Interested in opinions for the following DACs - TotalDAC, Lampi, Ideon, Aries Cerat...

skinnyfla

Nov 1, 2023
Germany
... so I started my upgrade journey with digital by integrating an Antipodes K22 G4 a few weeks ago. Wow - what an amazing difference that made. Now I want to upgrade the DAC (right now I use my McIntosh C52s integrated DAC Chip)... looking at the following and so I`m interested in opinions (I know you can already find a lot when reading existing threads here - but I`m more interested if people have compared any of these more or less directly)... I do play a lot of rock related music and so the overall sound should be rich, organic, warmish/colourful in the mids and highs and strong in base

Lampizator Baltic 4 - this sounds really interesting in the overall sound signature especially for mids and treble - but according to reviews it lacks bottom end and so it`s not really recommended for anything "rock"?

... so basically I need a baltic 4 for mids and highs and a more powerful bottom end.

Ideao EOS seems to fit as a perfect match from what I read - anyone have any listening experience here?

Then theres TotalDAC D1-Unity (but I am not so much a fan of using all those filters and stuff - rather one setup and thats that) and finally the Aries Cerat Helene.

Right now I do have a strong tendency towards the Ideon EOS which I will listen to shortly.

Any thoughts/experience - don`t want to spread the search out that much further (unless someone has a perfect match as alternative), as in the end there will be 100000 different recommendations.

Cheers and thanks!!!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing