John Williams in Vienna

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Received this album yesterday. I have to say that it is a surprise sonically. I was under the expectation that the sound would be fragrancely digital. It turns out to sound very good. The tone is refreshingly modern. The hall ambient is there to hear from the venue. Aactually nothing to complain about if you are not so picky. The music itself is household familiar, exciting. Performance from Vienna Philharmonic never disappoint and there is Ms. Mutter In Indiana Jones and The Witches of Eastwick. This is a Deutsche Grammophon two vinyls album. Superb cutting. As quiet as the Bruckner 7 dtd. The whole family can enjoy orchestra. https://elusivedisc.com/john-williams-anne-sophie-mutter-john-williams-in-vienna-2lp/

56E7C15F-A202-4C85-A3F1-38C096117996.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Received this album yesterday. I have to say that it is a surprise sonically. I was under the expectation that the sound would be fragrancely digital. It turns out to sound very good. The tone is refreshingly modern. The hall ambient is there to hear from the venue. Aactually nothing to complain about if you are not so picky. The music itself is household familiar, exciting. Performance from Vienna Philharmonic never disappoint and there is Ms. Mutter In Indiana Jones and The Witches of Eastwick. This is a Deutsche Grammophon two vinyls album. Superb cutting. As quiet as the Bruckner 7 dtd. The whole family can enjoy orchestra. https://elusivedisc.com/john-williams-anne-sophie-mutter-john-williams-in-vienna-2lp/

View attachment 70311

i've listened to the 24/96 on Quboz a number of times, low expectations, but high degree of great engaging music......fine recording.......been a go-to and satisfying every time. of course it helps to adore pretty much every movie connected to the music. so hard to factor that out, not that we want to.

the big rig loves the scale and sweep on this one......it can be pushed and holds up well.

might have to try the vinyl too. thanks Tang.

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Own the Blu-ray which is sonically one of the highlights this year on this medium. If it is so great like Tang says maybe I add the vinyl.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

View attachment 70311
A great album.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Agree...a great album.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing