Integrated amp under $10 K recommendations

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I think the best integrated amps under 10,000.00 are Luxman and Soulnote. Luxman is very musical and laid back, while Soulnote is very dynamic and fast. The pace and rhythm is fantastic and I think a little more detailed than the Luxman.
I think Soulnote is owned by an ex-Marantz employee. Audio world is small :)

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I’ll add Hegel, I had a parasound A21 driven by a very smooth Krell pre and a hegel h360 with virtually identical power ratings was so much better with the speakers, the first Revel ultima Salons that it was startling. Neither unit was defective and I’d never heard that dramatic of an audible difference before. The Hegel was double the price at $5500 but had the pre, pretty good dac for the time and a remote while the A21 was just a power amp, amazing build and power for the money, but not the last word in neutrality. Try as many as you can. The Pathos logos mk2 can be pretty special in the right system also well under $10k

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

matsurus

Aug 24, 2023
I can vouch for soulnote, since i own A2 SE. For my taste:

-i listen lot of badly recorded music (like 80's italian progressive rock), so i want a gear that can sound great on good recordings, and also good on bad recordings. Showing their faults, but doing it smooth way so you can concentrate on music.

Soul note tonality is on A2 a slight side of warmth, it is smooth sounding and open & dynamic. I wanted it to have even more organic presentation, so i pared it with luxman cl38uc tube pre, and have been very happy with this combination.

Best part in soul Note is, that it has tube like flow and organic tone. (even more with tube pre)
I have wavac 300b, and i think they both have very similar "taste" and flow, so the short signal path & no negative feedback work here.
To give comparisons: personally i do not like moderrn accuphase gear, i would say they are bit of opposite from tonality of soundnote. (I have heard up to e5000, though not on same system) and i always get feeling when. have in my mind the feeling of organic flow from wavac & soulnote, that accuphase gear is very mechanical, tight, gray sounding. YMMV, but just reporting my listening experiences.

Last edited:

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I have a H590 listed on usam.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing