Jeff Bezos to lose status as world’s richest man as Amazon stock tumbles

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
In the not too distant future, you will linger over a YouTube video of a recent release. By day's end, an autonomous drone or vehicle (because the future of Uber is eliminating the driver and delivering merchandise not people) will deliver it to your Amazon locker next to your mailbox. If you don't want or like it, you put it back in the locker for return
Totally agree

they are working on it now.
there are commercials on TV showing a drone making deliveries to your house and the Amazon bot traveling down the street to make a delivery as you said
Al M you should read Origin

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I'm a fan of Amazon Prime. They bought Whole Foods, which turned out great. The store is more like it was when it first opened, lots of good deals and the quality of the prepared food is on the rise. I'm spending less and I get 5% back as credit on my account. The only negative I noticed is the Amazon labels don't stick to the waxed paper they use for fish, meats, etc. very well.

IDK about the whole 1-day delivery thing... 99% of the time I'd rather pay less and wait an extra day, the costs of 1-day are going to raise the price of the products to some degree.

Also, I resent their special deal on shipping, I spend big $ on shipping and payment processing, I see what Amazon ships and for how much and it just doesn't compute. For example I get a $20 product shipped to me 'free" 2-day, in many cases I couldn't even buy the shipping for $20!

Whole Foods acquisition has been driving them nuts. Hasn’t succeeded yet.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Totally agree

they are working on it now.
there are commercials on TV showing a drone making deliveries to your house and the Amazon bot traveling down the street to make a delivery as you said

I think the drone stuff is overdone, personally. Can’t hold enough to make it cost friendly. Amazon revolutionized retail with 2-day shipping which we all craved. But the world has changed a few years later. They were forced into 1-day by the others.

The stock is an AWS story, not a retail one.

Reactions: jeff1225

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think the drone stuff is overdone, personally. Can’t hold enough to make it cost friendly. Amazon revolutionized retail with 2-day shipping which we all craved. But the world has changed a few years later. They were forced into 1-day by the others.

The stock is an AWS story, not a retail one.

You have to create growth somehow, even if it’s promises of drones that are totally impractical.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Steve, as I outlined in the EV thread, no matter how good "Artificial Intelligence" becomes, this doesn't change anything about the fact that computers don't actually understand anything, i.e. they don't actually have any intelligence.

And with all due respect, while Dan Brown may write very well, I consider him a rather shallow thinker. But that's just my opinion.

Steve Williams

Steve, as I outlined in the EV thread, no matter how good "Artificial Intelligence" becomes, this doesn't change anything about the fact that computers don't actually understand anything, i.e. they don't actually have any intelligence.

And with all due respect, while Dan Brown may write very well, I consider him a rather shallow thinker. But that's just my opinion.

Like I said Al, it's all good. I respect your views but mine are somewhat different than yours. No harm in speculation as that is all we are doing. As I said, no one has a crystal ball

Steve Williams

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The favorite to get the contract was Amazon.
So it's a little strange that Microsoft got it; not suspicious enough for you Steve?

And why do you use that dictatorial tone with me; did I ever offend you?
You make me feel like a bug you squash twice to make sure it's dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

I don't get it either, Bob. Yours was just an innocent reply to Hi-FiGuy's post.

Steve Williams

The favorite to get the contract was Amazon.
So it's a little strange that Microsoft got it; not suspicious enough for you Steve?

No I don't find it suspicious at all and you are too sensitive Bob.I'd like to think that I am the OP of this thread which has drifted in many directions and suddenly you throw that in. I felt it was a fair question to ask

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I know you're the OP; reason more to stop judging me personally (or anyone else for that matter) by now saying I'm too sensitive...yes I am because I'm human. You are too, that makes two of us.

And yes some threads explore subjects further from intelligent people's discussions; that's how real life works.

Any question is fair to ask Steve; it's just your tone sounded a little "negative".

Check ...
What does this even have to do what we are discussing

If I was stupid I wouldn't be here; I respect all members on equal level.
I'm not anal when the topic explore further from smart people. I welcome and encourage advanced intellect. I weight my words with solid foundations.
Amazon's Jeff Bezos might be the 2nd richest man after Bill Gates because one the split with his wife (financial) and two (the real essence here) because of that $10 billion contract from the Pentagon accorded to Microsoft. And that has few reasons behind, suspicious reasons certainly.

IMO

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

You're out of touch Al:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/tech/artificial-intelligence-poop-training/index.html

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
No I don't find it suspicious at all and you are too sensitive Bob.I'd like to think that I am the OP of this thread which has drifted in many directions and suddenly you throw that in. I felt it was a fair question to ask

On the contrary, it is you who is too sensitive, Steve. Bob was just posting an innocent follow up on a post by someone else. There was no need for a reply to Bob's post like yours. "Off topic", give me a break, please.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Folsom

Steve Williams

On the contrary, it is you who is too sensitive, Steve. Bob was just posting an innocent follow up on a post by someone else. There was no need for a reply to Bob's post like yours. "Off topic", give me a break, please.

apologies to all

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing