JackD201 - Almost Done

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere. FLD (local Purist dealer) gave me one as a present a long time ago.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can't possibly be that one. Any tips where to get a copy in case I can't get one from Ferdie?

Funny story from our old place. I left the disc on repeat and the maid thought the other condo unit was haunted! LOL!

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was trying not to log on and check Jack's photos. I'm meeting up with him tonight and wanted to not see anything and just get wowed when I get there. Well, couldn't resist. Haha. Looking forward to tonight Jack!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was trying not to log on and check Jack's photos. I'm meeting up with him tonight and wanted to not see anything and just get wowed when I get there. Well, couldn't resist. Haha. Looking forward to tonight Jack!!

well keith, the pics are dark enough for you to see most of it. there is still an element of surprise. but wait, i think that darkish mood is already jack's bright mode. :D

great to see the subterranean lair back, jack. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Time to get banging hours on he long dormant system :D

This Sunday, I will mount the TD COI cart Phil. All that's missing now are my almute acoustic columns. I'm waiting for the new sheets to arrive. With them gone, the rooms balance is a bit screwed. I turn down the tweeters too much and the mids become prominent. With all the added bass absorption in anticipation of the 11s, I can't tax the subs too much either. As a result I just have to hard cap the SPLs for now. They should be in the latter part of this month. I'm just glad it is the shortest month of the year! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Time to get banging hours on he long dormant system :D

This Sunday, I will mount the TD COI cart Phil. All that's missing now are my almute acoustic columns. I'm waiting for the new sheets to arrive. With them gone, the rooms balance is a bit screwed. I turn down the tweeters too much and the mids become prominent. With all the added bass absorption in anticipation of the 11s, I can't tax the subs too much either. As a result I just have to hard cap the SPLs for now. They should be in the latter part of this month. I'm just glad it is the shortest month of the year! :D

Time to fly! :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve was the official bad influence! :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Time to bring out some Donna Summer for me......

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Jack,

Congratulations on getting the room retooled after the flooding.

Can you post some pictures of the room with the lights on? I think we are interested in seeing what she looks like when out of the shadows. :)

Thanks,
Dre

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
That is cool jack those lasers , I like the sound as well , basstight and spacey.
You might have set a listening room trend :D.
I bet you like music of the various dutch DJ s

Last edited:

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
That looks pretty cool, Jack. When those arrows display, does anyone have the urge to DDR? :D

BTW, congrats on getting the room back in order. Another setup I can live vicariously through.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That is cool jack those lasers , I like the sound as well , basstight and spacey.
You might have set a listening room trend :D.
I bet you like music of the various dutch DJ s

Van Buuren, Tiesto, Corsten, Van Doorn, yeah I like your DJs a lot! I'm still trying to find an excuse to attend ADE in October.

Right now the room is too spacey. The two almute columns aren't back from re-fabrication yet. They do the job of about 60 sq/ft of 4 inch thick fiberglass so you can imagine the difference in reflected mids and highs from the front corners. There are some really ragged peaks and nulls where it hurts most. I am happy with the bass though :D

Dre,

I might have some time to mess around down there today. I'll charge a good camera.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
or Amsterdam :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing