Digital:

Vitus MP-D201 Mk.III DAC
Vitus MP-T201 MK.II CD Transport
Aurender N30SA (Streamer)
Aurender ACS10 (CD Ripper)

Power Conditioner: Shunyata Everest w/SSF Feet

Cables: Shunyata Omega, w/ Sigma v2 speaker cables

Cable Elevators: Shunyata DF-SS

3 x Dedicated Circuits (10g) with Shunayta SR-Z1 Outlets w/ Shunyata Cable Cradle Wall Plates

Rack: Adona Reference, 2 x Custom Eric’s C3s and 2 x Zero GR1 Amp Stands

Our Dealer:

Tony Barnette
Ellington HiFi
https://www.ellingtonhifi.com

IMG_0824.jpeg

2fastdriving

Jan 19, 2023
Looks great, I am sure it sounds even better! congrats!

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Many thanks for all the comments. It’s beautiful. It’s still breaking in, but it’s already excellent. World-Class!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
That's great !

You could make a video so we can all listen.

I still haven’t learned how to post videos on WTB. I’ve tried and failed numerous times …

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Stealth Effect

IMG_0826.jpeg

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
If you made a youtube video with your phone, copy its URL. In the posting editor click the 3rd set of vertical dots from the left to drop down a menu. Select the second icon from the left on that menu. A window will open where you can copy your youtube URL. That's all you need to do.

If you don't know how to make a youtube video, get the youtube app. You can make the video on your phone and upload it via the youtube app. It is easy and I can explain further for you.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Tima,

Many thanks. Great instructions. This is a very poor quality video, but …

Haevn, The Sea

All iphone videos are poor quality so don't worry about it.

Congrats on a beautiful system, I'm very interested in your turntable. How long have you had it? What did it replace?

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
All iphone videos are poor quality so don't worry about it.

Congrats on a beautiful system, I'm very interested in your turntable. How long have you had it? What did it replace?
TT is a J Sikora. I’ve had it for app 1.6 years now. I went digital only for many years, so no TT.

Reactions: jeff1225

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Tima,

Many thanks. Great instructions. This is a very poor quality video, but …

Haevn, The Sea

Hey, you made it. Lots of people won't even list their equipment much less publish a video of their system, so congrats on doing that.

I don't know this music. It seems to have a lot of reverb or post-recording processing, but that is the recording not the video. Do you feel it is representative of what you hear in your room? That doesn't mean the same as what you hear, just if it is reasonably true to the in-room experience.

Reactions: bonzo75

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Hey, you made it. Lots of people won't even list their equipment much less publish a video of their system, so congrats on doing that.

I don't know this music. It seems to have a lot of reverb or post-recording processing, but that is the recording not the video. Do you feel it is representative of what you hear in your room? That doesn't mean the same as what you hear, just if it is reasonably true to the in-room experience.

It was a new recording to me as well. A friend requested it. I’ll post another below.

YT sounds nothing like what the music sounds like in the room. I’m not sure it’s even worth making these type videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Long Live Analog

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Tima,

I went ahead and removed the videos. They sound horrible IMO. They are nothing like the sound in our room.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I really like this turntable and think it should be a contender for one of the best belt drives out there.

Thanks. It’s a great table. We had Jose - Dr. Vinyl - come do the setup. He did a great job.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Tima,

I went ahead and removed the videos. They sound horrible IMO. They are nothing like the sound in our room.

Of course that is your discretion. At least you tried.

If you care to offer, what is radically different about the video from what you hear in room?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Of course that is your discretion. At least you tried.

If you care to offer, what is radically different about the video from what you hear in room?

The last one I attempted was a female vocal which I’m very familiar with. Vitus deals wonderfully with human voices, but YT / iPhone isn’t. In the YT video the bass sounded bloated and the midrange flat. There was no depth and it was lacking much of the soundstage. I couldn’t believe that was the way our system sounded in YT. Never again!

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
The new Masterpiece components are still breaking in. They are sounding tremendous. We had four audiophiles over yesterday and mouths were dropping. I’ll give a fuller review on each component in app a week or so.

Our digital has caught up with our vinyl. However, I believe a Vitus MP Phono Stage will be ordered soon!

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Vitus Masterpiece World-Class End Game System

A Laymen’s Impressions

How does one describe the indescribable?

We have been searching for “our” end game system. That is “the” superior system that gives us a true sense of live sound in our living space. We’ve come extremely close with some other audio systems - really close! But while we were satisfied the search still continued for “the” absolute right sound for “us.”

We now own a Vitus Masterpiece front end which has been added to Vitus SM-103 monos and Magico M3 Speakers. The Vitus list:

Vitus MP-D201 Mk.III DAC
Vitus MP-L201 Mk.II Line Stage
Vitus MP-T201 MK.II CD Transport
Vitus RC-010 Remote Control
Vitus SM-103 Mono Amps

Synergy of the Vitus Suite:

Hearing is believing. While each Vitus component sounds excellent in its own right, when each piece is paired together into a complete Vitus suite a beautiful dynamic synergy emerges. There’s a balance to the entire system, each component reaching it’s full potential without limiting the others. For us it’s engaging, natural, and relaxed. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. And the sound you receive is nirvana - at least for us.

Build Quality:

The build quality of Vitus is the best we’ve owned. Every millimeter is impeccably crafted. Vitus has a clean unobtrusive design. Solid construction. The artistry, skill, and workmanship is off the charts. This is a masterfully over-built product.

Vitus Jet Black Finish:

Ascetics matter. A proper finish on audiophile components is vitally important. Vitus’ “jet black” finish is a little bit of an upgrade and absolutely gorgeous! It’s more than a color, it’s a beautiful texture. It’s exceptionally nice! Of course, with Vitus you may choose your own custom finish.

No Noise:

Vitus Masterpiece units are a marvel to hear, or maybe I should say not hear. Hans-Ole Vitus over-builds his products. He is a master at eliminating noise in his audio components. This is true in each of his designs but especially in his top of the line Masterpiece offerings. There’s a black canvass behind the music. With the noise removed, all that is presented and all that remains is the beauty of the music. Silence is revelatory! Thanks Hans.

Remote Control: Vitus RC-010

Every piece of our Vitus suite is controlled by a well-designed rechargeable remote control. The remote’s screen may be programmed to display only the Vitus pieces one owns. Complete control in one remote for your entire high-end audio system. Simplicity, control, and elegance.

Masterpiece Line Stage: Vitus MP-L201 Mk.II

The Vitus MP Line Stage is the control center (the brains) of the entire Masterpiece system. It’s engineered with a no compromised electronics, mechanics, and power supply. Overall the Vitus MP Line Stage performs its designed functions exquisitely.

This Line Stage gives a beautiful, lush, and detailed presentation. The soundstage is off the charts as compared to many others we’ve listened to. The bass weight, dynamics, low-level detail, texture, and timbre envelop the listener. Ultimately, the MP-L201 Mk.II Linestage gives one unbelievable control over the sources in their system. We’re blown away!

Masterpiece CD Transport: Vitus MP-T201 MK.II

The MP Transport is a work of functional art. It’s built like a tank. The precise drawer mechanism is very special, and exceptionally smooth in its operation. Jitter is of no concern. There’s no veiling of the sound. The sound stage is excellent - deep and wide.

CDs have never sounded better. Even poorly recorded CDs (like “Three Dog Night”) from back in the day become more alive with natural realism. Clean, clear, and precise. And through the Vitus MP DAC, CDs sound absolutely stunning!

Masterpiece DAC: Vitus D201 Mk.III

This DAC is the hugest surprise of all. Because of it’s specs I wasn’t expecting to ever purchase it. The Vitus is only NativeDSD up to 256 and PCM up to 384kHz with 32 bit resolution. Initially, looking just at the specs, I said no way. Other DACs have 512, 1024, etc. However, this Vitus MP DAC has absolutely floored us.

After listening to some of the very best DACs in the entire world (Aqua HiFi Formula xHD, CH Precision C1.2, dCS Vivaldi, EMM DA2V2, Ideon Absolute E + Time, Kalista DreamPlayX + DAC, MSB Select II, Playback Designs MPD-8, Thrax Libra, and even recently a friend’s Lampi Horizon, etc.) we were immediately memorized by the analogue sound of the Vitus MP DAC. The Vitus MP ends our DAC search! It’s “my precious.”

Always Listen! Specs aren’t the entire story in a DAC, or any other piece of audio equipment. Hans voiced the MP DAC to sound analogue. He absolutely nailed it! Combine this DAC with high end cables and as far as sound you have heaven upon earth. This DAC sounds very much like our TT in sound quality and presentation. While I still think vinyl sounds a little richer and fuller, this MP DAC has closed the gap considerably. (Note: this opinion may change after we receive and evaluate a new forthcoming Vitus MP Phono Stage to replace our VAC).

The huge 3D soundstage wraps fully around and envelopes the listener. It’s a venue sound! It presents a new level of vivid clarity with a three-dimensional width, depth, breath, and height. Excellent detail without sounding overly analytical. True resolution. The sound is deep, expansive, saturated, and emotional. Incredible micro and macro dynamics. With the Magico M3 speakers it’s an immersive experience like no other we’ve experienced. Layer upon layer upon layer of life-like reality; dream waves of sound. The presentation is clean, pure, and alluring. There’s excellent separation between the instruments, but still a beautiful absolute unity to the overall sound.

Everything is more musical, detailed, organic, and airy. Music is no longer played as much as it is magnificently displayed. The bass is detailed, fast, and potent. The mid-range displays a “I am there” experience and the tremble is musical and transparent.

I really enjoy female vocals. Voices sound unbelievably natural with Vitus. You can hear the delicate feelings in the lyrics and the vocalist’s distinct pronunciation of every word, every syllable. The lyrics seem almost touchable. Texture, tone, intimacy, seductiveness, sonic purity, and naturalness are all part of this “analogue” type package. Liquidity unlike anything we have encountered. An emotionally engaging sound. There’s a sense of absolute realism; live music, ever so natural. Finally an “analogue” DAC. Addictive!

Summary:

Vitus Masterpiece components are a STATEMENT no compromise work of functional art that have revolutionized our listening experience. Vitus components are world-class!

Our Dealer:

Tony Barnette
Ellington HiFi
https://www.ellingtonhifi.com

Vitus Audio:

https://www.vitusaudio.com

There’s no going back after owning Vitus!

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
Great write-up.
I’ve used Vitus - SIA 25 integrated amp, SP101 phonostage, SCD/2 cd player and more recently the MPd201 Mk3 DAC.
I enjoyed greatly these devises with various loud speakers.
depending on the synergy with the speakers I found the sound a little dark….. but I really enjoyed them.
Finally, I moved to Tidal which as been a revelation in my system - I recently changed my MP201 DAC for a tidal Contros which I prefer.
We are lucky to have such choices - enjoy your wonderful system….Simon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing