’m a fake, college dropout living in my mother’s basement. Come on tough guy, you can validate me for the rest of the forum to see who is and who is not intellectually honest. I’m waiting on your response, let’s see how your cheap talk hiding behind the keyboard stacks up in real life.

Elliot, the rest of the forum and I are waiting for you to man up and put your money where your mouth is. A troll can type words that are cheap and easy to hide behind, it’s time for you to back them up!
Why don't you leave the freebee out and just have Elliot over. And maybe an unbiased moderator. Its usually fun to show off ones system. If you feel its up to snuff.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Why don't you leave the freebee out and just have Elliot over. And maybe an unbiased moderator. Its usually fun to show off ones system. If you feel its up to snuff.
No! The challenge is as stated.

Unlike Mike, I don’t want or need anyone over to my house.

Elliot will be able to tell you if my systems are up to snuff!

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Carlos leaving the WADAX at your place is to much too ask for .
Thats a deal that nobody would make off course

So sad, so bad. Cry me a river. Elliot went off and shot off his mouth, now he has to step up and deliver!

By the way, after Elliot reports back on my audio investment, you will realize that the costs of the Wadax combo doesn’t make that much difference..

Reactions: Kingsrule

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
So sad, so bad. Cry me a river. Elliot went off and shot off his mouth, now he has to step up and deliver!

By the way, after Elliot reports back on my audio investment, you will realize that the costs of the Wadax combo doesn’t make that much difference..
I just called my local Porsche dealer, insulted him publicly, and challenged him to deliver a 911 GT3 RS to my house for an extended loan free of charge. Im waiting patiently for his reply.

thank you for sharing this amazing negotiation technique to get free stuff Carlos. You are such an asset to WBF.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
I just called my local Porsche dealer, insulted him publicly, and challenged him to deliver a 911 GT3 RS to my house for an extended loan free of charge. Im waiting patiently for his reply.

thank you for sharing this amazing negotiation technique to get free stuff Carlos. You are such an asset to WBF.

Does it look like I need any free stuff:

My systems

I will make sure to show Elliot my Porsche’s when he is over just for you.

• Haha
Reactions: andromedaaudio

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Does it look like I need any free stuff:

My systems

I will make sure to show Elliot my Porsche’s when he is over just for you.
Yes, it looks like your asking for free stuff. Or your making a hollow ask and loosing face. Just having Elliot apologized would be a massive status uptick for you. It would make you epic. Hiding behind a Wadax pushes you back another notch. You sort of painted yourself into a loose loose place.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Yes, it looks like your asking for free stuff. Or your making a hollow ask and loosing face. Just having Elliot apologized would be a massive status uptick for you. It would make you epic. Hiding behind a Wadax pushes you back another notch. You sort of painted yourself into a loose loose place.
Why don’t you let Elliot speak and reply for himself? This has nothing to do with you.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I would like to propose that rule 13 in the forum's terms of service be deleted? Obviously it is unenforceable. Is there a formal way to go about making this request? .

I think everything is enforceable when owners can go in and edit and delete content and signatures without notification.

• Sad
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I think everything is enforceable when owners can go in and edit and delete content and signatures without notification.
This is total misinformation. Owners have nothing to do with moderation PERIOD. Your suggestion is absolutely false

Reactions: emoonie

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Does this site have the ability to "time out" a member for a period of time? I'm thinking that might be a good tool to exercise from time to time...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
my opinion regarding names and disclosure is the concept of signal to noise.

the more and the stronger your opinions are, the more there is a responsibility to disclose. stay low key, then be a ghost. live and let live.

i know the TOS has some specifics about it which i respect. obviously i'm the most open book on the forum, to a fault. but don't need or expect it from others. but will push for it if their positions are strongly taken since i want to understand who i'm dealing with to connect the dots. find common ground. learn something. what caused them to form their opinions?

we have a major (from time to time) sh*t stirrer here who likes being a ghost. i mostly ignore him due to that. his choice. i do respect his right to be a ghost. just don't like it much.

i do respect those who are in the business of hifi feeling strongly about that part. but i don't worry about that stuff.

just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Carlos, Let me know if you live near the Boston area. I will be glad to make a trip over to meet you and check out your gear. It would be fun and I will certainly learn something. I could take a video and photos to verify and report back in these pages. But, I don't think this validation is necessary. We read the content of your posts and form our own opinions. This is all pretty silly if you ask me.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Does this site have the ability to "time out" a member for a period of time? I'm thinking that might be a good tool to exercise from time to time...
yes. It is a kind way of terming a temporary ban The mods follow a warning ladder if TOS are violated and with each temporary ban the time out is longer. If the offending individual continues in spite of warnings from mods they have the authority to issue a permanent ban. Owners do not moderate nor do we even know what the mods are even discussing. Nothing is shared with Ron or I. To read Peter's post is nothing but misinformation.

As for removing Article 13 of our TOS, this will remain for the very simple reason that Mike has so eloquently stated ........

. but will push for it if their positions are strongly taken since i want to understand who i'm dealing with to connect the dots. find common ground. learn something.

Reactions: msimanyi

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Steve, David did not delete his signature. I do not know who did and am not suggesting the moderators did.

Post #4 in this thread where I copied his signature before it disappeared: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/ddk.21450/
Steve explained a few months back that David's sign on was deleted to protect the property of the forum so that property could not be deleted. and the signature was deleted since he is not a member. nothing happened that was not explained.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Steve explained a few months back that David's sign on was deleted to protect the property of the forum so that property could not be deleted. and the signature was deleted since he is not a member. nothing happened that was not explained.

Former members can not delete their content, so that is not a concern. Other former members did not have their signatures deleted.

Are you saying that Steve did delete his signature? Steve just said that no one deleted his signature. I said someone did, and Steve wrote that I was spreading misinformation, that my suggestion is absolutely false. How is it false Mike? I will be happy to admit I am mistaken if I am, but I assure you that ddk did not delete his signature, nor did he want it to me deleted, nor was he notified that it would be deleted. The response is only that the moderators are independent of the owners and the owners do not moderate. Someone went it to an account and altered it. That means that everything is enforceable by someone. There is autonomy and the members are not necessarily given notice or have a say in the action taken.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing