Is it possible to get better bass in my room or do I need to change speakers?

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Tested the frequency response with speakers 14" higher and the results were worse. Already tried placing the speakers along the 13' width side but had poor results there before but can revisit - I had to sit almost at the rear wall to get any bass and that puts me right in front of doors. I think I had them out as far as 1/3 of the way along the longer length before and still had poor results.
The point here is to get that bass problem below 80Hz. If you can do so, then using a Distributed Bass Array like @tkoslek suggests will solve the bass problems.

Reactions: Tim Link

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Can you publish your REW data with the speakers 14" higher? Compare before/after from 20-300Hz.
I'll have to measure again...thought I saved the file last time. Sometimes hard to get the house quiet enough (kids) to do the measurements when I'm home.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing