Kondo vs Allnic

Let’s try to be productive and helpful.

What was your cash cost for the Thomas Mayer fully loaded. Let’s set the baseline.
Let's put it this way... Each ec8020 tube is between 2-4k euro and you need 8. So the tube cost here probably buys a good portion of an allnic. That wasn't the question though. The question was what's best here and the answer was quite straightforward. I hope that helps and we can move on. Daniel san says hi

Let's put it this way... Each ec8020 tube is between 2-4k euro and you need 8. So the tube cost here probably buys a good portion of an allnic. That wasn't the question though. The question was what's best here and the answer was quite straightforward. I hope that helps and we can move on. Daniel san says hi
This is helpful. How much is the base ?

Trying to figure out what that config costs ? It’s not offered currently so it would be custom.

How big a difference is TM partial and full silver D3A vs differential and how do you think that competes with H10,000

This is helpful. How much is the base ?

Trying to figure out what that config costs ? It’s not offered currently so it would be custom.

How big a difference is TM partial and full silver D3A vs differential and how do you think that competes with H10,000
the full silver i was told sounds more effusive with more details , i havent compared them side to side to confirm that . i usually just go for the top model when i feel that the component is synergistic so i dont have to roll upwards. I dont think the allnic is in the same room as the TM; allnic i will put in the mid tier category; even the ch that fremer likes - i too have it in the mid tier ...when i say that i made no reference to the price ; i mean tiers of sound - the sound there is not in the high tier range.. the thing about the tm phono is....you cannot get the full potential without hooking it up to the tm preamp. hence i think thats where a few ppl get wrong buying the phono but without the preamp .

Picture of an allnic I modded. Not pretty but it did sound better after I did my work. This is their preamp.

Attachments

• 20230622_232613.jpg
    20230622_232613.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Picture of an allnic I modded. Not pretty but it did sound better after I did my work. This is their preamp.
Which Model?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu