KRONOS Pro ... finally

The second clip sounds flat and lifeless to me. Also tizzy whitish highs. I have seen better vinyl videos, but this one still sounds much more engaging than does the one from the Mosaic box set.

It would be fun to see this music on a Kronos Pro for the sake of the thread.

See below.
If I offended you I apologize, that wasn’t my intention. I just shared my experience.

As a side note about the file you shared in terms of a better version; it sounds lifeless, lacking dynamics and instruments have a plastic feel. That may not be what you hear in your setup but keep this as a friendly advice.

No worries. I hear it the opposite way: the video having a plastic feel, lightweight sound, and just being generally tonally incorrect, and hollow. It hurts my ears to listen to it. This probably comes from the speakers and recording, not from the vinyl or the turntable. If this is hi-fi sound, then I'll gladly stick to what I have... I guess we can leave it at that. I'll let you know if I ever change my mind!

Last edited:
If Kronos Pro + upgraded PSU is so good , I have a friend with a new unit for sales at a good price . He only took it out for display .
I heard it many times and demoed it in my system . The capacitor PSU do make a big difference to the SQ. Good TT but I don’t fancy their tonearm

Last edited:
If Kronos Pro + upgraded PSU is so good , I have a friend with a new unit for sales at a good price . He only took it out for display .
I heard it many times and demoed it in my system . Good TT but I don’t fancy their tonearm

Have you heard the new giant top of the line model? I understand that might be good, with the Kronos Discovery arm?

Have you heard the new giant top of the line model? I understand that might be good, with the Kronos Discovery arm?
Yes . In a less than optimum show room . Beautiful upgrade

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing